+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF for study permit

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Dear all,

I got LOA for September 2022 intake. How long should I maintain the POF for study permit? I plan to apply in May. Do I have to show the minimum POF (CAD 10,000) from the last 4 months? My current condition is that I will build up the amount per month (from my regular income and selling some assets) that when I apply for study permit in May, I will have the total amount needed for POF. Will this acceptable? By the way, per CIC website, processing time from my country is 11 weeks.

All replies are appreciated. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,

I got LOA for September 2022 intake. How long should I maintain the POF for study permit? I plan to apply in May. Do I have to show the minimum POF (CAD 10,000) from the last 4 months? My current condition is that I will build up the amount per month (from my regular income and selling some assets) that when I apply for study permit in May, I will have the total amount needed for POF. Will this acceptable? By the way, per CIC website, processing time from my country is 11 weeks.

All replies are appreciated. Thanks!
If applying in May then you show POF for the months January to April. 10,000 is the minimum so assume you have paid first year tuition and are showing POF more than the minimum. If you are applying with dependants, you show more. Processing for all countries averages 11 weeks but most people wait much longer.

Reactions: Vicksy

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
If applying in May then you show POF for the months January to April. 10,000 is the minimum so assume you have paid first year tuition and are showing POF more than the minimum. If you are applying with dependants, you show more. Processing for all countries averages 11 weeks but most people wait much longer.
Hi @Naturgrl can I dm you? I need a second opinion regarding POF. Thanks.