+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Point calculation as per new changes 2017 CSQ

shamleo84

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
vensak said:
most likely 2 points.
OK, let me give you clear picture.
My spouse has only 12 years of education which is called intermediate post secondary 2 years full time study in Pakistan.
can i consider 2 points for education and two point for AOT? if thats the case i might be out of danger

dewmizan

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Dear Friends,
I have submitted my Quebec Skilled Worker Application on Aug 16, 2016 but according to the new system I calculated below my points but I am little bit confused about my masters degree & my wife's AOT points, pls help me any wrong calculation if I done.
APPLICANT:
Education = Master's degree with 4yrs (hons) in Finance & Banking total 17 yrs, ECA by WIES recognized masters
=12pts
Area of Training = Section B (Finance & Banking) 4 yrs(Hons) = 9 pts
Work experience = More than 08 years = 8 pts
Age = At the time of application 36.10 years = 14 pts
Language = English only (IELTS) 2+1+1+1 = 4 pts
(L=6.5, R=6, W=6, S=6.5)
SPOUSE:
Education = Masters (18 yrs) = 4 pts
Area of Training = Section C ( Business Admin) = 2 pts
Age = 36 Years = 2 pts
Accompanying Children = 1 kids under age 12 = 4 pts
Financial Self-sufficiency = Yes = 1 pts
Total = 60 pts

Question 1: My wife has no work experience. Will she get points for "Area of training" ?

Question 2 : Though ECA shows Canadian Equivalent Masters but Quebec will consider it masters?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dewmizan said:
Hi Dear Friends,
I have submitted my Quebec Skilled Worker Application on Aug 16, 2016 but according to the new system I calculated below my points but I am little bit confused about my masters degree & my wife's AOT points, pls help me any wrong calculation if I done.
APPLICANT:
Education = Master's degree with 4yrs (hons) in Finance & Banking total 17 yrs, ECA by WIES recognized masters
=12pts
Area of Training = Section B (Finance & Banking) 4 yrs(Hons) = 9 pts
Work experience = More than 08 years = 8 pts
Age = At the time of application 36.10 years = 14 pts
Language = English only (IELTS) 2+1+1+1 = 4 pts
(L=6.5, R=6, W=6, S=6.5)
SPOUSE:
Education = Masters (18 yrs) = 4 pts
Area of Training = Section C ( Business Admin) = 2 pts
Age = 36 Years = 2 pts
Accompanying Children = 1 kids under age 12 = 4 pts
Total = 60 pts

Question 1: My wife has no work experience. Will she get points for "Area of training" ?

Question 2 : Though ECA shows Canadian Equivalent Masters but Quebec will consider it masters?
1. Areas of training shall come from your education, so she shall get it.

What can be a bit questionable is how your and your wife diploma will be assessed (points for diploma itself). Thing it, that Quebec still does its own diploma assessment.
But if both of them were assessed as masters by WES, then there is a good chance, that it will be like that for Quebec as well.

dewmizan

Nov 10, 2014
vensak said:
1. Areas of training shall come from your education, so she shall get it.

What can be a bit questionable is how your and your wife diploma will be assessed (points for diploma itself). Thing it, that Quebec still does its own diploma assessment.
But if both of them were assessed as masters by WES, then there is a good chance, that it will be like that for Quebec as well.
Hi Friend,

Thanks for your reply. Really I am happy for your wise answer, now I'm still waiting for my doc check list. Pray for me.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamleo84 said:
OK, let me give you clear picture.
My spouse has only 12 years of education which is called intermediate post secondary 2 years full time study in Pakistan.
can i consider 2 points for education and two point for AOT? if thats the case i might be out of danger
Ok it what you have is noramly end of secondary education general degree in Canada, then it will be just 1 point.

Mar 17, 2017
I have done Bachelors in Information Technology 4 years. Is this degree has the same 12 points as Computer engineering.

My college and diploma is not listed in mon project.
what should I select

I am doing Residential and commercial drafting(DEP) at lester B Pearson career centre at verdun.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hello all,

By no means I am saying what Quebec is doing is right (retroactive changes) but I can now see why they are doing it. Many of the profiles (if not all) that I read in here are very well educated with relevant work experience but NO French language It costs the government thousands if not millions the process of "Francisation" for new comers. In short what the government wants is highly educated people with a high proficiency in the French language. Quebec will soon make having at least a B2 mandatory. The way things are going, I can predict they will hit yet again with retroactive changes for those who don't have at least a B2.

Why don't you try federal? Round of points have hit a historically low just recently.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
Hello all,

By no means I am saying what Quebec is doing is right (retroactive changes) but I can now see why they are doing it. Many of the profiles (if not all) that I read in here are very well educated with relevant work experience but NO French language It costs the government thousands if not millions the process of "Francisation" for new comers. In short what the government wants is highly educated people with a high proficiency in the French language. Quebec will soon make having at least a B2 mandatory. The way things are going, I can predict they will hit yet again with retroactive changes for those who don't have at least a B2.

Why don't you try federal? Round of points have hit a historically low just recently.
i agree with you. i have the B2 and so does my brother. he is getting ready to apply.
however i think it is fraud if they penalize the people who have already applied throught the old system which did not require the B2. i think the MIDI will face issues for that . you are indeed right when you talk about the francisation process for new comers. the province of quebec spends lots of money teaching french to people who should have known french if they intended to live in a french province. however, it was the MIDI who made it clear that people could apply to quebec with 0 knowledge of french in the first place.now they are changing the rules cuz the process is too expensive for them. i hope they stop this nonesense, cuz thier credibility and judgement are at stake.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
betty44 said:
i agree with you. i have the B2 and so does my brother. he is getting ready to apply.
however i think it is fraud if they penalize the people who have already applied throught the old system which did not require the B2. i think the MIDI will face issues for that . you are indeed right when you talk about the francisation process for new comers. the province of quebec spends lots of money teaching french to people who should have known french if they intended to live in a french province. however, it was the MIDI who made it clear that people could apply to quebec with 0 knowledge of french in the first place.now they are changing the rules cuz the process is too expensive for them. i hope they stop this nonesense, cuz thier credibility and judgement are at stake.
I have another theory. Quebec has highest rate of "immigrant move-out" among Canadian provinces and they believe that people with good French skills have better chances of assimilating in Quebec and hence staying. So they are increasing weightage of points for French. Also , they are overwhelmed by sheer no. of applicants hence increasing cut-off ( demand - supply equation)

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/canadians-are-spurning-quebec-by-choosing-to-move-to-other-provinces
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/new-canadians-love-quebec-but-theyre-leaving-it/article6673482/?page=all

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
Hello all,

In a way they put it on themselves. The whole way how they were taking people has created the whole situation. Nothing is preventing Quebec to make different streams (for example like Ontario or New Brunswick), where they will put down their requirements more clearly. That way, the selected candidates will be much more suitable for Quebec (and since they will be much higher chance for them to stay).
It would also create less tension for applicants and there will be less desire to modify the rules after seeing just how many of them will leave as soon as they will get their PR card.
As for actions against MIDI. One thing you need to check, what exactly did you agree upon when you were sending your application. I know for sure that provinces like to implement things like (we might change the rule and such)...

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi every one. Any one please guide me i am going to check my preliminary evaluation tool on Quebec immigration website. I did BSC Hons (4 years program) & then did Master in Business Administration (2 years program). total education is of 18 years. Kindly tell me which area of training is most suitable for me? in the below mentioned tabel which i have copies all degrees are mentioned as bachelor instead of Masters?

Administrative Sciences

Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 3, 4 or 5 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 16 to 18 years of full-time education)
- Accounting and Accounting Science (Bach.)
- Banking and Financial Operations (Bach.)
- Business Administration (Bach.)
- Business Management and Administration (Bach.)
- Human Resources Management (Bach.)
- Industrial Relations (Bach.)
- Information Management (Bach.)
- International Business (Bach.)
- Library Science and Records Management (Bach.)
- Marketing and Purchasing (Bach.)
- Operational Research (Bach.)
- Production Management (Bach.)
- Public Administration (Bach.)

Graduate diploma of university studies - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 18 to 19 years of full-time education)
- Health Services Management (Master's degree)
- Library Science and Records Management (Master's degree)
- School Administration (Master's degree)

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Hello ALL,

Can you please help me calculating my points?

MAIN APPLICANT:
NOC: 2173 Applied: Aug/2016 intake

Education= CSE 4 yrs (hons), ECA by WES 4years bachelor = 10 pts
Area of Training = Section A (CSE) 4 yrs(Hons) = 12 pts
Work experience = More than 07 years = 8 pts
Age = At the time of application 34.8 years = 16 pts
Language = (IELTS) 1+1+1+1 = 4 pts
(L=5, R=4.5, W=6, S=6)
SPOUSE:
Education = Bachelor in English (16 yrs) = 3 pts
Area of Training = Section E ( English Literature) = 0 pts
Age = 32 Years = 3 pts
Total = 57 pts

Query 1: I am expecting a baby in this September. Can I claim 4 points for my upcoming baby?

TIA

Mar 18, 2017
Hello, can anybody please help me calculating my points using the new points table for Quebec???

Education: B.Sc in Computer Information System
MBA in major MIS and OM
IELTS: 4 points
Job Experience: 28 months

Based on the above information, do I qualify or not please??? Can anybody help me out please???

TIA

dewmizan

Nov 10, 2014
arupengr said:
Hello ALL,

Can you please help me calculating my points?

MAIN APPLICANT:
NOC: 2173 Applied: Aug/2016 intake

Education= CSE 4 yrs (hons), ECA by WES 4years bachelor = 10 pts
Area of Training = Section A (CSE) 4 yrs(Hons) = 12 pts
Work experience = More than 07 years = 8 pts
Age = At the time of application 34.8 years = 16 pts
Language = (IELTS) 1+1+1+1 = 4 pts
(L=5, R=4.5, W=6, S=6)
SPOUSE:
Education = Bachelor in English (16 yrs) = 3 pts
Area of Training = Section E ( English Literature) = 0 pts
Age = 32 Years = 3 pts
Total = 57 pts

Query 1: I am expecting a baby in this September. Can I claim 4 points for my upcoming baby?

TIA

I know from a Canadian lawyer that you can claim 4 pts to add your baby but I didn't see it on MIDI website on the other hand if you remove your spouse as a single applicant you are eligible.

Jobi.joseph

Mar 18, 2017
Could you please tell how many points for spouse educatio and aot . He got 4year bachelor degree in hotel management and catering technology.He is a chef.