AOR Received.
25-03-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018/ 12-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
WAITING!
This sucks for sure. I have given up on this application personally and filed for EE in November. Even with DM now it is not clear which application will come through first.
If I may ask, how will your life be different when you get PR? What's at stake?
Marriage. I want to get married. I asked lawyer in Nov 2017 that can I get married, he asked me to wait as it will slow the process. Here we are in 2019 and me and my partner are clueless when to get married. I want to settle down and start a family. Already 2 years late. Dont know how much emotional trauma will they cause me! :(

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Marriage. I want to get married. I asked lawyer in Nov 2017 that can I get married, he asked me to wait as it will slow the process. Here we are in 2019 and me and my partner are clueless when to get married. I want to settle down and start a family. Already 2 years late. Dont know how much emotional trauma will they cause me! :(
Ahh, that's hard. Good thing your partner is there with you. Seeing that your PR process is slowed down anyway, would it make sense to just get married now? Yes, it may slow it down even further, but would it matter if you will have your family?

Last edited:

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahh, that's hard. Good thing your partner is there with you. Seeing that your PR process is slowed down anyway, would it make sense to just get married now? Yes, it may slow it down even further, but would it matter if you will have your family?
That’s what I am contemplating.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
That’s what I am contemplating.
I made many frustrated posts on this forum, because my immigration delay was incredibly stressful. I am using the past tense, even though the delay continues. This is because my main reason for getting a PR was reunification with my spouse. He was denied so many visas that getting a PR with me as a principal applicant was the only chance of him ever coming to Canada. Six applications were refused over three years, and then we're hit with a two year processing! I will never forgive CIC for this.
But then I had to apply for BOWP and I included him in my application. I had low hopes, but he was approved! Now he's coming here, and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Sure, I'd like to get that goddamn PPR email, but my stress level went down significantly. I no longer feel depressed, cornered, and hopeless. I used to get much more headaches before, now it seems to have improved somewhat.
I guess my suggestion to other people would be to remove your source of stress, if that's an option. If you want to get married, then get married. Why does it matter whether you get your PR now or a year from now as long as you are happy? I get that in some cases it is not an option, like when an applicant wants to change jobs but has a closed work permit, for example.

ottawagirl

Jun 15, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Inland
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
I made many frustrated posts on this forum, because my immigration delay was incredibly stressful. I am using the past tense, even though the delay continues. This is because my main reason for getting a PR was reunification with my spouse. He was denied so many visas that getting a PR with me as a principal applicant was the only chance of him ever coming to Canada. Six applications were refused over three years, and then we're hit with a two year processing! I will never forgive CIC for this.
But then I had to apply for BOWP and I included him in my application. I had low hopes, but he was approved! Now he's coming here, and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Sure, I'd like to get that goddamn PPR email, but my stress level went down significantly. I no longer feel depressed, cornered, and hopeless. I used to get much more headaches before, now it seems to have improved somewhat.
I guess my suggestion to other people would be to remove your source of stress, if that's an option. If you want to get married, then get married. Why does it matter whether you get your PR now or a year from now as long as you are happy? I get that in some cases it is not an option, like when an applicant wants to change jobs but has a closed work permit, for example.
Well said. My relationship got ruined because of this PR mess. Please don’t let the PR stand in your way for anything. Do what makes you happy

jessica900

Jul 5, 2017
Ontario
Category........
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
OINP
AOR Received.
25-03-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018/ 12-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
WAITING!
I kind of feel the same and I agree. Well, I have applied for BOWP so until that comes now I cannot get married and add my spouse. If I dont get a decison made or PPR by the time I get a positive BOWP, I will get married and add my spouse to the application. Enough of the grievance caused by CIC.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
I kind of feel the same and I agree. Well, I have applied for BOWP so until that comes now I cannot get married and add my spouse. If I dont get a decison made or PPR by the time I get a positive BOWP, I will get married and add my spouse to the application. Enough of the grievance caused by CIC.
That sounds like a plan! Hope your BOWP comes through soon!

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
My friend who applied paper based on Feb 2017, got her PPR on March 2018 right after two weeks of Medical Request on Feb 2018. And she got her PR card half year ago.

How come you guys are still waiting ...

Nick_88

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
My friend who applied paper based on Feb 2017, got her PPR on March 2018 right after two weeks of Medical Request on Feb 2018. And she got her PR card half year ago.

How come you guys are still waiting ...
I hope I had annswer for that
I am still pending 2 years already
Jan 3 2017 paper based applicant

Reactions: MarsiaMS