File received by IRCC - November 2016
Federal file number issued - January 2017
Got closed work permit based on SINP - April 2017 for 2 years
Asked for Schedule A - April 2017
Asked for Medical - January 2018
Went to India in February 2018 and got married
Asked for Schedule A - March 2018
Informed IRCC for spouse update - March 2018
Asked for correspondence ( Documents to add spouse which icludes upfront medical) - March 2018
File was fully uploaded with spouse information in April 2018
File moved to Winnipeg IRCC office on 1 August 2018. Same time got a request for medical (again), schedule A for both, offer of employment, education credentials, language ability, proof of funds, police clearance and additional family information.
Documents received by CIC by the end of September.
Called CIC in the first week of October and was informed by the agent that my file is in Ottawa office

I have 2 doubts if anybody can answer that would be great
1. Usually after Winnipeg office file goes to Etobicoke office and then to Ottawa. Why mine goes directly to Ottawa? Will it be send to Etobicoke office after? How much more time should I have to wait for passport request?
2. My closed work permit is expiring on 2nd April 2019. I can apply for new work permit (open work permit) in December, of i am not wrong. My question : Is it possible to go on border and get the WP right away or should I have to apply online and wait for it?

If anyone can answer these questions would be great.

Thank you!
I am sinp applicant.
My work permit is closed one.
How u are sure tht u can apply for open work permit now.
Please let me know.
U can go to border also for work permit. But call cic first to make sure thts there is no risk of rejection as u already got 2 year of extended work permit

rmaan786

Nov 19, 2018
i am 7feb,2017 applicant and added my spouse file in april2018
medical is done for both of us and also passed
additional documents sent and coming as reviewing..
how much more time they take ?

Reactions: jessica900

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Hi there,
When did you exactly apply for your BOWP? I applied on Sep 21, 2018 and still waiting. Thanks
Sept. 11, 2018. When I applied, the processing time was 56 days. In the past 70 days it became 68 days. Just count the number of days shown in processing time for work permit. It exactly takes the same number.

Reactions: IZZY2016

kazminilzz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 9, 2017
AOR Received.
April 21, 2017
File Transfer...
June 19, 2018
Med's Request
March 2, 2018
Med's Done....
March 26, 2018
Hi Everyone..

Finally received the Golden Email Today. So basically it's not a request for passport yet, however, Permanent Residence Application - Approval.

And my consultant informed me that in a day or two I will get the passport request as well.

My Timeline: SINP ( PAPER BASED APPLICATION)

Application Recieved - March 9, 2017.
AOR - April 21, 2017.
Add. Docs Requested - December 15, 2017.
Medical Request - March 2, 2018.
Medical results received - March 26, 2018
File transferred from NDVO to Vancouver CIC office - June 19, 2018.
Updated job letter submitted - July 10, 2018
File transferred from Vancouver to Winnipeg (Due to heavy workload) - September 29, 2018
Approval Email - November 20, 2018

I wish & pray for everybody on this forum and elsewhere to get the positive outcome of all the patience they have shown.

All the best to all !! I will keep posting further updates..

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi guys, I have a quick question about BOWP. I have applied for a pnp pr and in my nomination letter there’s no restrictions on the employment. Do you think that the BOWP will be restricted on the nominated province or will be opened for all provinces?!

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi guys, I have a quick question about BOWP. I have applied for a pnp pr and in my nomination letter there’s no restrictions on the employment. Do you think that the BOWP will be restricted on the nominated province or will be opened for all provinces?!
Please if anyone of you has any reply, could you please help me about the above question

princeadil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Work Permit would most likely not have any restrictions but you can't change your province if you want PR under the province that you've applied for.

yonggim1219

Jul 24, 2017
I am working full time and have applied for a PR. I was wondering if I could work at some other place (while working at the place I applied PR under)for extra money making because I need more money. I have a PGWP right now and i was wondering if I could