+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for "In a good standing but degree not awarded" v/s "degree received"

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Hi All,

Can anyone help me in solving my below two questions:

I have recently got master degree completion letter from college, so in Express Entry I will have status "In a good standing but degree not awarded" and not "degree received". Will this be sufficient to get 30 points for my Masters program or I have to wait for the formal degree from the college for 30 points to be awarded?

Thanks.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"In a good standing but degree not awarded" means that you are currently studying. If you select that, you wouldn't get the points.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
The degree has to be awarded in order for you to get points for it.

tharindumax

Mar 17, 2019
Dear All..
I have completed all the requirements of my master's program in Canada and currently awaiting the final grading, that will be released by end of September 2020(a few more weeks).
Is it fine to update my EE profile as I have completed masters as I would pass the cutoff by adding this?
Also, in case I receive an invitation after adding this in the next few weeks, do I need the official transcript to prove my education in Canada? or an unofficial transcript downloaded online would be fine?
kindly suggest me the best option or is it better wait for few more weeks..but will miss the next ITA round :(:confused:

Reactions: Amjad675

MysteryLog

Jan 19, 2023
Dear All..
I have completed all the requirements of my master's program in Canada and currently awaiting the final grading, that will be released by end of September 2020(a few more weeks).
Is it fine to update my EE profile as I have completed masters as I would pass the cutoff by adding this?
Also, in case I receive an invitation after adding this in the next few weeks, do I need the official transcript to prove my education in Canada? or an unofficial transcript downloaded online would be fine?
kindly suggest me the best option or is it better wait for few more weeks..but will miss the next ITA round :(:confused:
What did you eventually do?