19 March 2016
rohitsinp23 said:
Hi guys
Someone told me that cic require funds should be under applicant name only
Is it right.
1- can i show account of spouse also for funds
2- can i show joint account with spouse for funds
Pls clarify with this
Please refer to post # 2 of this thread on page 1. Funds need to be under Principal Applicant Name.

VSG

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
affan and Asivad, not trying to mislead anyone. I had searched this forum and many people had claimed that PF was considered. PF basically in India, is payable when you quit your job. So i cannot put a date to it right now because I dont know when i will get a PR. But obviously for moving to Canada, I will quit my job and the funds will be be transferred to my bank account as cash and totally unencumbered.

PF is basically a monthly deduction from salary which is invested on your behalf and you get a fixed return on it. Fixed return means the repayment is guaranteed.

anyways, these guys are more knowledgeable plus its better to not take any chances if possible. I am standing at 456, in case PF is not acceptable, then I wouldnt be able to satisfy my fund requirements as well. so just hoping they do accept it.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipulgoyal88 said:
affan and Asivad, not trying to mislead anyone. I had searched this forum and many people had claimed that PF was considered. PF basically in India, is payable when you quit your job. So i cannot put a date to it right now because I dont know when i will get a PR. But obviously for moving to Canada, I will quit my job and the funds will be be transferred to my bank account as cash and totally unencumbered.

PF is basically a monthly deduction from salary which is invested on your behalf and you get a fixed return on it. Fixed return means the repayment is guaranteed.
Fair point. CIC explicitly asks for funds in the bank though and these don't appear in the bank.

Canada Dreams

Jul 24, 2015
Dear friends I checked with my bank managers the best they give me is balance as on date in certificate and not 6 monthly average balance.. should I give last 6 month balance statements of bank accounts along with putstanding/ balance certificate given by bank manager. .. kindly advise asap...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada Dreams said:
Dear friends I checked with my bank managers the best they give me is balance as on date in certificate and not 6 monthly average balance.. should I give last 6 month balance statements of bank accounts along with putstanding/ balance certificate given by bank manager. .. kindly advise asap...
That's the only option you're left with.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
does shares count as a POF i have 10k funds in shares ...

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
asivad, the reason i thought PF might be acceptable is because CIC says bank and investment accounts, right? PF is essentially an investment account with a fixed rate of return payable when you quit the job. Cant it be considered an investment account?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada Dreams said:
Do I need to mention this in LOE that my bank doesn't give me this 6 monthly avg balance..
Not mandatory but it won't hurt your chances either.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipulgoyal88 said:
asivad, the reason i thought PF might be acceptable is because CIC says bank and investment accounts, right? PF is essentially an investment account with a fixed rate of return payable when you quit the job. Cant it be considered an investment account?
Unlikely. CIC explicitly asks for a bank statement and that probably indicates that the investment account are related to bank FDs rather than anything outside the banking system.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
does shares count as a POF i have 10k funds in shares ...
No. But if you sell them and get the money into your bank account, you can showcase those funds along with evidence of security sales.

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
vipulgoyal88 said:
By investment account, CIC means those deposits wherein you can provide an exact date of maturity (like FD, mutual funds etc), for EPF we cannot do that till we leave our jobs for which we cannot put a date right now. Well, this is my understanding. If there is a process to get a signed declaration from PF authorities that a certain amount is payable to you on closure of account, then maybe it can be of help but not sure. Personally, I am not gonna take that risk.

Hope this clears some doubts.

VSG