Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have a CRS of 457 and I will be likely to get ITA in the next draw. I was in Canada till Feb, 2015. so I will be invited under CEC if the next draw is on Jan 25th.

Any idea if I need to show POF. Also, What should I put the amount I am bringing? Can it be just 12000 or any amount? I have a family of 3 including wife and kid. I would have needed $ 18617 if invited under FSW. Kindly advise.

Abul Aziz

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Hi Buddy,

You must should POF worth $18,617.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Regards,
Aziz

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Abul Aziz said:
Hi Buddy,

You must should POF worth $18,617.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Regards,
Aziz
You missed off a bit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Kryton.. So it doesn't matter how much I write in the "how much funds are you bringing to Canada". I had put $18617( for a family of 3) just to be on safer side.

Also, any idea if I am invited under CEC say in January, I can submit my e-Apr anytime within the 90 days and still will be considered as CEC.. technically I will be CEC only till February (I left Canada on March 1st)

They determine the category on the day of ITA, correct? Does it matter if that status changes in course of 90 days after the ITA. I will have to change to FSW effective March 1st if I don't get ITA.

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I found this,

The ITA invites the candidate to apply under a specific class (i.e., FSWC, FSTC, CEC or PNC). A candidate cannot apply under a class other than the one specified in their ITA, even when the candidate appears to be eligible for multiple classes.

So, it appears if I am invited under CEC.. I will be considered under CEC irrespective of my situation in the 90 days after ITA..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Almostther said:
And I found this,

The ITA invites the candidate to apply under a specific class (i.e., FSWC, FSTC, CEC or PNC). A candidate cannot apply under a class other than the one specified in their ITA, even when the candidate appears to be eligible for multiple classes.

So, it appears if I am invited under CEC.. I will be considered under CEC irrespective of my situation in the 90 days after ITA..
That's what it appears to say :D