+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE Letter of Introduction (ICT)

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
Hi All,
My passport is currently with VFS New York for stamping and I plan to fly into Toronto from NY in the coming weeks. The CIC website mentions a port of entry letter of introduction as a required document. Is this the same as the confirmation letter from IRCC that states that "a decision has been made on your application and we require your passport..."? If not, has anyone traveled recently without a separate POE Letter of Introduction?

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Following this, I also need to know this. I also plan to travel to Canada with the confirmation letter which comes along with Visa Stamping. Also my spouse will travel on Open Work Permit and my kid with Visitor Visa. Will it be okay to travel ?

Any recent experiences will be appreciated if shared !!

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
Following this, I also need to know this. I also plan to travel to Canada with the confirmation letter which comes along with Visa Stamping. Also my spouse will travel on Open Work Permit and my kid with Visitor Visa. Will it be okay to travel ?

I should've included it in my original post but I'm in the same situation with my spouse on OWP and a kid on visitor visa as well

Reactions: Rkcad2021

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
Here's what I was able to find out
- The POE letter of introduction contains the formal approval for the work permit and the validity period of the work permit
- The POE letter is usually uploaded to the portal on the day or a day after the visa is stamped. Might be worth following up through a webform if it does not get uploaded in time
- Spouse on OWP will get a separate POE letter
- Confirmation letter from IRCC is not a substitute for the POE letter

Reactions: Biriyan

Biriyan

Oct 7, 2020
- The POE letter of introduction contains the formal approval for the work permit and the validity period of the work permit
- The POE letter is usually uploaded to the portal on the day or a day after the visa is stamped. Might be worth following up through a webform if it does not get uploaded in time
Thanks for the update. This is helpful.

bismi

Aug 10, 2020
My WP visa is not yet stamped, but I did receive a WP approval letter starting with the following contents. It also includes the duration of the WP. Is this the POE letter?

"Your application to work in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing you to work will be
issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada
Border Services Agency, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. The officer will ask to see this letter, your
passport and may request to see your supporting documents. Do not pack these or other
valuable papers in your checked luggage. You can find out more about which documents you will
need to bring with you by visiting www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/arriving.asp"

Jan 7, 2021
My WP visa is not yet stamped, but I did receive a WP approval letter starting with the following contents. It also includes the duration of the WP. Is this the POE letter?

"Your application to work in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing you to work will be
issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada
Border Services Agency, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. The officer will ask to see this letter, your
passport and may request to see your supporting documents. Do not pack these or other
valuable papers in your checked luggage. You can find out more about which documents you will
need to bring with you by visiting www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/arriving.asp"
Hi, please can you tell me how long it take to receive your WP approval letter? I applied in November 2020 after getting my offer of employment letter and I'm to resume work on the 8 of February 2021. I've not done my medical nor biometric.

bismi

Aug 10, 2020
Hi, please can you tell me how long it take to receive your WP approval letter? I applied in November 2020 after getting my offer of employment letter and I'm to resume work on the 8 of February 2021. I've not done my medical nor biometric.
- Applied from USA
- WP Application: Sep 18th
- Biometrics: Already had valid biometrics
- Approval Letter (POE): Dec 4th

Reactions: bimboajavon973

mgar

Jan 13, 2021
Hi All,
My passport is currently with VFS New York for stamping and I plan to fly into Toronto from NY in the coming weeks. The CIC website mentions a port of entry letter of introduction as a required document. Is this the same as the confirmation letter from IRCC that states that "a decision has been made on your application and we require your passport..."? If not, has anyone traveled recently without a separate POE Letter of Introduction?
Hello. Did you get the POE? my family and I traveling after two days. All of us get our permits approved and Visas stamped. We all got the POE except one of my sons. I don't know why? I am worry about facing problems at the airport

mgar

Jan 13, 2021

What happened with you? could you share please? I face the same problem and I my flights after two days

mgar

Jan 13, 2021
Can you share your experience?
Yes Amir. The POE is not necessary. It only helps them to find the information from the computer faster and many people come without it and it is OK. That what the officer in Vancouver told me. My wife and kids arrived the next day through Montreal airport. My son did not receive his POE. The officer did not even ask for the POE. He only take the passport and give him his study permit. So, don't worry.

Reactions: trinitypausch

Amri22

Feb 7, 2021
Yes Amir. The POE is not necessary. It only helps them to find the information from the computer faster and many people come without it and it is OK. That what the officer in Vancouver told me. My wife and kids arrived the next day through Montreal airport. My son did not receive his POE. The officer did not even ask for the POE. He only take the passport and give him his study permit. So, don't worry.
Ohh
Ohh thanks for info. Actually I am suppose to travel 2 days later. In their site its explicitly mentioned its must required document. So, I am bit scared. Apart from this there are so many different opinions on this question over this site.

Amri22

Feb 7, 2021
Hey,
I still got mixed review. It's just not about POE. In my vic portal. Status is showing under processing. Was that same for your kid? Please can you response ASAP. I have to decide in next 2 hours.