+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Point of Entry question

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hi
Please I need your help concerning an issue that has been bothering me. I would like to know if all countries are eligible to apply for work permit at the POE . Why I am asking is because I saw this on the CIC website :

"Some workers can apply at a port of entry
Most foreign workers must apply for a work permit outside of Canada. However, you may apply for a permit when you arrive at a port of entry in Canada if:

• you are from the U.S., Greenland or St. Pierre and Miquelon;
    you do not need a temporary resident visa (TRV) to visit Canada and your job does not need a labour market opinion from ESDC;
    you will not be working as a live-in caregiver or as a seasonal agricultural worker;
    you do not need a TRV to visit Canada, your job requires you to have an ESDC labour market opinion and it has been issued by the time you arrive
."

I am from Nigeria and I have found an employer at BC, However I would like to know if I can apply for work permit at the POE . Work permit application at my country takes 6months and I believe my situation applies to the bold words above. Please I would really appreciate your response.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you can't apply at the POE. You need a TRV to visit Canada so you must apply for the work permit from your country of residence.