Jul 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
28-09-2019
do anyone know what would they be checking in security check? I hope none of us have to wait for too long for our golden email :)
Security assessment is examining risks of espionage, terrorism, and subversion; human or international rights violations; and organized crime. The security check is firstly carried out by visa officers based on the information and documentation submitted by the applicant. If it looks fine, then they pass the security check.

But If they think that an applicant requires a more detailed investigation, the applicant’s file is referred to partners for security screening. The security screening is jointly carried out by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

In short, if an applicant is not caught by security screening, it usually takes 10-20 business days. However, if the security screening is required, it would take tons of time cuz different organizations are involved and the communication between them is not that efficient. It would take a few months or a year. CIC can't control the process and can't figure out how long it would take. All can do is just waiting.

I really hope not being selected for security screening.

Reactions: liliyom

m@nty

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Prince Edward Island
Category........
PNP
Security assessment is examining risks of espionage, terrorism, and subversion; human or international rights violations; and organized crime. The security check is firstly carried out by visa officers based on the information and documentation submitted by the applicant. If it looks fine, then they pass the security check.

But If they think that an applicant requires a more detailed investigation, the applicant’s file is referred to partners for security screening. The security screening is jointly carried out by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

In short, if an applicant is not caught by security screening, it usually takes 10-20 business days. However, if the security screening is required, it would take tons of time cuz different organizations are involved and the communication between them is not that efficient. It would take a few months or a year. CIC can't control the process and can't figure out how long it would take. All can do is just waiting.

I really hope not being selected for security screening.
thank you for the info and i hope everything goes smooth for all of us

Reactions: howardj

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
whenever i called them they told me it's not started or we can't tell you about security because it's not in our hand but my background check shows :"we are processing your backgorund check. we will send you message if we need more information".
Hey, how many times did you call? :D

syedanadia

Aug 7, 2019
Hi guys m new here.. and bit worried as i applied for PR on July 12,2018 Get Aor Aug23,2018 Medical on 6May2019, Medical Passed 23 may,2019 after that m still waiting i called CIC and they said that i didn't even passed eligibility and every thing is in process. on other hand my freinds applied on same dated got medical on same dates and they got their PPr one month before so i don't knw what should i do??? any suggestion or any idea? today i applied for GCMS notes as well

Beauma

Jul 19, 2019
Hi guys m new here.. and bit worried as i applied for PR on July 12,2018 Get Aor Aug23,2018 Medical on 6May2019, Medical Passed 23 may,2019 after that m still waiting i called CIC and they said that i didn't even passed eligibility and every thing is in process. on other hand my freinds applied on same dated got medical on same dates and they got their PPr one month before so i don't knw what should i do??? any suggestion or any idea? today i applied for GCMS notes as well
It means you have not received pre arrival letter, right?

Beauma

Jul 19, 2019
Hi, Bro, your country of residence and VO please.