+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for Indian Chartered Accountants

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Dear All,

In point number 12 of ( On Education) " Application for permanent Residence" we need to tick highest level of formal Education.

Being a Graduate and CA, I think i should tick Bachelor's Degree, Trade Apprenticeship and Non-University certificate AND number of year of formal education should be 18.

Need your advice. Seniors Please help.

Thanks & regards

duggalca

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
batala2canada said:
Dear All,

Greetings from Kuwait

Following is status immigration points,

1. I did B.Com from Delhi University and CA from New Delhi which gives me -22 points
2. English test -10 points ( IELTS result- L-6.5, R-6,W-6 & S-6.5)
3. 12 year experience of Internal/Statutory Audit (Under NOC code 1111) - 21 points
4. Age 36 years- 10 points
5. Adaptability for wife's B.Com (Correspondence) from Delhi University (15 years' study), CA (3 parts) & 3 years' Apprenticeship training, 6 years' working experience in the field of Auditing, Taxation and Financial advisory (under NOC 1111) - 4 points

As of now my total points are 67. Do you think I should go ahead to file the application or retake the IELTS test to improve score?

Kindly do revert back.
With reference to your querry,i must say that it is always better to be on the same side.In my application i assumed 20 points for the education, and there is one member from Delhi, who told that he qualified by assuming 22 points and his application is already cleared and he even got call for Passport stamping.Principally we should claim 22 marks as we need to go for 3 year training for CA degree and which fall in the next category to Bachelor Degree, but you should be having a bachelor degree also.You should better to write to the CHC-New Delhi for it.

batala2canada

Aug 2, 2009
Dear All,

In respect of item number 12 ( on Education ) of “Application for Permanent Residence”, I am not sure what I should tick.

I am B.Com and CA. Logically, I think I should tick three boxes of “ Bachelor Degree”, “Trade/ Apprenticeship” and “Non-University Certificate and Diploma”

Need your advice. Kindly reply back.

Thanks & regards

duggalca

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
batala2canada said:
Dear All,

In respect of item number 12 ( on Education ) of “Application for Permanent Residence”, I am not sure what I should tick.

I am B.Com and CA. Logically, I think I should tick three boxes of “ Bachelor Degree”, “Trade/ Apprenticeship” and “Non-University Certificate and Diploma”

Need your advice. Kindly reply back.

Thanks & regards
I think you should tick the column of Trade apprenticeship as it falls next to Bachelor Degree and give you the credit of 22 marks.Also do one thing, in your covering letter you should explain it that you are having a bachelor degree and then professional degree with 3 years of continuous full time training from approved employer.Prinicipaly C.A degree should fall in the category next to Bachelor degree if one had qualified it after graduation.
Thanx

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
duggalca said:
I think you should tick the column of Trade apprenticeship as it falls next to Bachelor Degree and give you the credit of 22 marks.Also do one thing, in your covering letter you should explain it that you are having a bachelor degree and then professional degree with 3 years of continuous full time training from approved employer.Prinicipaly C.A degree should fall in the category next to Bachelor degree if one had qualified it after graduation.
Thanx
Hi Guys,
I am little bit confused in points for CA.
My Qualifcations are:-
CA
M. Com (Himachal University) (Correspondense)
B.Com (Delhi University) (2 years correspondense and 1 year Regular)

How much marks i can score in this category.

Thanks in advance.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
papmanindia said:
Hi Guys,
I am little bit confused in points for CA.
My Qualifcations are:-
CA
M. Com (Himachal University) (Correspondense)
B.Com (Delhi University) (2 years correspondense and 1 year Regular)

How much marks i can score in this category.

Thanks in advance.
If your university is recognized in your country and if you have enough years of study, you will get 25 points.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
Graduation +CA Inter-20
Graduation +Full CA-22

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Papmanindia should get 25 points if s/he has the right number of years and if Himachal university is recognized.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rupeshhari said:
Papmanindia should get 25 points if s/he has the right number of years and if Himachal university is recognized.
One should not count Correspondence Studies... its risky to consider it in 67 Benchmark..

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
OP6 page 20

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rupeshhari said:
OP6 page 20

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
Boss i told its risky. I never said it is not acceptable.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
accounts said:
Boss i told its risky. I never said it is not acceptable.
Boss I am just stating the rules as specified by CIC. The decision how to apply lies with papmanindia.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-done-graduation-but-it-is-not-regular-it-is-coresspondance-t31244.0.html;msg189802#msg189802