+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF through joint account with mother being the primary account holder

Sep 13, 2017
I have ITA & I have to show proof of funds for Canada express entry. I have a joint account with my mom having funds & she is primary account holder. Will this b acceptable? & If I transfer it into my personal acc then what documents I need to show?

Lyzandra01

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
I have ITA & I have to show proof of funds for Canada express entry. I have a joint account with my mom having funds & she is primary account holder. Will this b acceptable? & If I transfer it into my personal acc then what documents I need to show?
You need to get a letter from your bank stating how much funds you have and how much is it equal to in Canadian dollars as on that date. The letter has to be on the bank's letterhead with the website, email address of the contact person and a phone number that can be contacted.

Most banks will give this to you. You just need to submit an application to them. Bigger banks have their own format. If you have an account in a smaller bank, then give them the letter format.

Like eng.ahmadi said, the account has to be that of a single holder.

If you have any investments and have gone through an agent, ask them for a letter detailing how long you have been their client and what are your fund holdings as per the latest date. Also show an equivalent amount in Canadian dollars.

If you have a credit card, you will have to upload your latest statement.