+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PoF Fixed Deposit Query Please advise

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I’ve got AoR on December 28 and for proof of funds, I’ve submitted letter from bank stating my term deposit accounts(FDs) alongwith scans of my FD documents. The amount of FDs is way more than required. The maturity date of all my FDs is August 2020, which is clear from the scans of my FD leaves.

But the problem is that the bank letter does not say that funds are readily available to me. I requested the bank officials to write that, but they refused saying that FDs can be liquidated anytime and it is understood itself.

But from today onwards, I am having the disturbing thought that IRCC may have doubts regarding the liquidity of my funds. Can my application be rejected due to this?

Was it important for the bank letter to say that funds are readily available or is it really self understood that FDs can be liquidated anytime (which really can be liquidated anytime)?

Please help......
It’s really urgent.

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Fixed Deposits are considered liquid, unless stated otherwise on Fixed Deposit Advice.

There is no requirement to specifically mention the ready availability on bank letter.

Proof of funds
Purpose
To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Fixed Deposits are considered liquid, unless stated otherwise on Fixed Deposit Advice.

There is no requirement to specifically mention the ready availability on bank letter.
So I think I will be fine.:)
Thanks dear.

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
So I think I will be fine.:)
Thanks dear.
Hi,

Did you face any issues with your bank letter not having the mention of ready availability of FD? I am facing the same issue?
Should I send one right now or just wait for an ADR?
Aor feb 13

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi,

Did you face any issues with your bank letter not having the mention of ready availability of FD? I am facing the same issue?
Should I send one right now or just wait for an ADR?
Aor feb 13

I had shown only FD s as POF & my bank didn’t issue the letter with the statement readily available.
AOR- 1st april 2019
PPR- 23rd Aug 2019

So don’t worry!

Reactions: CaCal

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
I had shown only FD s as POF & my bank didn’t issue the letter with the statement readily available.
AOR- 1st april 2019
PPR- 23rd Aug 2019

So don’t worry!
Thank you so much for your reply. I also don’t have anywhere written I have no loans or debts attached to it. That’s fine too?

Reactions: Salz_yahoo
Jul 18, 2019
AOR- 1st april 2019
PPR- 23rd Aug 2019

So don’t worry!
Hello, do you think there might be issues if my bank letter doesnt indicate the maturity date and initial deposit for my pof. As this seems to be my case and its been difficult to get a rewrite. Thanks