+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF - request for detailed explanation

Aranaszek

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably that has been asked before, however I couldn't find the appropriate answer.

Quick description of the situation:
I have received ITA and I am planning to submmit my application in the incomming days. The problem is that the required amount will be met at the time of the submmition. Up until then I have only half of the money. The bank statement mentiones the final figure (which will be enough) and one additional thing: "average balane 2015" which currently is half of the required amount.

And the grand question:
How likely is it for CIC to explicitly ask for detailed account balance or any other explanation related to POF? Since the money will be from selling one of the cars I would sale contract be sufficient? On the other hand i would like to avoid it as the contract will be written in swedish and I'm it's not that easy to find a notary and sworn translator during holiday period.

Another thing is does the decent salary from the current job (also sweden) matter when it comes to POF?

Thanks for any input.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aranaszek said:
Probably that has been asked before, however I couldn't find the appropriate answer.

Quick description of the situation:
I have received ITA and I am planning to submmit my application in the incomming days. The problem is that the required amount will be met at the time of the submmition. Up until then I have only half of the money. The bank statement mentiones the final figure (which will be enough) and one additional thing: "average balane 2015" which currently is half of the required amount.

And the grand question:
How likely is it for CIC to explicitly ask for detailed account balance or any other explanation related to POF? Since the money will be from selling one of the cars I would sale contract be sufficient? On the other hand i would like to avoid it as the contract will be written in swedish and I'm it's not that easy to find a notary and sworn translator during holiday period.

Another thing is does the decent salary from the current job (also sweden) matter when it comes to POF?

Thanks for any input.
A Swedish salary won't help, as you will have to give up that job to come to Canada. You will have to explain the sudden appearance of the other half of the money, and so the sales contract for the car, showing that it was your car, you sold it, and deposited the same amount in the bank is exactly what you should attach to your financial statement. Of course, you will need to have it translated.

What CIC wants to see is that you have the required funds to come to Canada, and that they are truly yours, not money you will have to pay back. It doesn't matter that you got that money suddenly, so long as you can prove that it is yours - and the sales documents will prove that.

areva

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Dear forum members, I have a question about proof of funds. Can I evaluate my real estate and show that document as a POF?? Thanks in advance for answers.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
areva said:
Dear forum members, I have a question about proof of funds. Can I evaluate my real estate and show that document as a POF?? Thanks in advance for answers.
You can't use property evaluation as POF. You are definitely allowed to sell the property and showcase the proceeds as POF. You will also be required to submit the property sale documents to prove to CIC that the funds you are showcasing as POF aren't borrowed and are legitimately yours.

areva

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
You can't use property evaluation as POF. You are definitely allowed to sell the property and showcase the proceeds as POF. You will also be required to submit the property sale documents to prove to CIC that the funds you are showcasing as POF aren't borrowed and are legitimately yours.
Thanks for your answer Asivad Anac, really appreciate your response. If it is possible can you give some prediction about chances for ITA?? My score is 372.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
areva said:
Thanks for your answer Asivad Anac, really appreciate your response. If it is possible can you give some prediction about chances for ITA?? My score is 372.
I think it's extremely unlikely that ITA will drop below 400.

areva

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
scylla said:
I think it's extremely unlikely that ITA will drop below 400.
:( I sent my application for FSW 2014, but my package was returned due to cap reaching. Now I really hope to be in game for EE.