Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Yes, I sent email to sgvo & webform mail to CIC, they reply me same always; the reply is " - file is in queue for review by a VO & it is pending". after completion of review, they will contact or ask further if needed. Quite generalized reply.

I ordered gcms note in last May, did not find any interview schedule / site visit etc.
Right now, no life line remains to use; I used all - MP / webforms/ sgvo mail/ gcms note ;

Do you have any life time to use?
We are in the same position. My GCMS notes didn’t tell me anything much. I did all those thing. I recently emailed the Toronto visa office along with the Caribbean office too. Because I applied in Canada just to see if they can help.

Now all I do is keep in touch with the MP and he sets a timer and calls the immigration MP line once every 2 months. That’s the most I can do. Right now I’m in background check so they told him they don’t have any timeframe and all we can do is wait. But she knows when they update the account- so now they just put a note that’s it’s still ongoing. However, he says if they don’t touch the account for 4 months he can ask for ‘some higher head/supervisor (I can’t remember the name) to check on it’.

So what I’m basically saying is that we’ve done all we can, but we can still contact the MP in the time being. Atleast he’ll get info we might not get.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are in the same position. My GCMS notes didn’t tell me anything much. I did all those thing. I recently emailed the Toronto visa office along with the Caribbean office too. Because I applied in Canada just to see if they can help.

Now all I do is keep in touch with the MP and he sets a timer and calls the immigration MP line once every 2 months. That’s the most I can do. Right now I’m in background check so they told him they don’t have any timeframe and all we can do is wait. But she knows when they update the account- so now they just put a note that’s it’s still ongoing. However, he says if they don’t touch the account for 4 months he can ask for ‘some higher head/supervisor (I can’t remember the name) to check on it’.

So what I’m basically saying is that we’ve done all we can, but we can still contact the MP in the time being. Atleast he’ll get info we might not get.

Well, as you live in Canada, so you have more access than me, When you first contact your MP? from which month your MP sets that timer to check after every 2 months? is your MP from Liberal party?

I did same like you, but as I am outland, my MP did not give much support like you, but gave general information about my file, He told me that he has spoken with IRCC, and he just asked me to contact him for update after every 3 months. And I also keep sending email to IRCC by webform.

I could remember that MP gave specific support to another applicant like me, who also crossed 22 months, MP told the applicant that if they don't complete processing file in next 3 months, applicant should contact MP, but IRCC gave applicant PPR in next 2 months. So MP can do if he wants, but question is whether MP is playing with us? don't know !!

Jul 8, 2019
Hi
Dears I've got my SINP (OID) nomination this week and as I know federal check may take more than 2 years so I want to apply for a work permit without any job offer, is it possible?

Mar 27, 2019
Hello friends,
I am new here, I need your help. I am August 2017 applicant. When I checked my status online it showed “Decision made” (two weeks ago). Before it was “in process”. So what is next ? What’s that mean decision made (approved) ?.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Well, as you live in Canada, so you have more access than me, When you first contact your MP? from which month your MP sets that timer to check after every 2 months? is your MP from Liberal party?

I did same like you, but as I am outland, my MP did not give much support like you, but gave general information about my file, He told me that he has spoken with IRCC, and he just asked me to contact him for update after every 3 months. And I also keep sending email to IRCC by webform.

I could remember that MP gave specific support to another applicant like me, who also crossed 22 months, MP told the applicant that if they don't complete processing file in next 3 months, applicant should contact MP, but IRCC gave applicant PPR in next 2 months. So MP can do if he wants, but question is whether MP is playing with us? don't know !!
Sorry I didn't see your response. A friend of mine got help got immigration help from MP so she recommended that I try the MP. They can help but it depends on the stage that your file is in. The MP I am working with said he can't speed up background check because that is done externally, however, if it's just the officer to make a decision, they can call and if there is no issue the officer will hurry and make the decision.

I still haven't heard anything more. I will have the MP call them every month end until they give approve it. I emailed the VO last month and still have not received response up to now. Have you heard anything about your file lately?

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I didn't see your response. A friend of mine got help got immigration help from MP so she recommended that I try the MP. They can help but it depends on the stage that your file is in. The MP I am working with said he can't speed up background check because that is done externally, however, if it's just the officer to make a decision, they can call and if there is no issue the officer will hurry and make the decision.

I still haven't heard anything more. I will have the MP call them every month end until they give approve it. I emailed the VO last month and still have not received response up to now. Have you heard anything about your file lately?

But like you I cannot send email to MP every month, the MP told me to send him email to know further update after 3 months later, last email I sent him in late May, so my MP is not cooperating like yours. Like stage in the file, it depends on time also, my case 23 months gone, still no decision, if they don't give visa, what I will do than? later there will be no alternative remains, which now exists . !!

But local VO, cic, no one listen to us, they only listen to MP, PM, immigration minister etc. I don't know how to speed up this file & how it will end ???

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
But like you I cannot send email to MP every month, the MP told me to send him email to know further update after 3 months later, last email I sent him in late May, so my MP is not cooperating like yours. Like stage in the file, it depends on time also, my case 23 months gone, still no decision, if they don't give visa, what I will do than? later there will be no alternative remains, which now exists . !!

But local VO, cic, no one listen to us, they only listen to MP, PM, immigration minister etc. I don't know how to speed up this file & how it will end ???
I understand your frustration, I'm frustrated too. When I say stage I mean the stages of the application. For example, mine is in Background check stage. If you order the GCMS or CBSA note you will see which stage your application is in. Have you ordered any of those notes yet? I have been waiting for a long time too, mine is from May 2017 so over 2 years now.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017

I'm 26 months, 4 days today. Hopefully I get it before 3 years

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration, I'm frustrated too. When I say stage I mean the stages of the application. For example, mine is in Background check stage. If you order the GCMS or CBSA note you will see which stage your application is in. Have you ordered any of those notes yet? I have been waiting for a long time too, mine is from May 2017 so over 2 years now.
I ordered gcms note in last April, 2019, I saw eligibility in progress, others not started. I will order gcms note again on next sunday. My local can do whatever he wants to do, I am very much sure, I saw before two cases from my country : one is from EE with PF letter, that man got MR, PPR just after one week of that MP spoken to IRCC, another one PNP paperbased (22 months), that applicant also got MR, PPR within one month after MP spoken to IRCC, but in my cases, why IRCC is not doing anything after MP spoken with ? and MP asked me to send email again after 3 months. It is very much clear all of them are playing with us, and there is no one inside IRCC as well as in Govt. who could stopped this. I had a high hope on this country, but never thought this country people would be like this??

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
I ordered gcms note in last April, 2019, I saw eligibility in progress, others not started. I will order gcms note again on next sunday. My local can do whatever he wants to do, I am very much sure, I saw before two cases from my country : one is from EE with PF letter, that man got MR, PPR just after one week of that MP spoken to IRCC, another one PNP paperbased (22 months), that applicant also got MR, PPR within one month after MP spoken to IRCC, but in my cases, why IRCC is not doing anything after MP spoken with ? and MP asked me to send email again after 3 months. It is very much clear all of them are playing with us, and there is no one inside IRCC as well as in Govt. who could stopped this. I had a high hope on this country, but never thought this country people would be like this??
Sorry to hear that the background check has not started yet, I hope it will be started by the time you get your other notes. I don’t know what to say, everyone I know who I helped apply even after me got their PR already, i’m just confused as to why i’m still waiting.

Atique

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Stream: paper based PNP-BC
02 Feb 2017 application package sent
07 Mar 2017 AOR
Oct 2017 pre-arrival letter
12 Mar 2018 medical request
Application was in PS since June 2018.
Finally received passport request on 11 Jul, 2019, approx. 30 months process time.
Good luck rest of you guys ;)

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stream: paper based PNP-BC
02 Feb 2017 application package sent
07 Mar 2017 AOR
Oct 2017 pre-arrival letter
12 Mar 2018 medical request
Application was in PS since June 2018.
Finally received passport request on 11 Jul, 2019, approx. 30 months process time.
Good luck rest of you guys ;)
congratulation, I am in 23 month running, SINP Paperbased, outland
Please pray for me

Reactions: Atique

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that the background check has not started yet, I hope it will be started by the time you get your other notes. I don’t know what to say, everyone I know who I helped apply even after me got their PR already, i’m just confused as to why i’m still waiting.

Are you inland applicant ? Medical expired already ?
I got nomination from SINP, do you think I could write email to SINP ? will it helped my file speeding up ?