+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP- PR in process but company transfer to Ontario

sanjeetqa

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I got ICT- WP from my company and using that offer letter, i got PNP. My PR is under process and its as per its normal timeline. I will get my PR in September, 2022.
However, my company is transferring me to Toronto. Is it ok, if i ask my company to wait for 2 months, once i receive my PR, i can relocate to Toronto because i dont see any other option. I am currently in Calgary and PNP from Alberta.

Please advice.

Reactions: telltims

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
You working in Ontario after PR will also be a problem. I would delay the relocation like you did and plan on getting another job after PR if relocation is eventually mandatory.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Hi All,

I got ICT- WP from my company and using that offer letter, i got PNP. My PR is under process and its as per its normal timeline. I will get my PR in September, 2022.
However, my company is transferring me to Toronto. Is it ok, if i ask my company to wait for 2 months, once i receive my PR, i can relocate to Toronto because i dont see any other option. I am currently in Calgary and PNP from Alberta.

Please advice.
Hi Sanjeet,

How did you get the PNP with the same job offer?

I have a job offer in Ontario (ICT - LMIA exempt) and my ICT-WP application is in progress. Can I use the same job offer to apply under OINP?

I had heard that the same offer cannot be used both for WP and PNO? Please suggest how did you apply through it?

sanjeetqa

Nov 4, 2019
Hi Sanjeet,

How did you get the PNP with the same job offer?

I have a job offer in Ontario (ICT - LMIA exempt) and my ICT-WP application is in progress. Can I use the same job offer to apply under OINP?

I had heard that the same offer cannot be used both for WP and PNO? Please suggest how did you apply through it?
No you can't. OINP needs atleast 1 year experience in Ontario.

I used the offer which was used to get (ICT- LMIA execmpt) for a new program introduced by Alberta - Tech Pathway. If you have job offer for Alberta province you will get PNP under this program.

They came up with new program at the same time i got offer , so i got lucky over there.

Champ83

Apr 9, 2021
No you can't. OINP needs atleast 1 year experience in Ontario.

I used the offer which was used to get (ICT- LMIA execmpt) for a new program introduced by Alberta - Tech Pathway. If you have job offer for Alberta province you will get PNP under this program.

They came up with new program at the same time i got offer , so i got lucky over there.
I have one doubt, to qualify for pnp per Alberta tech pathway program, does it not require company to also provide a letter stating that Job will be valid for 12 months after PR is received? or just the offer letter and support letter will suffice ? Can you also confirm if you have got PR now ?

Feb 15, 2022
Hi All,

Please advice. Myaccountaccess/Activate
I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply. Thanks in advance.

tINA456

Apr 4, 2023
Hi All,

Please advice.
I really like this, clean minimal, responsive just what i was looking for, cheers mate
paybyplatema

Apr 18, 2023
If you have already applied for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Permanent Residency (PR) and your employer has transferred you to Ontario, you may need to update your application to reflect this change in your work location.

Each province has its own PNP program, and the requirements for each program may vary. You should review the requirements for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) to determine if your change in work location will affect your application.

If you have already received a provincial nomination and have not yet applied for permanent residency, you will need to inform the federal government of your change of address and update your application accordingly.

It is recommended that you speak with an immigration lawyer or a licensed immigration consultant to discuss your specific situation and ensure that your application is up-to-date and accurate. OKDHSLive

Apr 3, 2023
Hi pls guide me ,staying morethan 12 year in GCC & not stay anyother country not morethan 06 months, is it any pcc from home country or only from GCC