+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP - PR - Jan-Feb-March 2016 Applicants

Fafal

Sep 1, 2016
Hi Seniors,

I also have another question regarding to the BOWP. I got refused when I first applied for BOWP. The reason showed is without paying the open work permit holder fee. Now, I am trying to submit the application again. But, I could not find the place to pay the holder fee. Did anyone else apply for the BOWP before? And,some of my friends did not request to pay that fee. Why I should pay the holder fee and how I can pay it online? Did I do anything wrong during the application?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Fafal said:
Hi Seniors,

I also have another question regarding to the BOWP. I got refused when I first applied for BOWP. The reason showed is without paying the open work permit holder fee. Now, I am trying to submit the application again. But, I could not find the place to pay the holder fee. Did anyone else apply for the BOWP before? And,some of my friends did not request to pay that fee. Why I should pay the holder fee and how I can pay it online? Did I do anything wrong during the application?
You're definitely doing something wrong. When you do online work permit application, it will ask you work permit fees plus $100 open work permit fees. Everyone who apply for Open work permit has to pay so your friends have it wrong.

lehbes

Nov 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2016 (CIC received it on 01-04-2016)
Doc's Request.
never had
Nomination.....
07-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Interview........
never had
Passport Req..
it is coming......
VISA ISSUED...
.........coming....coming
yui said:
Thank you for your reply. I'm just confused why I wasn't informed to send other documents, like Schdule A, like people.
Relax. You are not alone in this boat. I was asked to link my application on 24 of August. That is it! It is better to receive two requests such as MR and PPR I guess.

DeeBeeDee

Sep 29, 2016
Fafal said:
Hi Seniors,

You DID NOT do anything wrong. I called CIC about this because I had exactly the same situation as yours. They said it's a system problem that it won't ask you for that additional $100 holder fee when you apply online through myCIC account. What I did (and also some others did too) was to pay $100 through CIC online payment system before I start apply. Then attach that receipt with letter of explanation and upload as one document latter when you start apply. Then follow the instructions to pay the $155 at the end of the online application process. Remember also to upload your AOR (probably under the "proof of provincial gov't support" box?).

Don't worry, the call center agent said a lot of ppl had same problem so that's why they suggest to apply BOWP by paper. Good Luck!!

happy4u

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Fafal said:
Hi Seniors,

I didn't pay my open work permit holder fee when I applied for my BOWP. But officer called when he was reviewing my application, he asked me to pay $100 online before he approves my application and fax receipt back to him on fax number provided by him with his name. He approved my work permit next day.

DeeBeeDee

Sep 29, 2016
happy4u said:
I didn't pay my open work permit holder fee when I applied for my BOWP. But officer called when he was reviewing my application, he asked me to pay $100 online before he approves my application and fax receipt back to him on fax number provided by him with his name. He approved my work permit next day.
omg you are so lucky!! Mine got refused directly. I asked why denied without requesting additional payment. They say: it's all up to the visa office to decide... LOL

yui

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-04-29
AOR Received.
2016-06-25
Med's Request
2017-05-02
Med's Done....
2017-05-09
lehbes said:
Relax. You are not alone in this boat. I was asked to link my application on 24 of August. That is it! It is better to receive two requests such as MR and PPR I guess.
Thanks!! I got email on aug 25, and it asked to link application, that is the only reminder email I got. Did you pay RPRF upfront too? Hopefully we can get MR soon.

Fafal

Sep 1, 2016
happy4u said:
YOU ARE SUCH A LUCKY GUY. I got refused and no officer called me. You must be a really good person. LOL!

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
Hi - I received a note from CIC on Aug 10 to link my application online and I have not been able to do that till date. Tried all necessary combinations and even asked CIC through mail query. I just want to know will i still receive email notification from CIC even though my application is not linked online. Please help!

Fafal

Sep 1, 2016
DeeBeeDee said:
You DID NOT do anything wrong. I called CIC about this because I had exactly the same situation as yours. They said it's a system problem that it won't ask you for that additional $100 holder fee when you apply online through myCIC account. What I did (and also some others did too) was to pay $100 through CIC online payment system before I start apply. Then attach that receipt with letter of explanation and upload as one document latter when you start apply. Then follow the instructions to pay the $155 at the end of the online application process. Remember also to upload your AOR (probably under the "proof of provincial gov't support" box?).

Don't worry, the call center agent said a lot of ppl had same problem so that's why they suggest to apply BOWP by paper. Good Luck!!
Hi DEEBEEDEE,I sent the application again but did not find the place to pay the holder fee. After I submitted the application, I found what you have told above. But, it was too late. I already submitted. I paid the $100 fee and got a receipt. And, I uploaded the receipt through the case specific entry to see if I can add additional doc on my submitted application. I don't know if anybody else did this before. Is it approved? I was trying to call the CIC center this morning but the line was super busy. I am a little bit exhausted now. And, I am still waiting on the line for the call center agent

happy4u

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Fafal said:
Hi Seniors,

Just make sure when you are going through eligibility questions, you are selecting right answers. If you select right answesr then you will see open work permit holder fee for sure. when I applied for my BOWP, I didn't selected right answers and there wasn't any option to pay for it. I realized later on, that I didn't pay my work permit holder fee. I was thinking to withdraw my application just one day before my work permit get expired but luckily, I got call from officer to pay $100 online and he said that once he has proof of my work permit holder fee then he will approve my work permit and as well as my spouse's work permit too. He gave me fax number and his name to fax the receipt. I faxed the receipt same day and next day he approved my work permit and my spouse's as well. Then, I helped my friend to apply for his BOWP, he had a option to pay his open work permit holder fee together with his regular work permit. I changed couple of answers while going through eligibility questions.

Fafal

Sep 1, 2016
happy4u said:
Just make sure when you are going through eligibility questions, you are selecting right answers. If you select right answesr then you will see open work permit holder fee for sure. when I applied for my BOWP, I didn't selected right answers and there wasn't any option to pay for it. I realized later on, that I didn't pay my work permit holder fee. I was thinking to withdraw my application just one day before my work permit get expired but luckily, I got call from officer to pay $100 online and he said that once he has proof of my work permit holder fee then he will approve my work permit and as well as my spouse's work permit too. He gave me fax number and his name to fax the receipt. I faxed the receipt same day and next day he approved my work permit and my spouse's as well. Then, I helped my friend to apply for his BOWP, he had a option to pay his open work permit holder fee together with his regular work permit. I changed couple of answers while going through eligibility questions.
I sent the application again but did not find the place to pay the holder fee. After I submitted the application, I found what you have told above. But, it was too late. I already submitted. I paid the $100 fee and got a receipt. And, I uploaded the receipt through the case specific entry to see if I can add additional doc on my submitted application. I don't know if anybody else did this before. Is it approved? I was trying to call the CIC center this morning but the line was super busy. I am a little bit exhausted now. And, I am still waiting on the line for the call center agent

DeeBeeDee

Sep 29, 2016
Fafal said:
Hi DEEBEEDEE,I sent the application again but did not find the place to pay the holder fee. After I submitted the application, I found what you have told above. But, it was too late. I already submitted. I paid the $100 fee and got a receipt. And, I uploaded the receipt through the case specific entry to see if I can add additional doc on my submitted application. I don't know if anybody else did this before. Is it approved? I was trying to call the CIC center this morning but the line was super busy. I am a little bit exhausted now. And, I am still waiting on the line for the call center agent
You should be fine! Just wait for the confirmation email for that case specific entry you sent in.

Fafal

Sep 1, 2016
DeeBeeDee said:
You should be fine! Just wait for the confirmation email for that case specific entry you sent in.
Thank you so much for your information and encouragement! LOL! Cross finger!

katherine_90

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Hi:

If someone can give me an advice that will be great.
pay my RPRF on Sep19,2016

my GC key account
my BC change from 'in process' to 'no need this time' since Oct,19,2016

AND

My Medical still show 'no need this time' should i be worry??