Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
MH_35 said:
Generally, you don't need US visa for flag polling (they give you a refusal letter,...).

But the problem is that, I have a single entry US visa, but I need it when I need to go to US (end of Feb. and my contract starts March 1st) for my research study in US.

No one knows what's gonna happen when I am in the border. The US officers may stamp my visa, and then I have to go to US instead of coming back to Canada for landing. If I do so, I cannot land.

I am really stuck.
You are still not stating what the issue is. You have copr and you can land anytime. You can go for stamping for US anytime if you have relevant documents from the company/institution.

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
MH_35 said:
Generally, you don't need US visa for flag polling (they give you a refusal letter,...).

But the problem is that, I have a single entry US visa, but I need it when I need to go to US (end of Feb. and my contract starts March 1st) for my research study in US.

No one knows what's gonna happen when I am in the border. The US officers may stamp my visa, and then I have to go to US instead of coming back to Canada for landing. If I do so, I cannot land.

I am really stuck.
They wont let u in if you dont want to..u need only a refusal letter,they will give it right away...just tell them u r going back for pr...it has nothing to do with ur US visa..entry to the States is another procedure...the will do general inquiry and criminality check at the border...

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Btw guys, just out of curiosity, did you guys mailed the smaller version of Xpresspost return envelope inside the Xpresspost package ? Or did we had to fold the same size envelope ??

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
Dean007 said:
Btw guys, just out of curiosity, did you guys mailed the smaller version of Xpresspost return envelope inside the Xpresspost package ? Or did we had to fold the same size envelope ??
[/quoteIt doesn't matter ..itsss your choice
I placed smaller express envelop inside
I even asked at post office about it
She said it doesn't matter depending on your use
If the passport can b placed easily into smaller envelop ..if it performs the same function then y to waste money :-

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
akhan13 said:
Dean007 said:
[/quoteIt doesn't matter ..itsss your choice
I placed smaller express envelop inside
I even asked at post office about it
She said it doesn't matter depending on your use
If the passport can b placed easily into smaller envelop ..if it performs the same function then y to waste money :-
Well there was no instructions about the size of the envelope in PPR email, So I did what Canada post suggested. Thanks for the reply.

MH_35

Nov 14, 2013
harirajmohan said:
You are still not stating what the issue is. You have copr and you can land anytime. You can go for stamping for US anytime if you have relevant documents from the company/institution.
My point is that, I cannot loss my US visa because of PR landing. I need that visa for my travel to US at the end of Feb.

MH_35

Nov 14, 2013
Dean007 said:
I got a large size envelop for all docs, and a small size for return.

They used the small envelop for sending back the passports,..

MH_35

Nov 14, 2013
Jiss said:
They wont let u in if you dont want to..u need only a refusal letter,they will give it right away...just tell them u r going back for pr...it has nothing to do with ur US visa..entry to the States is another procedure...the will do general inquiry and criminality check at the border...

I am a bit nerves because both PR and the travel are very important for me. I don't want loss one for the other.

Do you know if anyone had the same situation?

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
justanordinaryguy said:
Although I had a US Visa, you do not need it. My wife does not have a visa, and she was able to do the process in exactly the same way. The only document I had to provide other than the COPR, Passport and the letter CIC sends is a proof of address. So, something like a drivers license will do. They didn't ask me for any proof of funds.

I too went to Rainbow bridge for my landing. However, I had to wait for more than 3 and a half hours. I've heard that Lewiston is quicker. So, that might be worth considering.
Thank you for sharing that experience.

I just received my COPR in the mail today, I'll be landing in the next several weeks. I have some final business to wrap up here in the US and I'll be Canada bound permanently! :)

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Bincanada said:
Thank you for sharing that experience.

I just received my COPR in the mail today, I'll be landing in the next several weeks. I have some final business to wrap up here in the US and I'll be Canada bound permanently! :)
Congratulations BinCanada, Welcome to the other side.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
justanordinaryguy said:
Although I had a US Visa, you do not need it. My wife does not have a visa, and she was able to do the process in exactly the same way. The only document I had to provide other than the COPR, Passport and the letter CIC sends is a proof of address. So, something like a drivers license will do. They didn't ask me for any proof of funds.

I too went to Rainbow bridge for my landing. However, I had to wait for more than 3 and a half hours. I've heard that Lewiston is quicker. So, that might be worth considering.
Congratulations buddy.

Do you know if the dependent can do the landing seperately than the primary applicant or do they have to do it together?

Cheers.

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
I don't know if this is true, but I lived in upstate New York and crossed the border frequently. I always heard the Peace Bridge at downtown Buffalo has the largest immigration team with the fastest processing queues. This is word of mouth, so I can't vouch for validity, but I did encounter fewer delays at Peace Bridge than the others.

Shandaggy

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6th 2014
Doc's Request.
June 25th 2015
AOR Received.
10th February 2015
Med's Request
February 11th 2015
Med's Done....
February 20th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR January 27th 2015
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone that has got DM received COPR without out PPR request?
I got DM on January 18th nothing since......

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hi all,

I am about to be Permanent Residence of Canada. Right now I am on work permit. And I have some tuition credit from my few years study as an international student. I know my SIN will be changed when I apply for new at Service Canada after crossing border. My old '9' one SIN and new SIN will be linked together.

Can anyone please tell me that my tuition credits will be carried forward or not after BECOMING PR?