+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP

deeepraveen

Apr 14, 2016
Hello all,

I will be creating a express entry profile pretty soon, I am also considering applying for PNP for possible provinces, Can I ask what is the restrictions if I get nominated?

1. Should I live and work only in that province throughout? How does it work?
2. After submitting my express entry profile how should I go about requesting for PNP? is there a process for each province?
3. Can I submit multiple PNP? what if I get nominated for more than 1 PNP?

Thanks much in advance

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
deeepraveen said:
Hello all,

I will be creating a express entry profile pretty soon, I am also considering applying for PNP for possible provinces, Can I ask what is the restrictions if I get nominated?

2. After submitting my express entry profile how should I go about requesting for PNP? is there a process for each province?

Thanks much in advance

Hi.
All the very best with this process. It can be long, but remember to stay focused, and you'll get through at the end! :)
To answer your questions:

1. This is one of the questions that comes up the most on this forum- are you legally bound to stay in the province that nominated you, and only that province, if you get Permanent Residency?
The answer to this question is no, you are not. Once you are a permanent resident, you are protected by the Constitution of Canada, which gives you the right to mobility- that is, you can travel to, and live, anywhere in the country that you wish to, without restrictions.
However, keep the following in mind:

 You have a moral obligation to try and live in the province that nominated you, and to try and make it work, for at least 6-12 months. What this means is, once you go to Canada, you should spend some time trying to settle down in the province that nominated you. Try to find a house, try to get a job. If, after a period of 6 or more months, you still have been unsuccessful in your attempts to settle, you have given your good faith effort at attempting to reside in that province (which is what you declared in your letter of intent that you would do), and you can move to another province where your prospects are better;

 On that note, you need to demonstrate at least an attempt to reside in the province that nominated you. While once you land in Canada, you have all the rights and privileges of a permanent resident, do remember that they do not apply to you until you have officially 'landed-' i.e. until you have crossed the border checks. If at the border check, the officers determine that you have no intent to go to the province that nominated you (maybe by checking your itinerary, which shows them that your ultimate destination is not the province that nominated you, or that you are only stopping there for a few days before going to some other province), they may refuse you entry.

The long and short of it, then? The letter is not legally binding, but it places a moral obligation upon you to try and reside in the province that nominated you. That moral obligation can and may be enforced prior to your entry into Canada. So the best thing to do is to make an honest and concerted effort at settling in the province that nominated you- if it does not work out, then you can move freely to any other part of Canada without any worries.

2. There are separate processes for each province. In general, most PNPs seem to be tailored towards those international immigrants who are already in the province and have been working there for a while; others have specific employment requests. The three most popular ones appear to be Ontario (temporarily suspended while they clear their backlog), Saskatchewan, and Prince Edward Island.

With that said, I recommend that you check this page to learn more about individual PNPs, and how to go about them: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/

3. You may apply to more than one- if you receive a nomination from one, you should inform all other provinces where you have an application being processed that you would like to withdraw your application. If you end up getting two or more nominations at once, you can only select one.

I hope those answers were helpful!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
deeepraveen said:
Hello all,

Thanks much in advance
1. PR gives 0 conditions, however, some recommend to stay for at least 2 years in nominated province.
2. You need to apply for most PNPs, expection is OINP, which would invite you, if you have 400+ points and you selected Ontario.
3. Certain provinces punishes you for applying for more than 1, but not all.

Reactions: KabirMoho

KabirMoho

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
1. PR gives 0 conditions, however, some recommend to stay for at least 2 years in nominated province.
2. You need to apply for most PNPs, expection is OINP, which would invite you, if you have 400+ points and you selected Ontario.
3. Certain provinces punishes you for applying for more than 1, but not all.
Specifically Which provinces?

jca1981

Dec 8, 2017
Dear All;

I am hoping that by posting, I can get some help regarding my current situation.

My details are:

AOR: 14th August 2017
BC PNP - CEC
Current employer provided support in me gaining PNP (which in turn gave me 600 additional thus triggered a ITA). My current work permit is attached to my current employer.
All documentation including ADR have been submitted to CIC. Current status is as follows (and has been since end of October 2017):

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

• Over the past week I have been offered another job with another employer in the same province (Same NOC) which would increase my wage considerably.
  • My question to the group is - Is there a way of taking this potential new role w/o it effecting my PR application process? Is it a simple process and How do I go about this if so?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.