+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - January - February 2017 Applicants>>>Lets Connect here

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Guys, don't get confused: YOUR SECURITY WILL ALWAYS SAY NOT STARTED.
The only way to understand if it has started is to look at the file location: if it says PS, that means it's undergoing security check.
Now, if your security check is taking more than 6 months, I would request GCMS notes from CBSA and CSIS to see if your application was selected for the extended security screening.
Hello Lileka, I want to first commend you on how you always take out time to respond to people's query. I have been on the look out for your PPR since you posted the ghost update thing 2 weeks ago. I believe you're closer than you think.

Kindly let me know how I check for my file location, as I am clueless on how to do that.... Thanks in advance for your help.

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Hello Lileka, I want to first commend you on how you always take out time to respond to people's query. I have been on the look out for your PPR since you posted the ghost update thing 2 weeks ago. I believe you're closer than you think.

Kindly let me know how I check for my file location, as I am clueless on how to do that.... Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank you for your kind words!
You can check your file location in the GCMS notes. The current location is usually stated on the second page of the notes and the history of the locations can be found on the last pages, after "Activities" section of the notes.

Reactions: jessica900

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Thank you for your kind words!
You can check your file location in the GCMS notes. The current location is usually stated on the second page of the notes and the history of the locations can be found on the last pages, after "Activities" section of the notes.
They are true words. I have not met you, but I feel like I know you.
Ok. I have not requested for GCMS notes.

I also have a few more questions please:
Hello, I'm wondering
1. If I am able to apply for EE while I have an active PR application under PNP in progress. I tried to create a profile and it said you have an application in progress.
2. Can I apply or work permit for my spouse while waiting for my PR application to be approved, I have just passed the medicals in June, but I can't wait the whole 19 months before having my spouse over. I know the requirements for work permit for spouse is having a full time NOC B job (30hrs). I currently have a NOC C job (40hrs) and a NOC B job (20hrs). I'm in a dilemma. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks in advance.

jessica900

Jul 5, 2017
Ontario
Category........
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
OINP
AOR Received.
25-03-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018/ 12-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
WAITING!

sidhu7200

Apr 20, 2017
1. upfront should be fine
2. no need to take ielts, because your results get "locked in" at the time of your application
3. not sure about that, I don't know much about POF for your type of PNP.
Just wondering what do you think about this?
The email that I received from CIC say for most of documents as "if not yet submitted" but medical doesn't say "if not yet submitted" it says " required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals" (which we got for her) and also says " We require proof of completion of a newImmigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package." And they underlined "new" in that message due to which I am confused.

What do you think

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Just wondering what do you think about this?
The email that I received from CIC say for most of documents as "if not yet submitted" but medical doesn't say "if not yet submitted" it says " required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals" (which we got for her) and also says " We require proof of completion of a newImmigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package." And they underlined "new" in that message due to which I am confused.

What do you think
sorry, that I don't really know much about. maybe call them?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Guys, don't get confused: YOUR SECURITY WILL ALWAYS SAY NOT STARTED.
The only way to understand if it has started is to look at the file location: if it says PS
, that means it's undergoing security check.
Now, if your security check is taking more than 6 months, I would request GCMS notes from CBSA and CSIS to see if your application was selected for the extended security screening.
Hi there, is the highlighted comment only true for PNP applicants, or does this apply for EE applicant as well ?
I am a CEC - Inland applicant, and as per the feedback from IRCC agents I am in BGC since 26 May 2018. My AoR is 6 Apr 2018.

How do I figure the File Location on the GCMS notes ?
Appreicate if you can check my notes and comment as well ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237#post-7081004

some members say that I may be under SS, other are not so sure....

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Hi there, is the highlighted comment only true for PNP applicants, or does this apply for EE applicant as well ?
I am a CEC - Inland applicant, and as per the feedback from IRCC agents I am in BGC since 26 May 2018. My AoR is 6 Apr 2018.

How do I figure the File Location on the GCMS notes ?
Appreicate if you can check my notes and comment as well ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-237#post-7081004

some members say that I may be under SS, other are not so sure....
It applies to paper-based only I think.
Why do you think you are under SS?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
It applies to paper-based only I think.
Why do you think you are under SS?
BGC is going on since more than 2 months...and forum members have said since Activity 1-3 are blank with the 4 one showing Security it may be in Security Screening. I also understand from the forum that these days security screening(the word itself) is redacted from the GCMS notes.

So not sure if it is or if its not under SS

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
BGC is going on since more than 2 months...and forum members have said since Activity 1-3 are blank with the 4 one showing Security it may be in Security Screening. I also understand from the forum that these days security screening(the word itself) is redacted from the GCMS notes.

So not sure if it is or if its not under SS
You can order CBSA and CSIS notes, they show if you are under SS.