+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR Candidate rules in applying citizenship

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I got my PR through Ontario PNP Masters program. After getting PR i stayed in Ontario for 5 months and moved to Halifax as I got a full-time offer. will it be problem for me to apply my citizenship from halifax? will there be a chance of query or rejection in my case?

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one in my situation who applied for citizenship or going to apply ?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prudhvi said:
Any one in my situation who applied for citizenship or going to apply ?
Usually when you move from other provinces to Ontario will only affect your PR. Moving out of Ontario will not. Also CIC will send you a PR questionnaire asking why you moved. If your life style has changed for better because of your move like better salary or better role then CIC will not bother you.

They will scrutinize more if you had PNP from SK or AB or MB or PEI and moved to Ontario or BC.

All the best. Document why you moved and how your life has improved because of your move.

For citizenship PNP is not an issue. If your meet all the requirements then you should get citizenship easily.

Usually when you move from other provinces to Ontario will only affect your PR. Moving out of Ontario will not. Also CIC will send you a PR questionnaire asking why you moved. If your life style has changed for better because of your move like better salary or better role then CIC will not bother you.

They will scrutinize more if you had PNP from SK or AB or MB or PEI and moved to Ontario or BC.

All the best. Document why you moved and how your life has improved because of your move.

For citizenship PNP is not an issue. If your meet all the requirements then you should get citizenship easily.
Hello Chikloo,

Do you have any source for the line "They will scrutinize more if you had PNP from SK or AB or MB or PEI and moved to Ontario or BC."
I am searching from a long time. Please share any relevant source (IRCC).

Regards
Chitta Ranajn

Aug 15, 2015
Hello All,
I recently got approved for Nova Scotia PNP and will be moving soon to Nova Scotia, below are my questions:
1) I will be moving from US to Canada in hope of permanent migration - meaning in hope that my citizenship application down the line will be approved, but due PNP I want to how my citizenship can be at risk, because i dont want to move to a country and then find out problems with citizenship, if there is not certainity with that I will drop moving to Canada altogether, my question is although I will try my best to go down Nova scotia but what if I dont get a suitable job in 6 months? i can work for my current employer remotely, they have office in Toronto so I can travel from halifax to toronto once a month and rest remote until i get a job in halifax (it being theonly big city in nova scotia with prospects for IT jobs as far as i know). What if I genuinely try and dont get anything in halifax and have to move to say Toronto? later after 3 yrs when i apply for citizenship - will they cause issues? we need to feed our families - i cant sit idle in halifax, also i heard even though i stay in nova scotia - i need to work for nova scotia employer only? is that right? i mean how can i ensure that the employer is not an global mns but just a nova scotia employer, that too i heard cant be contract, i heard it has to be full time, is that right? i mean i thought i can take any job initially i get until i the job of choice. i need to know what is IRCC's thought in this regard, i'm genuinely wanting to go and settle in NOva scotia, halifax but what if i dont get a job is my major concern...i will have to support my family, my child, i cannot just sit and wait for a NS job guys, pls help me understand how to be sure abt what will work...im very new to NS, i dont want to move if the rule is either get a job in NS or die or get out..i mean it seems ridiculous seriously...one can try but none can ensure 100% that one will get a job, i dont want issues with my pr renewal or citizenship after i invest me and my family's precious time in Canada if they are not even practically ready to consider real life situation..pls help guys - pls share if you know ppl in that situation , any success or failure cases...

Aug 15, 2015
if IRCC understands that sometimes genuine efforts also are in vain and ready to consider ppl moving out of original province or residential intent then Im happy to make a move but i need to know whether they are treating ppl fairly or not...i mean i know some ppl misuse pnp which is also not right and i'm not among them, but there has to be a time limit, i can give it 6 months after which i may have to be flexible to move anywhere i get a job really to survive...else there is not point thinking about being able to move to canada - im being very practical guys - hope you understand pls dont get me wrong here