+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF Joint account with mother

stickler

May 22, 2019
Hello,

Regarding POF for EE eAPR, I have a joint account with my mother with myself being the primary account holder. All my funds are in this account and I added my mothers name just for her convenience. What are my options to show these funds as mine. I have to submit POF in around a month. So cannot get the next months statement even with my mothers name removed. I appreciate the help and response.

Thanks

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello,

Regarding POF for EE eAPR, I have a joint account with my mother with myself being the primary account holder. All my funds are in this account and I added my mothers name just for her convenience. What are my options to show these funds as mine. I have to submit POF in around a month. So cannot get the next months statement even with my mothers name removed. I appreciate the help and response.

Thanks
seniors are of opinion that u can have a joint account only with your accompanying spouse. However if there is nothing much u could do then I would suggest have deed or something in which your mother testify that all the money belongs to you and she was using it for her convenience and won’t do it any more. Something like that.

I hope others can give u better advice

stickler

May 22, 2019
Thank you. Is it advisable to remove my mother's name and get a bank certificate which shows only my name. But the statements would have both names. Which is better, a gift deed or a letter stating she has no claim on the funds. Should the letter be notarized? Thanks