14-05-2015
Interview........
RPRF requested on June 24, 2015 - Paid June 25, 2015
Passport Req..
06-01-2016
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I am a Ontario PNP applicant under the Masters Graduate scheme. I applied to CIC for PR (as an inland applicant) and my application got to CIC on November 12, 2014. I got my AOR on April 13, 2015 and got my medical request on April 21 which I completed on May 14. I got a request to pay my RPRF on June 24 which I paid on June 25.

However, when I filed my application, I did not give my PCC as I thought it would take time to obtain. So, since it was an optional document at the time of application, I filed my application thinking I will provide it when they ask for it. However, I am quite confused by the fact that they asked me for the RPRP but they have not yet asked me for the PCC. Can someone please help me understand what stage I am at in my application and what are the likely next steps? When are CIC likely to request the PCC?

Thanks a lot.

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
justanordinaryguy said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I am a Ontario PNP applicant under the Masters Graduate scheme. I applied to CIC for PR (as an inland applicant) and my application got to CIC on November 12, 2014. I got my AOR on April 13, 2015 and got my medical request on April 21 which I completed on May 14. I got a request to pay my RPRF on June 24 which I paid on June 25.

However, when I filed my application, I did not give my PCC as I thought it would take time to obtain. So, since it was an optional document at the time of application, I filed my application thinking I will provide it when they ask for it. However, I am quite confused by the fact that they asked me for the RPRP but they have not yet asked me for the PCC. Can someone please help me understand what stage I am at in my application and what are the likely next steps? When are CIC likely to request the PCC?

Thanks a lot.
RPRF is asked when they are moving ahead with process. Next step is your background verification either PCC/RCMP. In my case lawyer asked me to submit along with the application itself. Since background/criminal check is must , will suggest they either have ur PCC handy.

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Just out of curiosity, How many November applicants have received their landing fee request ?? Actually my consultant have given his email address on CIC application and he is sometimes a lazy ass, I doubt if he has missed the email. I will appreciate if November applicants please update their timeline..thanks.

justanordinaryguy

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
RPRF requested on June 24, 2015 - Paid June 25, 2015
Passport Req..
06-01-2016
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
NewtoPR said:
RPRF is asked when they are moving ahead with process. Next step is your background verification either PCC/RCMP. In my case lawyer asked me to submit along with the application itself. Since background/criminal check is must , will suggest they either have ur PCC handy.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that they ask for the RPRF after the application has been processed which is what had me confused - See this link for example http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

I've had my PCC sitting with me since December and have been waiting to submit it when they ask for it - they just haven't as yet - and that's what has thrown me off by not asking me for the PCC - which I knew would have to be submitted - and asking me instead for the RPRF.

Any thoughts?

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
Hey,

Dont be misguided

RPRF is asked after the police clearance,,,yes.
If they have not asked you, it may b they wont ask for it...(in case they have not forgotten it)

You said, police clearance is with you from December
You cannot send a police certificate older than 3 months

once you receive the email, you ll see it..it shouldnt b more than 3 months old otherwise you have to get a new one as it is valid for 6 months only

pardeep1328

Jul 17, 2014
VANCOUVER
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR file 18 nov 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF UPFRONT
Nomination.....
BC PNP APPROVED 19TH AUG 2014
AOR Received.
15-April-2015
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
22-April-2015
Med's Done....
22-April-2015
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
5 OCT 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in BC
Any update for NOvember applicant...i paid my RPRF upfront... but not yet updated on ECAS.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
While reviewing my Schedule A Background Information form I found out that in section 8, my information on 4 month of my spouse are missing in the last 10 years. So I decided to resend the updated Schedule A form for my spouse ONLY. I have a few quick questions.
1. Do I have to re-submit my Schedule A as well?
2. The only thing that has changed in the main application is my Work Permit expiry date. As I applied for work permit extension after submitting the application and therefore my original application includes the March 24, 2015 expiry date and not the new one. Do I need to submit the application with new information on it? If I do not (just being lazy) would that cause any delay?
3. Can anyone from Edmonton guide me on how to obtain PCC and where to get fingerprints done at the lowest cost?

echebergajo

Mar 9, 2015
NewtoPR said:
I am more or less in the same situation than justanordinaryguy, when you say have the pcc handy, could you (or someone) advice how long it takes to obtain it????

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
akhan13 said:
Hey,

Dont be misguided

RPRF is asked after the police clearance,,,yes.
If they have not asked you, it may b they wont ask for it...(in case they have not forgotten it)

You said, police clearance is with you from December
You cannot send a police certificate older than 3 months

once you receive the email, you ll see it..it shouldnt b more than 3 months old otherwise you have to get a new one as it is valid for 6 months only
Sorry to be direct and I'm sure you're of good intentions BUT no where as per CIC is there a rule that says you cannot send PCC that's older than 3 months. The rule is ...it must be issued no more than 6 months before you apply. Here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

In my case, I submitted my docs in October. I didn't get my PCC till NOv 22nd (over a month). I got AOR march 2015 (see timeline). I emailed CIC in march to inquire about where to send my PCC (not sure if it was Sydney of Ottawa). I was advised to follow instructions and wait to be asked. I was finally asked on July 2nd for PCC along with RPRF. No issues so far.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
tenkrun10 said:
Sorry to be direct and I'm sure you're of good intentions BUT no where as per CIC is there a rule that says you cannot send PCC that's older than 3 months. The rule is ...it must be issued no more than 6 months before you apply. Here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

In my case, I submitted my docs in October. I didn't get my PCC till NOv 22nd (over a month). I got AOR march 2015 (see timeline). I emailed CIC in march to inquire about where to send my PCC (not sure if it was Sydney of Ottawa). I was advised to follow instructions and wait to be asked. I was finally asked on July 2nd for PCC along with RPRF. No issues so far.
Hey, when i saY it- i mean it!
Read this "The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada"
and where ...here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp
Open the link and read "Police Certificate section, paragraph 3
I am sorry to be direct TOO:)

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
akhan13 said:
Hey, when i saY it- i mean it!
Read this "The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada"
and where ...here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp
Open the link and read "Police Certificate section, paragraph 3
I am sorry to be direct TOO:)
This gives an opportunity to clarify and give the inquirer the clearest and most recent info. A few things

1) The link you showed is the recent update. Updated June 23rd 2015 (3 weeks ago), the date of the last revision is seen if you scroll all the way down on your link. The paragraph in your last statement is therefore what holds now

2) CIC will assess your PCC based on the rules in play at the time your application was submitted NOT when the specific doc is being requested

3) This is the important part - "PCC cannot be more than 3 months old" in your initial comment is different from "must be issued no more than 3 months prior to submitting your application". Very different. - For example, I submitted my app Oct, got my PCC November. I was finally asked for the PCC in JUly. The PCC is 8 months Old, It was still accepted. The reason is in the rule you copied ...the key being....it is from the date the application was submitted. That's the reference point. So the gentleman / woman stating the PCC has been in since december reminded me of my own situation - i submitted, no issues.

Whatever the case, your follow up at least affords the forum the latest info on the latest issue date validity of PCC

varun5990

Apr 3, 2015
justanordinaryguy said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot.
they will ask for your pcc once application is in process

CanSask

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
Nomination.....
29-08-2014 SINP
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
25-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
Medicals were done on June 25 and ecase updated with "Medical Received"

How long does it take for PPR?

J.S

Jul 13, 2015
Hi,

New to this Discussion:

I applied under Master Degree Program PNP, Ontario

1. PR Application Received by CIC: 08-Nov-2014
2. AOR: 10-April-2015
3. IELTS Request: not required
4. Med's Request: 12-April-2015
5. Med's Done....: 18-April-2015
6. Medical Received by CIC: 30-April-2015
7. Medical updated as received on ECAS: 15-May-2015

8. Request for Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints : 24-May-2015 : (PCC from India and Canada Local PCC from local police was already sent with App. Package in Nov-2014)

9. Police Clearance from Local Police as well as Finger Print from RCMP received by CIC : 15-June-2014

10. I have got request for RPRF, SCHEDULE-A, POLICE CERTIFICATE and COPY OF PASSPORT from CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia on 02-July-2015:
I have already submitted on they requested in accordance or requested as per above steps 1 to 9. And I have paid RPRF fee in advance with the Application Package:

11. Today: My status in ECAS shows: 1. Application recd on 08-Nov-2015
2. Medical received

Passport Req..: Waiting
VISA ISSUED...: waiting
LANDED..........: already in Ontario

------------------------------------------------
Q1: Is there anyone with IP status.
Q2: Did anyone got any email reply from CIC after they recd PCC: as a confirmation of receiving the PCC at their end: as in my case i have only signature receiving copy from Canada post?
Q3 Did anyone get feedback from CIC after calling to their Call Centre, what actually the July-2 Mail? Is it for RPRF request in a new way?