+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF from Pakistan

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,
I contacted my bank for a letter containing the following things that are mentioned on the CIC website:

"
Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
"

But the bank (HBL) declined that they have letters on a fixed format and they cannot provide a letter that includes the average balance from the last six months. They also do not have any letter that states that I do not have any loan or debt.

They can only provide a letter containing account numbers, date of opening and current balance. Can some one guide what to do in this case as that letter will not include debts or the average balance from the last six months?

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Hi,
I contacted my bank for a letter containing the following things that are mentioned on the CIC website:

"
Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
"

But the bank (HBL) declined that they have letters on a fixed format and they cannot provide a letter that includes the average balance from the last six months. They also do not have any letter that states that I do not have any loan or debt.

They can only provide a letter containing account numbers, date of opening and current balance. Can some one guide what to do in this case as that letter will not include debts or the average balance from the last six months?
No issue. Just ask them to provide you 6 month bank statement and get every page endorsed by the Branch Manager along with the Account Maintenance Certificate mentioning your current balance as well. They usually give that letter. If they refuse, then only 6 month bank statement will work as well. Just mention in LOE that the bank refused to provide the letter on their required format.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
No issue. Just ask them to provide you 6 month bank statement and get every page endorsed by the Branch Manager along with the Account Maintenance Certificate mentioning your current balance as well. They usually give that letter. If they refuse, then only 6 month bank statement will work as well. Just mention in LOE that the bank refused to provide the letter on their required format.
Thanks.

One more thing. I have three accounts with that bank (HBL). One of those accounts have the savings that I want to show and I plan to include that account's statement. Do I need to include bank statements for the other two accounts (one that has nothing much in it and another that I use to receive salary and spend)?

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Thanks.

One more thing. I have three accounts with that bank (HBL). One of those accounts have the savings that I want to show and I plan to include that account's statement. Do I need to include bank statements for the other two accounts (one that has nothing much in it and another that I use to receive salary and spend)?
There is no need for the other two.

Reactions: IslamabadUnited

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Hi guys,

Facing the same issue here and read the response above. Habib Metro has only issued me with a account maintenance letter showing the date of account opening, along with my name and address. The letter is printed on colored letter head, signed and stamped on my insistance (they don't stamp on color letterhead). The things which are missing are declaration of load and average balance.

I have also got a bank statement from them which is stamped by the bank.

My question is, do you know anyone who has faced issues in their application due to this ? Since it is a common issue in Pakistan so an LOE suffice for CIC ?

Regards,

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Hi guys,

Facing the same issue here and read the response above. Habib Metro has only issued me with a account maintenance letter showing the date of account opening, along with my name and address. The letter is printed on colored letter head, signed and stamped on my insistance (they don't stamp on color letterhead). The things which are missing are declaration of load and average balance.

I have also got a bank statement from them which is stamped by the bank.

My question is, do you know anyone who has faced issues in their application due to this ? Since it is a common issue in Pakistan so an LOE suffice for CIC ?

Regards,
I am not sure if any bank in Pakistan provides the letter as per IRCC's requirement, there may be some who do, but I haven't heard of any from my friends and acquaintances. As long as you have your endorsed 6 month statement and explain it in LOE, there won't be any issues. I haven't heard of anyone's case rejected because of it.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
guys i have an issue.. i am going to show gift deed as PoF but in a newly opened bank account..due to this i wont be able to show 6 months avg balance.. will that be a problem? please help

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
guys i have an issue.. i am going to show gift deed as PoF but in a newly opened bank account..due to this i wont be able to show 6 months avg balance.. will that be a problem? please help
I don't think that's a problem in your case. Because you'll be able to show the origin of the large sudden deposit through gift deed.