Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
Dipole said:
oh, man! I have almost exact the same timeline as you. You should have gotten reminder email asking for RPRF and everything by now. Check you spam dude!

My timeline:
AINP Nomination: 09 DEC 2015
PR Application sent to CIC: 22 DEC 2015
PR Application Received by CIC: 31 DEC 2015
AOR Recieved: 15 MAR 2016
Reminder E-mail:19 JUL 2016
MR: ??
PPR: ????

Based on the current volume, I expect getting my MR at the end of OCT 2016, PPR in FEB 2017. Oh!! maybe I am being too optimistic!!

it also depends on Visa Office

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hammer said:
Option 1 - You can get work permit but it will be restricted ( Same employer ) most likely.

Option 2 - Still apply for work permit while it is in process if you receive AOR number, send a case specific inquiry and inform them you have received AOR and ask for consideration of BOWP. It depends on officer if h/she will consider this and if you are lucky they will ask you to pay for open work permit fees and issue you one otherwise restricted work permit it is.

So i do not think you have to leave country if you do not get AOR before work permit expires. Just remember to apply for work permit before it expires.
Thank you Hammer!

And what if i apply for a new work permit and my existing one expires? Suppose i apply a week before my permit ends and the processing time for a new work permit is 4 weeks?

Would i still be able to work for my employer as my SIN expires the same time as my work permit

Vicky22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC - JUL 22
Nomination.....
FEB 02
AOR Received.
APR 01
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
APR 20
Med's Request
JUL 20
Med's Done....
JUL 25
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
WP - OCT 04 & SENT
VISA ISSUED...
WP ISSUED // PR - WAITING
LANDED..........
LANDED - WAITING FOR PR
Guyz, can anyone tell how long to wait for PPR after the medical tests? Just asking as waiting makes me worry. My VO is Singapore.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
hasankhan27 said:
Thank you Hammer!

And what if i apply for a new work permit and my existing one expires? Suppose i apply a week before my permit ends and the processing time for a new work permit is 4 weeks?

Would i still be able to work for my employer as my SIN expires the same time as my work permit
Yes, you can continue work under same working condition as it was when you applied for extension until you get decision made of your work permit application. It is called Implied status. You just have to make sure you apply before you work permit expires. You can not change any working condition ( no change of employers or position ) but just continue whatever job you were doing.

nirvana9

May 19, 2014
Citizenship
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Hello,

I didn't send my PCC with the documents submitted to CIC. Now that I have my PCC with me should I send it through Case Specific Enquiry or wait for the officer to request remaining document.

Thanks in advance.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hammer said:
Yes, you can continue work under same working condition as it was when you applied for extension until you get decision made of your work permit application. It is called Implied status. You just have to make sure you apply before you work permit expires. You can not change any working condition ( no change of employers or position ) but just continue whatever job you were doing.
Thanks a lot.

I will dig on the CIC website what the conditions of the Implied Status are, so that I can satisfy my employer that I can still work for them.

rmarahar

Feb 23, 2015
Hello,

I received my ainp on August 2, 2016.
I have all my documents ready for federal. my spouse and me are here to apply for federal and my baby is born in canada on may 29, 2016. And, I am on maternity leave right now.
I have a question that in generic form 0008 it is asking that "how many family members including you in this application"? should i write two or three ? because my baby is already canadian..
and, one more thing.. do I need to include my baby's pictures as well?
please help me its urgent

thanks

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
New week, new hope, good luck and blessings to everyone ;D

duhra

Aug 2, 2016
Hello everyone!!
I applied my application in feb. Recived my email confirmation in April. Got finger print pcc done on 11tg june still waiting for medical

Anna13

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for the tip of putting a 1 into how many applicants because I was getting frustrated that the linking account to mycic didn't work. Now I could finally link it. They shouldn't even ask this question if it only works with the wrong number anyways. Even cic couldn't help me. They told me I did something wrong and to keep trying.
So thank you so much for sharing.

yuran87

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Ukraine, Odessa
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv – Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!
Guys, who processed by Kiev visa office (Ukraine), what are your timelines at the federal stage for the PNP paper based stream?
My timeline as follows:
January 3, 2016 - applied for SINP OID
June 23, 2016 - received nomination
August 24, 2016 - documents delivered to CIC

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
rmarahar said:
Hello,

I received my ainp on August 2, 2016.
I have all my documents ready for federal. my spouse and me are here to apply for federal and my baby is born in canada on may 29, 2016. And, I am on maternity leave right now.
I have a question that in generic form 0008 it is asking that "how many family members including you in this application"? should i write two or three ? because my baby is already canadian..
and, one more thing.. do I need to include my baby's pictures as well?
please help me its urgent

thanks
Hi rmarahar,
I am also AINP nominated. Submitted my application on August 16. My son is also born is Canada. No need to add your baby, He is already Canadian :). Put 2. No need to add your baby picture. However, must include your baby information on Additional family information form. Also, Its better to add his or her birth certificate.

kingskid

Feb 20, 2014
mf4361 said:
EE and Paper PNP both go through the same checks, background, security, medical, eligibility.

EE save time with upfront medical and upfront PCC doc request. Perhaps because of electronic documents, they save time in security checks as well.

As a matter of fact, security checks are not done by CIC themselves, they rely on reports from RCMP and CSIS.
mf4361, thank you for your comment on this. I am just reading it now.