+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PoF - When spouse doesn't accompany, can I use her money too?

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Hi,

I had recently gotten a rejection of my visa application stating that my spouse had lived for more than 6 months in US (across a span of 7 years) and hence they had wanted a PCC from FBI which I was unaware of.

It was also stated that I could create another EE profile and submit a new application. So my question is this, if I choose to make it such a way that, I state that my spouse wouldn't accompany me, then would it be possible for me to show her account as well as PoF ?

This is because, I understand, whether or not my wife accompanies me, I should still get her PCC (India & FBI) and the money for PoF should include her as well. When CIC states that it is essential for her me show PoF irrespective of my spouse accompanying me, would it be the same for me to include her source of funds as well for PoF?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I had recently gotten a rejection of my visa application stating that my spouse had lived for more than 6 months in US (across a span of 7 years) and hence they had wanted a PCC from FBI which I was unaware of.

It was also stated that I could create another EE profile and submit a new application. So my question is this, if I choose to make it such a way that, I state that my spouse wouldn't accompany me, then would it be possible for me to show her account as well as PoF ?

This is because, I understand, whether or not my wife accompanies me, I should still get her PCC (India & FBI) and the money for PoF should include her as well. When CIC states that it is essential for her me show PoF irrespective of my spouse accompanying me, would it be the same for me to include her source of funds as well for PoF?
From the cic website:
"If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

I'm assuming it's a no.

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
From the cic website:
"If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

I'm assuming it's a no.
Thank you Hamgha. Yes, I looked at that too. In which case, I have another question. Let's say, I do state in my application that my wife would join me and my hopefully, if the visa gets through, would it be possible for me to land first and then have her land later? or more like if I would like to do a soft landing, is it even possible for me to do a softlanding for just myself ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you Hamgha. Yes, I looked at that too. In which case, I have another question. Let's say, I do state in my application that my wife would join me and my hopefully, if the visa gets through, would it be possible for me to land first and then have her land later? or more like if I would like to do a soft landing, is it even possible for me to do a softlanding for just myself ?
yes as long as the primary applicant lands first

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hmmm.. okay. Some respite I guess. Thank you so much for responding Hamgha.
keep in mind when deciding on your next step that sponsoring a non accompanying wife can take up to at least a year before she moves.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
sponsoring a non accompanying? yes. Check that section of the forum. Personally (not judging anyone who does so, everyone has their own situation) I can't imagine being separated for my spouse for a year just because they might "lower" my score
Dang... would that like take a year's time?

Reactions: crescent_jam

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
sponsoring a non accompanying? yes. Check that section of the forum. Personally (not judging anyone who does so, everyone has their own situation) I can't imagine being separated for my spouse for a year just because they might "lower" my score
Hmmm.. well.. that's sommin I gotta ponder over now. And yeah, I get it. Even I don't know how it would be for me to be separated for such a time. But it made me think about the struggles that they might potentially have to endure while things settle down. I mean, letting go of my job and finding a new one. New place to get accustomed to. My wife is someone who has always worked and now, to go there and not necessarily have a job to work at right away... Dang...

Anyways, the decision hasn't been made yet. It would make it all the more difficult for me, because we are having a baby too. I think I might have my bundle-of-joy stepping into my life by November. So yeah, I am thinking I may not want to make it all the more difficult for my wife and my baby too, by uprooting them from my home country and have them accustom to a new place.

lol.. You got me talking man..

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hmmm.. well.. that's sommin I gotta ponder over now. And yeah, I get it. Even I don't know how it would be for me to be separated for such a time. But it made me think about the struggles that they might potentially have to endure while things settle down. I mean, letting go of my job and finding a new one. New place to get accustomed to. My wife is someone who has always worked and now, to go there and not necessarily have a job to work at right away... Dang...

Anyways, the decision hasn't been made yet. It would make it all the more difficult for me, because we are having a baby too. I think I might have my bundle-of-joy stepping into my life by November. So yeah, I am thinking I may not want to make it all the more difficult for my wife and my baby too, by uprooting them from my home country and have them accustom to a new place.

lol.. You got me talking man..
hahahahaha no worries! Immigration is not just a few documents but a major life decisions that affects everyone. One has to consider all their life options :) It's uprooting vs living apart from your wife and baby. She can do some volunteering work as a start or a part time job to keep busy as well. Just don't underestimate the hardships of you being alone as well without a support system. When there's two of you, the possibilities of finding jobs doubles. She may after all find a job before you do as well. It's really something to think of carefully.
Most important thing now is to prepare for your newborn :)

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
hahahahaha no worries! Immigration is not just a few documents but a major life decisions that affects everyone. One has to consider all their life options :) It's uprooting vs living apart from your wife and baby. She can do some volunteering work as a start or a part time job to keep busy as well. Just don't underestimate the hardships of you being alone as well without a support system. When there's two of you, the possibilities of finding jobs doubles. She may after all find a job before you do as well. It's really something to think of carefully.
Most important thing now is to prepare for your newborn :)
Absolutely.. !! I am not gonna undermine her or her abilities to get a job. Neither would I undermine the struggles or the hardship I might face being alone, but the mere thought of putting em through what I might go through, makes me shudder. Also, my wife, am sure could be more talented to find a job before I do, but then, I am sure I may never be as good as handling her handling the baby. Phew!!! I think am talking a lot now.. hahahaha.. !!!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Absolutely.. !! I am not gonna undermine her or her abilities to get a job. Neither would I undermine the struggles or the hardship I might face being alone, but the mere thought of putting em through what I might go through, makes me shudder. Also, my wife, am sure could be more talented to find a job before I do, but then, I am sure I may never be as good as handling her handling the baby. Phew!!! I think am talking a lot now.. hahahaha.. !!!
Hahahahaa yes we're sort of in the same situation actually. We're planning on having a baby right after we get PPR and one of the things that my husband worries about is being the one to care for the baby if i land a job first. Don't worry you'll figure it out. It's a decision you'll have to discuss and decide with your wife who I like already! Strong women all the way! :)

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just get the US PCC. You can't avoid it forever, you will still need it for sponsorship or citizenship.