+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF query

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
In two months time when I submit my eAPR, I can provide a letter from my bank indicating my balance to date as $16,500 and 6 month average as $12,250. Since I have a family of 2 I need around $15,200. To explain why my 6 month average is lower than current balance, I can also provide a letter from my university (my offer letter dating back to 2 years ago) indicating that I got about $16,500 in scholarship in the beginning of spring 2017 semester (January or February 2017). Do you think the bank letter and the university letter along with my explanation will be sufficient for CIC?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
They just want to know what is your 6 month average. you don't need to explain why it is lower than your current balance.
If your average balance is lower than current balance that means you have acquired some funds in last 6 months.

You may have to explain how you have acquired such fund in short time period.

Some people sell their property/gold/car and acquire funds after getting ITA. They just need a proof of that. They want to know that the amount of fund you have is yours and not anyone else. They just want to make sure that the funds are legally yours and you haven't borrowed it from any person to whom you may give it back after getting your PR in the future.

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
can_indian said:
They just want to know what is your 6 month average. you don't need to explain why it is lower than your current balance.
If your average balance is lower than current balance that means you have acquired some funds in last 6 months.

You may have to explain how you have acquired such fund in short this short time period.

Some people sell their property/gold/car and acquire funds after getting ITA. They just need a proof of that. They want to know that the amount of fund you have is yours and not anyone else. They just want to make sure that the funds are legally yours and you haven't borrowed it from any person to whom you may give it back after getting your PR in the future.
Thank you! Yes I see. I acquired $16,500 (before tax) this February as an installment of my scholarship. That is why I want to include a letter from my university (my offer letter dating back to 2 years ago) indicating that I got about $16,500 in scholarship in the beginning of spring 2017 semester (January or February 2017). My question is if this letter will be sufficient along with the bank letter?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Mat_M said:
Thank you! Yes I see. I acquired $16,500 (before tax) this February as an installment of my scholarship. That is why I want to include a letter from my university (my offer letter dating back to 2 years ago) indicating that I got about $16,500 in scholarship in the beginning of spring 2017 semester (January or February 2017). My question is if this letter will be sufficient along with the bank letter?
I believe it will be sufficient. Provide them with the phone number/address of the department/office (of the college/organization) which handles scholarships. So in case if they want to inquire more about it, they can call/visit them.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I wonder if my 6 month's average is lower than the sudden huge amount of money that my father gifts to me is alright if I have a gift deed from my father. Or lets say I sell my car, and have the requisite amount in my account at the 11th hour, but can prove that the money is mine, either by selling my car or by receiving it as a gift from my father? I hope that is going to be alright with the VISA officer?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
omarkhan said:
I wonder if my 6 month's average is lower than the sudden huge amount of money that my father gifts to me is alright if I have a gift deed from my father. Or lets say I sell my car, and have the requisite amount in my account at the 11th hour, but can prove that the money is mine, either by selling my car or by receiving it as a gift from my father? I hope that is going to be alright with the VISA officer?
Gift deed is the best way to go. If your father can gift you the needed amount, don't sell your car. Check out the below thread, It is very helpful.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
can_indian said:
Gift deed is the best way to go. If your father can gift you the needed amount, don't sell your car. Check out the below thread, It is very helpful.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sep-18-draw-17-itas-candidates-connect/-t349224.0.html
That sounds great! Deed it is then. Thanks a lot can_indian. :)

Mat_M

Mar 28, 2017
can_indian said:
I believe it will be sufficient. Provide them with the phone number/address of the department/office (of the college/organization) which handles scholarships. So in case if they want to inquire more about it, they can call/visit them.
This information is all included in the letter. Thank you!

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Mat_M said:
This information is all included in the letter. Thank you!
Than you are good to go.