27-04-2016
Nomination.....
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
What is MP, where to find in?
I am March 24. I got PPR September 19 with spouse. My BIP August 20. So everyting on my file was ready for review sometime in September.

Before I used the MP, I used to get status update after waiting 16months (Case specific enquiry) as such as "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times."

I then used a MP to enquiry on my file sometime in August and the security check was not done. Normally a MP enquiry on your file every month. When I told my MP to check for the second time which was in September, the message from IRCC that it was approved. Then it showed decision made on my ECAS and then PPR the night later. The point is that I realize that IRCC try to make some progress on your file before the month ends, therefore when the MP checks, their are some changes. The samething happened to my friend and he encouraged me to use MP.
However, if your file is stuck in background check, there is not much, they can do.

I also heard that requesting the notes on your file helps. This is because an IRCC officer have to check your file each time and could potentially help to push it along.However, if your file is stuck in background check, there is not much, they can do.
Sometimes, our files are sitting there rather than stuck in background check. This may help. Its up to you. I found that something did help my file along the way.

kulmanik

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
B.C.
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Jan 11th, still waiting.

Any good news guys ?

PNPPR2016

Mar 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016 received CIC
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
June 2016
Med's Request
October 26, 2017 MR May 01,2017
Med's Done....
October 27 passed
Interview........
??
LANDED..........
INLAND
I have applied through Express Entry. I got sick of waiting for this to go through. I don't even know if they will have it ready within 24 months. It has already been 17.
So did you cancel ur PNP PR application.?

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
My MP has been following up since June and there has been no updates. It is now been 17 months, coming close to 18 since I applied.
Has your background started? if yes, what date it went in progress?
Thank you! How do you approach MP with your request?
This is basically what I emailed to the MP. They have dealt with many of these cases. Sometimes, they may require a meeting for you to sign a form saying you authorise them to enquiry on your behalf or they might email it.

Dear Hon. [M.P. name], my name is [your name], a foreign worker who applied for Permanent Residence under the [Province name] provincial nominee program on [Date applied].I have applied for the PR with my spouse, [spouse name].
Currently, the processing time for this stream is 16 months. Therefore, the application has passed the due date.

[State your situation and main concern about your PR]

We are respectfully, asking for you to enquiry on our behalf. We are also available for a meeting, if required. Thank you for your time.

Name (Main Applicant Info):
Permanent Residence UCI:
Permanent Residence Application No.:
Date of birth:
Country of Origin:
Address in Canada:
Status in Canada:
Telephone:

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Can someone explain how 'contact MP' works? write an email to local MP? what information should I provide?
This is basically what I emailed to the MP. They have dealt with many of these cases. Sometimes, they may require a meeting for you to sign a form saying you authorise them to enquiry on your behalf or they might email it.

Dear Hon. [M.P. name], my name is [your name], a foreign worker who applied for Permanent Residence under the [Province name] provincial nominee program on [Date applied].I have applied for the PR with my spouse, [spouse name].
Currently, the processing time for this stream is 16 months. Therefore, the application has passed the due date.

We are respectfully, asking for you to enquiry on our behalf. We are also available for a meeting, if required. Thank you for your time.

Permanent Residence UCI:
Date of birth:
Country of Origin:
Address in Canada:
Status in Canada:
Telephone:

Krekls

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Nomination.....
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Has your background started? if yes, what date it went in progress?

Permanent Residence UCI:
Date of birth:
Country of Origin:
Address in Canada:
Status in Canada:
Telephone:
Thank you!!!

Reactions: hopelesspr

ktish74

Mar 7, 2017
I contacted my MP 3 times, ordered 2 times GCMS notes .... it does not work. All single cases of obtaining PR after contact with MP are random ...

Jan 11 applicant

Last edited:

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I contacted my MP 3 times, ordered 2 times GCMS notes .... it does not work. All single cases of obtaining PR after contact with MP are random ...

Jun 11 applicant

Jun 11 applicant
Did you find out why it has being taking long?background check?I stated this as well regarding MP enquiry.If you are June 11, then you are about 15 months. Most times, if you have visited or from certain countries, your background will take abit longer.

"However, if your file is stuck in background check, there is not much, they can do.
Sometimes, our files are sitting there rather than stuck in background check. As such, MP enquiry may help."

ktish74

Mar 7, 2017
Did you find out why it has being taking long?background check?I stated this as well regarding MP enquiry.If you are June 11, then you are about 15 months. Most times, if you have visited or from certain countries, your background will take abit longer.

"However, if your file is stuck in background check, there is not much, they can do.
Sometimes, our files are sitting there rather than stuck in background check. As such, MP enquiry may help."
sorry I am 11 Jan.
I have never been to other countries, the background is clear.
All that I get many times since April - all checks including security are completed, wait for the final decision.

hopelesspr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
sorry I am 11 Jan.
I have never been to other countries, the background is clear.
All that I get many times since April - all checks including security are completed, wait for the final decision.
When you do a case specify enquiry about your status, what is the message you are receiving?In queue for final review? or something else. Hopefully, you will get PPR soon.