+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Dear Friends,

I wish your guidance... that

I have applied in SINP and after invitation my file is in process at IRCC I did biometric also...

Now my online application status showing around 10 months to compete and my IELTS validity is end in October 2021....
Do i need to give IELTS again or not?
No .. u have to do so many home work regarding the ircc operation and how they work … I have read many forums … stories etc … your question about lock date read about this …..

jointhecommunity

Jan 15, 2020
looks like people don't get any updates recently.... mid vacation crisis at ircc?
I got PAL July 9
request ADR July 9
uploaded ADR on July 15th
2xGU on July 15 and 16
.... since than.. nada

inland - 2 inland dependents

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Dear Friends,

I wish your guidance... that

I have applied in SINP and after invitation my file is in process at IRCC I did biometric also...

Now my online application status showing around 10 months to compete and my IELTS validity is end in October 2021....
Do i need to give IELTS again or not?
No you don't. They will still be valid

aigerimuz

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hey All
I got my PAL on 30 July
Right now I got an offer from another company. So application process almost finished and under the Federal office.is it still an issue if I will change a company, but into the same position?

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Hey All
I got my PAL on 30 July
Right now I got an offer from another company. So application process almost finished and under the Federal office.is it still an issue if I will change a company, but into the same position?
If you have employer restrictions on your work permit - you must keep working for that same employer who nominated you until you get CoPR.

On the other hand, if a company has offered you a position, they may have to keep that offer open to you until you either formally decline it or receive PR. Employers cannot discriminate based on your immigration status.

Reactions: aigerimuz

aigerimuz

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
If you have employer restrictions on your work permit - you must keep working for that same employer who nominated you until you get CoPR.

On the other hand, if a company has offered you a position, they may have to keep that offer open to you until you either formally decline it or receive PR. Employers cannot discriminate based on your immigration status.
thanks for the reply.

My Work Permit is open and I can work for any company-
I was curious because my current have done SINP
Thanks for the advice
have a great week

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hey All
I got my PAL on 30 July
Congratulations. It may not be an issue but I think its important to contact the PNP office of your province and ask them. IRCC has introduced less stringent immigration requirements this year, it will be only fair if the PNP programs are made more flexible. In my case I am a BCPNP, I lost my job last year and with Covid it was impossible to find a job especially in NOC OAB. I explained my frustration to BCPNP and they allowed me to find a full time job in any NOC, that includes C and D as well. I eventually got hired in a NOC C occupation but on a part time basis, and when I advised BCPNP they advised me to continue trying to find a full time job. It was only this month August that I started a new full time job, that pays really well but its still in NOC C and is on contract. My PR process will already have been completed long before the expiry of the contract.
I will contact BCPNP and update them on my situation, trusting they will understand.
My understanding is the correct protocol is to advise the PNP office of any changes regarding employment and they will in turn notify IRCC.

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations. It may not be an issue but I think its important to contact the PNP office of your province and ask them. IRCC has introduced less stringent immigration requirements this year, it will be only fair if the PNP programs are made more flexible. In my case I am a BCPNP, I lost my job last year and with Covid it was impossible to find a job especially in NOC OAB. I explained my frustration to BCPNP and they allowed me to find a full time job in any NOC, that includes C and D as well. I eventually got hired in a NOC C occupation but on a part time basis, and when I advised BCPNP they advised me to continue trying to find a full time job. It was only this month August that I started a new full time job, that pays really well but its still in NOC C and is on contract. My PR process will already have been completed long before the expiry of the contract.
I will contact BCPNP and update them on my situation, trusting they will understand.
My understanding is the correct protocol is to advise the PNP office of any changes regarding employment and they will in turn notify IRCC.
Hi, i have a similar situation. Can I ask you a question?
If I understood correctly you lost the job last year so it's been half a year before this new job. In the meantime your PR application has been stopped or IRCC continued to process it?

Because I'm near the end of my PR process but in the next weeks probably I'll leave my job. So I'm trying to understand what happen because if the process continues obviously I'll get the PR before finding the new job so I don't have to hurry up, if they stop the application is different because obviously I actively have to try to find the new job as soon as I can.

So your case is perfect, because you spent 6 months between a job and the other one and would be interesting to know if your PR application was stopped or not during those 6 months.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
If I understood correctly you lost the job last year so it's been half a year before this new job. In the meantime your PR application has been stopped or IRCC continued to process it?

Because I'm near the end of my PR process but in the next weeks probably I'll leave my job. So I'm trying to understand what happen because if the process continues obviously I'll get the PR before finding the new job so I don't have to hurry up, if they stop the application is different because obviously I actively have to try to find the new job as soon as I can.

So your case is perfect, because you spent 6 months between a job and the other one and would be interesting to know if your PR application was stopped or not during those 6 months.
It was only after I lost my job in FEB 2020 that BCPNP informed me that the PR process still continues even after one has lost their job. To confirm that, I once called IRCC and the agent informed me that if a Nomination is not employer restricted, then it isnt an issue. However, if the Nomination is employer restricted and an applicant loses their job with cause (due to a fault of their own), then that affects the PR. According to the agent, IRCC contacts employers of applicants with employer restricted nominations, who lost their jobs. The last time I communicated with BCPNP was in January, I have not given them any updates, neither have they contacted me. But I still feel its my responsibility to keep them in the loop of my current situation.

tonglijian

Apr 11, 2020

Things may not be that simple. In another group, there is a bcpnp case where a phone call from ircc was received, and the client and the employer had a three-party call to inquire about the work status and the client was approved the day after. I am also bcpnp, and aor is February 5th. In May, I received a verification call from bcpnp at the work place to inquire about the work status, and sent an email to upload the salary slips and work photos for the past three months.

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Things may not be that simple. In another group, there is a bcpnp case where a phone call from ircc was received, and the client and the employer had a three-party call to inquire about the work status and the client was approved the day after. I am also bcpnp, and aor is February 5th. In May, I received a verification call from bcpnp at the work place to inquire about the work status, and sent an email to upload the salary slips and work photos for the past three months.
Yes, but my point is not what happens if you are still working there. It's what happens if you are not working there anymore and you called BCPNP.

In basically any case I heard about, even with employer restriction, they at least leave you a couple of months to find another job. So my question is what happen in those months.
If they stop the application until you find something or not.

And from the experience of the user here apparently not. If you called BCPNP and they know that you are not working there anymore and you are looking for another job, there's nothing to check or control. This is what I'm trying to understand.

I'm saying this because my case is particular. I opened a small company 1 year ago and in theory I don't need to work at my "day job" anymore. I'm there only for the nomination. Now is becoming a problem because the company is growing and I literally don't have time to do both. We are 3 associate so we don't have employees (so it doesn't count as a "job" in theory) but is pretty ridiculous that I have to say no to a big client because my application is in process forever and the rule is that I can't leave the other company.

Last edited:

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
But if I understand you well, what you have shared is pre-nomination where BCPNP does its due diligence to ensure that there is no mis-presentation. I am aware of that. However, post-nomination is different, nominees are allowed to change jobs as long as they notify BCPNP and so long as the new employer fills and signs in the necessary forms confirming that they are supporting the applicant in the PR process, that the job is indeterminate and full time.
But I would like to imagine that BCPNP is going to be more understanding citing the various PR programs that have been released. However, I cant emphasize enough, communication with the authorities is very important.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Yes, but my point is not what happens if you are still working there. It's what happens if you are not working there anymore and you called BCPNP.

In basically any case I heard about, even with employer restriction, they at least leave you a couple of months to find another job. So my question is what happen in those months.
If they stop the application until you find something or not.

And from the experience of the user here apparently not. If you called BCPNP and they know that you are not working there anymore and you are looking for another job, there's nothing to check or control. This is what I'm trying to understand.

I'm saying this because my case is particular. I opened a small company 1 year ago and in theory I don't need to work at my "day job" anymore. I'm there only for the nomination. Now is becoming a problem because the company is growing and I literally don't have time to do both. We are 3 associate so we don't have employees (so it doesn't count as a "job" in theory) but is pretty ridiculous that I have to say no to a big client because my application is in process forever and the rule is that I can't leave the other company.
That's a difficult question to answer but based on what BCPNP and IRCC informed me, the PR process still continues as the applicant searches for another job. However, if the nomination is employer restricted and the applicant is terminated with cause, IRCC conducts its investigation which affects the PR process. On the contrary, if the applicant was terminated without cause, the PR process continues. Also take note this was last year and with the Pandemic, there was a level of flexibility from both authorities. Back to what I said earlier, communication. You just may never know what their reaction will be. When I contacted BCPNP to explain my situation, they were surprisingly very understanding.
I get your question, what happens in that window between unemployment/self employment and completion of the PR process. How about shooting BCPNP an email with a hypothetical question, on what happens if an applicant voluntarily leaves their job due to ????

Last edited: