+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June - Aug 2020 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and progress of Application

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hopeful,

Please, I am confused with the IRRC Abbreviations and acronyms. I will appreciate it if you give the full meaning of each and step by step on when to expect which since you have passed this stage and experience the same.
Let me try to explain to you with my limited understanding ;)

- PAL stands for Invitation of Pre-arrival service. This letter shows up on GCKey as a message. It is usually an indicator that you've passed the eligibility assessment. Some people received it before medical request, but somehow IRCC seemed to change their procedure recently. In my case, they sent me medical request first and I received PAL after medical passed.
- DM stands for decision made. It only shows up on ECAS client status portal. Your status will change from IN PROCESS to DM.
- GU stands for ghost update. It's something you see on GCKey before you click into your application. You will see Application update instead of "Submitted", but when you go into the application detail you see no new message.
-CoPR stands for Confirmation of PR. It's a letter or email coming after DM. At this moment it means your application has been approved. Next step will be PR card.

Anything else?

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
Let me try to explain to you with my limited understanding ;)

- PAL stands for Invitation of Pre-arrival service. This letter shows up on GCKey as a message. It is usually an indicator that you've passed the eligibility assessment. Some people received it before medical request, but somehow IRCC seemed to change their procedure recently. In my case, they sent me medical request first and I received PAL after medical passed.
- DM stands for decision made. It only shows up on ECAS client status portal. Your status will change from IN PROCESS to DM.
- GU stands for ghost update. It's something you see on GCKey before you click into your application. You will see Application update instead of "Submitted", but when you go into the application detail you see no new message.
-CoPR stands for Confirmation of PR. It's a letter or email coming after DM. At this moment it means your application has been approved. Next step will be PR card.

Anything else?
Glory thank you for this information shared, I do appreciate the time spent explaining.

So this is the expectation:

1) AR: Acknowledgement Receipt - When the application is received at the IRCC office
2) AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt - When IRCC acknowledge receipt of application
3) PAL: Pre-arrival service - This letter shows up on GCKey as a message. It indicates that you've passed the eligibility assessment. Some people received it before medical request, while some receive it after medical passed due to IRCC switch in changing their procedure.
4) MR: Medical Examination Request
5) MD: Medical Examination Done
6) MP: Medical Examination Pass
7) DM: Decision Made - It only shows up on ECAS client status portal. Your status will change from IN PROCESS to DM
8) GU: Ghost Update - It's something seen on GCKey before you click into your application. You will see Application update instead of "Submitted", but when you go into the application detail you see no new message
9) COPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence - It's a letter or email coming after DM. At this point, the application has been approved. The next step will be the PR card.
10) Congratulations

Please is the process above accurate, and at what point do applicant's pass the criminal check?

freon

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Ugh...Am still waiting for my COPR. It's been 2 weeks since DM. Am wondering if the ADR on the 30th of March messed up my timeline. My AR was June 8th 2020 and I already saw a lot of people receiving their COPRs whose ARs were later than mine.

Anyone else from NB here?

freon

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Glory thank you for this information shared, I do appreciate the time spent explaining.

So this is the expectation:

1) AR: Acknowledgement Receipt - When the application is received at the IRCC office
2) AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt - When IRCC acknowledge receipt of application
3) PAL: Pre-arrival service - This letter shows up on GCKey as a message. It indicates that you've passed the eligibility assessment. Some people received it before medical request, while some receive it after medical passed due to IRCC switch in changing their procedure.
4) MR: Medical Examination Request
5) MD: Medical Examination Done
6) MP: Medical Examination Pass
7) DM: Decision Made - It only shows up on ECAS client status portal. Your status will change from IN PROCESS to DM
8) GU: Ghost Update - It's something seen on GCKey before you click into your application. You will see Application update instead of "Submitted", but when you go into the application detail you see no new message
9) COPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence - It's a letter or email coming after DM. At this point, the application has been approved. The next step will be the PR card.
10) Congratulations

Please is the process above accurate, and at what point do applicant's pass the criminal check?
Criminality is part of the background check. It could happen before or after PAL.

I saw in another thread that the reason AOR takes a long time is that they also do a background check before they send the AOR. I am unsure of that, though.

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
Ugh...Am still waiting for my COPR. It's been 2 weeks since DM. Am wondering if the ADR on the 30th of March messed up my timeline. My AR was June 8th 2020 and I already saw a lot of people receiving their COPRs whose ARs were later than mine.

Anyone else from NB here?
I am from NB as well

Reactions: freon

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Criminality is part of the background check. It could happen before or after PAL.

I saw in another thread that the reason AOR takes a long time is that they also do a background check before they send the AOR. I am unsure of that, though.
Yes u r right my criminality was passed right after 2 days of my AOR receipt so its obvious that they did background check before issuing AOR