+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for close relatives

atif_butt

Feb 11, 2009
I have one serious question and all people at this forum are encouraged to respond.I have so far gained very exciting and helpful information..Do I also need to provide "proof of address" from my close relatives in Canada to claim 5 points besides copy of his/her passport or permanent residence card.

Thanks indeed

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

atif_butt said:
I have one serious question and all people at this forum are encouraged to respond.I have so far gained very exciting and helpful information..Do I also need to provide "proof of address" from my close relatives in Canada to claim 5 points besides copy of his/her passport or permanent residence card.

Thanks indeed
1. You require birth certificates to prove the relationship, proof of the relatives PR or Citizenship and proof that that they are residing in Canada.

PMM

kofikumom

Sep 3, 2008
Hi PMM,
What happens if it's my elderly cousin's daughter?
That's going to call for a lot of birth certs.
And in any case, even though her daughter has one, my cousin never had a birth certificate herself (registration of births & deaths in my country until recently was largely ignored by the rural folks).
Can my niece write a letter confirming that I'm her aunt through her mother?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kofikumom said:
Hi PMM,
What happens if it's my elderly cousin's daughter?
That's going to call for a lot of birth certs.
And in any case, even though her daughter has one, my cousin never had a birth certificate herself (registration of births & deaths in my country until recently was largely ignored by the rural folks).
Can my niece write a letter confirming that I'm her aunt through her mother?
Neither 2nd cousin nor cousins count for adaptability points.
Brothers/Sisters/Mother/Father/Grandparents/Aunts/Uncles/Niece/Nephew.

PMM

sagar82

Dec 18, 2008
Hi PMM, My 2 uncles (my father's real brothers) are Canadian citizens....So how do I prove their relationships with me...Is birth certificate the only way as I'm not sure if they'll have it with them....Anything else can help...pls suggest..

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look at this as three different parts.

1. Proof how you are related to your uncles

- Your Birth Certificate
- Your Father's Marriage Certificate (Showing Father Name, May be address is same, highlight other common things)
- Your Unlc's Marriage Certificate (Showing Father Name, May be address is same, highlight other common things)
- Any other proof which shows linkage from you and your father -> your unlce (ID Cards, etc...)

2. Proof Your Uncle is Canadian Citizen or PR of Canada

- Copy of Canadian Passport
- Copy of Landing Record or Copy of PR Card or any other Document

3. Proof that your Uncle is living in Canada

- Credit Card Statements showing spending in Canada (at least 6 months)
- Utility Bills of House in Canada
- Tax Returns

I hope this helps...

MJM

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Certificates, you are already attaching Notarized copies...

I submitted original for Credit Card Statements, Utility Bills, copy of Tax return... Copy of Passport

NR

Mar 27, 2009
Hi
u can provide the degrees or any certificates like 10th class or 12th for both of them
sagar82 said:
Hi PMM, My 2 uncles (my father's real brothers) are Canadian citizens....So how do I prove their relationships with me...Is birth certificate the only way as I'm not sure if they'll have it with them....Anything else can help...pls suggest..