+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - April May June July 2019 Applicant —— Let’s share timeline and contact here!!!

jeffery noma

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Thanks for your reply. are u under a employer specific permit or open permit? And how about the restriction on your nomination letter?
I would say once they requested that means they are finalizing the decision, so they double check your job. I am not sure whether the two month lay off will affect me or not. God bless me.

Reactions: manku_patel

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
So many people lost their jobs who work in food sector because of covid19. So they just want to see if you still working or not. Dont worry hopefully in few days you will get Copr
Hi Manpreeet, have you heard anything about these "job letter" requests and if we have lost our nominated job because of COVID, does that mean IRCC will then refuse our APR?

Reactions: manku_patel

jeffery noma

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi Manpreeet, have you heard anything about these "job letter" requests and if we have lost our nominated job because of COVID, does that mean IRCC will then refuse our APR?
when i got temporarily laid off during covid 19, I ask the province officer, she said if is temporary, it is ok when u can go back. If you could not go back, find a job ASAP. And she said if the company went bankrupt, the province will also help me out as it is not my fault, they will help me to find a job.

Reactions: mamong

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
when i got temporarily laid off during covid 19, I ask the province officer, she said if is temporary, it is ok when u can go back. If you could not go back, find a job ASAP. And she said if the company went bankrupt, the province will also help me out as it is not my fault, they will help me to find a job.
Unfortunately for my case, after the lay-off, my employer even terminated me (without cause - basically several departments were terminated), even though I'm on a closed work permit. I've been trying to look for work but without an open work permit, it's been harder.

Thanks for the support Manpreeet!

But I guess you folks haven't heard of folks who have lost their job still get their COPR during this time, have you? I haven't read anything like that yet so far on the forums. =/

jeffery noma

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Unfortunately for my case, after the lay-off, my employer even terminated me (without cause - basically several departments were terminated), even though I'm on a closed work permit. I've been trying to look for work but without an open work permit, it's been harder.

Thanks for the support Manpreeet!

But I guess you folks haven't heard of folks who have lost their job still get their COPR during this time, have you? I haven't read anything like that yet so far on the forums. =/
Q
I got temporarily laid of for two months, I totally under your situation. I recommend you go outside and find a job (which is better than staying at home). You will get it. Keep trying! Don’t loose your heart.

• Love

Richie4real

Aug 13, 2020
I think your pr application will only be delayed and not refused. If possible i will advise you try to get another job