09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
can anyone please answer my question???
It is definitely part of background check... depending on the officer handling your case, it could be part of the security check.

Reactions: nav586

I.M.

Dec 28, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
11-01-2018
Hey guys. Did anyone change the employer during the pr process. I'm inland paper based pnp employer restricted applicant and I just so stressed working for this employer...I know the best way is to wait, but if anyone....How's that worked for you?
You definitely can change jobs, but there are restrictions.
I had a friend who changed jobs with a closed pnp. He had a valid reason (injust treatment) and pnp program gave him 90 days to find a new sponsor with the same NOC. He is now happily working for his new employer and didn't waiting for his pr.

Ask your local pnp office for advice on the matter!

Reactions: Vadym4747

cartoonnetwork

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Does anyone know how do you land in Saskatchewan, directly? Like, would it be okay if you have an onward flight ticket to Saskatchewan from Toronto or Vancouver?

Saw someone's post stating their PR was cancelled because they landed someplace else. Sounds like a silly question but I'd still please like your opinions.

Jocker01

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Abingdon UK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12/02/2018
AOR Received.
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
29/05/2019
Med's Done....
21/05/2019
Passport Req..
16/07/2019
he
Does anyone know how do you land in Saskatchewan, directly? Like, would it be okay if you have an onward flight ticket to Saskatchewan from Toronto or Vancouver?

Saw someone's post stating their PR was canceled because they landed someplace else. It sounds like a silly question but I'd still please like your opinions.
That can't be true! That must be another reason why they canceled this person PR. There are no direct flights for some places from the EU. I'm planning to land in YYZ, activate PR and stay a few days in Toronto with my family so I can show my kids CN tower, aquarium, etc. They will need to return back to the UK to get everything sorted back here and I will continue my journey to MB, find a job and place to stay; they will join me later. As PR you can live anywhere in CA, obviously, it is preferable to stay in the province which's nominated you.

cartoonnetwork

Star Member
May 27, 2019
he
That can't be true! That must be another reason why they canceled this person PR. There are no direct flights for some places from the EU. I'm planning to land in YYZ, activate PR and stay a few days in Toronto with my family so I can show my kids CN tower, aquarium, etc. They will need to return back to the UK to get everything sorted back here and I will continue my journey to MB, find a job and place to stay; they will join me later. As PR you can live anywhere in CA, obviously, it is preferable to stay in the province which's nominated you.
I'm so paranoid about something going wrong that I've decided to get all dumb questions out here.

Jun 11, 2019
Golden, BC

Saw someone's post stating their PR was cancelled because they landed someplace else. Sounds like a silly question but I'd still please like your opinions.
The problem for that particular brain genius was that they declared, to the immigration officer, on landing, that they didn't intend to live in the province that nominated them, but rather in another (the one they were landing in). As for why that's a problem, your PNP nomination probably came with some conditions attached, one of which will be along the lines of 'Applicant must continue to demonstrate ability and intent to economically establish in [province]'. It's kind of impressive, really, actively managing to wreck everything at the very last possible moment.

So long as you're not so blisteringly dim as to declare out loud that your provincial nomination is just a worthless piece of paper to you in the immigration hall at Pearson, you'll be fine. From the officer's perspective having tickets for onward travel will make it more of an open and shut thing but, hell, I'm sure people have just rented a car and driven before. As long as you're comfortable explaining what you're doing, just tell'em.

cartoonnetwork

Star Member
May 27, 2019
The problem for that particular brain genius was that they declared, to the immigration officer, on landing, that they didn't intend to live in the province that nominated them, but rather in another (the one they were landing in). As for why that's a problem, your PNP nomination probably came with some conditions attached, one of which will be along the lines of 'Applicant must continue to demonstrate ability and intent to economically establish in [province]'. It's kind of impressive, really, actively managing to wreck everything at the very last possible moment.

So long as you're not so blisteringly dim as to declare out loud that your provincial nomination is just a worthless piece of paper to you in the immigration hall at Pearson, you'll be fine. From the officer's perspective having tickets for onward travel will make it more of an open and shut thing but, hell, I'm sure people have just rented a car and driven before. As long as you're comfortable explaining what you're doing, just tell'em.
Beautifully said. I honestly think the immigration officer himself/herself must have felt kinda bad about just doing their job.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018

how can PR be cancelled? if it s granted it is so. maybe he didn't get a PR status before landing?

I.M.

Dec 28, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
11-01-2018
Unfortunately she didn't and has to leave Canada. I hope she finds another way to be with her family soon.

I believe copr is confirmed PR or something similar.