+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF Query

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
Hello,

I have a question regarding Proof of funds and required documents.

1. I'm opening a new bank account to open a Fixed Deposit to show as proof of funds. Do I need any other statement apart from Bank letter showing FD?? Obviously it wont be 6 months old, so I'm going get a gift deed and affidavit from my parents.

2. I have my Salary Account maintained in other bank which is active since long time. Do I need to take statement and bank letter for this as well ??

Please advice. Thanks in advance!!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

1. I'm opening a new bank account to open a Fixed Deposit to show as proof of funds. Do I need any other statement apart from Bank letter showing FD?? Obviously it wont be 6 months old, so I'm going get a gift deed and affidavit from my parents.

2. I have my Salary Account maintained in other bank which is active since long time. Do I need to take statement and bank letter for this as well ??

Better to provide POF documents for both FD and Salary account.
For Salary account, Bank statement is required.

Reactions: ifunkyk

CanDok

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-08-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Med's Done....
09-10-2018
The Bank statement should be on bank letterhead and stamped and signed.

CanDok

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-08-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Med's Done....
09-10-2018
It is definitely not mandatory especially if your POF is unrelated. What Mr Singh meant is that if the funds for FD or elsewhere come from this account it is advisable to declare the same.

Reactions: ifunkyk

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
It is definitely not mandatory especially if your POF is unrelated. What Mr Singh meant is that if the funds for FD or elsewhere come from this account it is advisable to declare the same.
Ah! got it. No, the funds would alone come from my Dad's account. I will mention it in Gift deed, Affidavit and LOE. In that case no need to involve Salary account and declare it I guess.

azim_aa

Nov 8, 2018
Hello,

Will you be showing only the FD certificate or a separate letter from the bank showing the new account's details and the FD under it?

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
Will you be showing only the FD certificate or a separate letter from the bank showing the new account's details and the FD under it?
A separate letter from bank with my new account details and FD details covered.

I enquired about this and bank representative said they will give a Comprehensive Balance Letter which will serve all the needs.

azim_aa

Nov 8, 2018
A separate letter from bank with my new account details and FD details covered.

I enquired about this and bank representative said they will give a Comprehensive Balance Letter which will serve all the needs.
Great. And would it not be an issue since it is not more than 6 months old?I'm assuming you will be submitting it in the next 2 months or so?

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
Great. And would it not be an issue since it is not more than 6 months old?I'm assuming you will be submitting it in the next 2 months or so?
No it wont be issue. As I'm showing evidence of Gift deed as source of funds.

azim_aa

Nov 8, 2018
No it wont be issue. As I'm showing evidence of Gift deed as source of funds.
Thanks for the response. Do you have a sample format of the gift deed? I think I will be in a similar situation and will need to have one made too.