+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF: 90% amount as gift deed from parents

gzing

Dec 6, 2016
Hey everyone,

I am yet to enter Express entry pool, I have 441 points and I after reading through all the threads here, I feel that I might get an ITA soon.
But I am afraid about Proof of Funds rule, as my situation is something like this:

I took an advance pay of 4 months from my employer to help me buy a house here in India, so my bank account is almost stagnant without my paychecks coming in. I just have $500 in my account at the moment and $500 as an FD. My family would be more than happy to help me with rest of the money with a gift deed for the rest of the amount which is ~ $11000

As I said, I am yet to enter the pool, would it be wise to hold up the enrollment now and enter at a later stage? or should I go ahead and try getting an ITA with the current situation?

Let me know if you have any other advice as well.

Thanks
Gzing

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
gzing said:
Hey everyone,

I am yet to enter Express entry pool, I have 441 points and I after reading through all the threads here, I feel that I might get an ITA soon.
But I am afraid about Proof of Funds rule, as my situation is something like this:

I took an advance pay of 4 months from my employer to help me buy a house here in India, so my bank account is almost stagnant without my paychecks coming in. I just have $500 in my account at the moment and $500 as an FD. My family would be more than happy to help me with rest of the money with a gift deed for the rest of the amount which is ~ $11000

As I said, I am yet to enter the pool, would it be wise to hold up the enrollment now and enter at a later stage? or should I go ahead and try getting an ITA with the current situation?

Let me know if you have any other advice as well.

Thanks
Gzing
Firstly, Get as soon as possible in the pool, scores are dropping, no one knows whether this chance comes again or not. If you have any worries later you have 90 days to file your application after ITA, and in case of any other problem you can always decline the ITA.
Even if you deposit your funds today or within a month, and you can properly provide with the gift deed, you are good to go, there will be no issue at all.
You should not have any other financial liabilities (i.e loans or credit bills due) and your funds also should not be from a loan.

gzing

Dec 6, 2016
got it @gurik.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will go forward and do as you mentioned. :+1: