+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE Experience

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
Hey guys! I arrived to Toronto on Sunday and I'd like to share my experience. When we landed and going through Immigration Services, I went by the Visitors line (it was pretty empty) and the woman was really nice and simply asked me what I was going to study, where and how long was the program, she then sent me to the Immigration Offices, I didn't have to wait at all since there was nobody there. The officer asked me the following questions:
- Where are you going to study?
- Who's picking you up?
- Where are you going to live?
- Who's paying for your university? (I didn't have to show him any proof of financial funds)
And he wished me good luck and told me that in July I can call a certain number (he wrote it in my passport) and apply for a work permit.
The Visa Officer was really intimidating but he was really sweet and helpful.

*** About Centennial College:
I went there yesterday, there were A LOT of people waiting at the international centre, but the registration girls (At least the ones from Latin America, you get assign to people who are from your region or speak your language) were amazingly nice, they were super attentive, they geniunely seemed to care about me and how my flight was and they made my registration flow really smoothly.