POF - Bank Letter plus PF statement

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
hello friends,

Here is my situation

60% of the required funds are in bank with gift deed as source of funds. My bank will provide me the letter required per cic guidelines

The remaining 40% is in EPF. I am trying to get the pf certificate and letter signed by my PF office.

Here are the questions:

1. How do I present the combined total to the VO in my application? Do I do that by writing an LOE stating the balance in each (bank and EPF) and add them up and say “the sum of the above is xxx (equivalent to CAD$xxxx)?
  2. Alternatively, can I withdraw the pf amount in my account without the signed Epf letter etc and then attach post-withdrawal Epf statement as proof of source of funds? Will that work? If yes, what documents will serve as proof that the funds belonged to me?
  3. Alternatively, can I withdraw the pf amount in my account and give it to my parents and get a gift deed from then in return? Will that work?
  4. If number 3 is a viable option, this would mean that now 100% of my funds are received as gift from my parents. Will that be an issue for VO or for my application?
Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
hello friends,

Here is my situation

60% of the required funds are in bank with gift deed as source of funds. My bank will provide me the letter required per cic guidelines

The remaining 40% is in EPF. I am trying to get the pf certificate and letter signed by my PF office.

Here are the questions:

1. How do I present the combined total to the VO in my application? Do I do that by writing an LOE stating the balance in each (bank and EPF) and add them up and say “the sum of the above is xxx (equivalent to CAD$xxxx)?
  2. Alternatively, can I withdraw the pf amount in my account without the signed Epf letter etc and then attach post-withdrawal Epf statement as proof of source of funds? Will that work? If yes, what documents will serve as proof that the funds belonged to me?
  3. Alternatively, can I withdraw the pf amount in my account and give it to my parents and get a gift deed from then in return? Will that work?
  4. If number 3 is a viable option, this would mean that now 100% of my funds are received as gift from my parents. Will that be an issue for VO or for my application?
Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.
The POF document should ensure that. So, get a Bank Certificate followed by GIFT deed with bank statement and get EPF certificate from PF office.

If you are withdrawing your PF, the PF office will directly transfer funds to your Adhar linked account. So, no need to provide any document for that. However, you can add PF withdrawal form/document proving that its your money.

Reactions: mrangwala

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Hello friends,

Are there any people here who have successfully gotten pr using signed pf certificate and statement from pf office? Or is there any other document that must be provided to claim pf funds as proof of funds besides pf certificate and statement from pf office. Kindly advise.

ash17

May 30, 2016
Hello friends,

Are there any people here who have successfully gotten pr using signed pf certificate and statement from pf office? Or is there any other document that must be provided to claim pf funds as proof of funds besides pf certificate and statement from pf office. Kindly advise.
We have given a PF balance certificate which was issued by EPF office along with printed statements which again we received from EPF office.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
We have given a PF balance certificate which was issued by EPF office along with printed statements which again we received from EPF office.
Thank you for your reply. Have you received pr? I am also in the process of getting the balance certificate and printed statements, but my intention is to confirm that those two documents are enough evidence to claim them in pof. Do you know anyone who has successfully received pr with those two documents for PF?

thando

Nov 1, 2017
I did. Attached the pension statement from the pension fund. However, l made sure that the statement specified when l was eligible to receive the funds. In my case after withdrawal from the pension fund, the money would be paid out in cash. Remember what the VO needs assurance on is how quickly (or not) the funds go liquid.

Hello friends,

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
I did. Attached the pension statement from the pension fund. However, l made sure that the statement specified when l was eligible to receive the funds. In my case after withdrawal from the pension fund, the money would be paid out in cash. Remember what the VO needs assurance on is how quickly (or not) the funds go liquid.
Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I realised my question wasn’t clear. I meant to ask about employee provident fund (Epf), if anyone has been successful in getting pr with signed Epf balance certificate and signed statements both from Epf office as that what majority have been doing. Yet it will boost our confidence if they confirm that both letters got them through and are accepted without a doubt for pof requirement.

Giving you a +1 as many people with pension fund question will find your advice quite helpful.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Guys one help needed. When we submit the proof of funds. I had bank certificate which does not mention the account opening date but all other details but i did provided the bank statement with a stamp on it .along-with it.The bank statement has the open Date .So is it ok or it is a ln issue