+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - APRIL,MAY JUNE 2016 APPLICANTS....

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
kamy said:
My wife didn't have a surname in all her documents before marriage, after marriage she added my surname which is also on her latest passport now, I believe this amounts to name change.

First Name Last Name(Surname)

Before Marriage Swara Preet
After Marriage Swara Preet Singh

So, I am trying to marking this in online PR application which opens another field to mention her previous name, since she didn't have surname which was the only difference. I tried it but it doesn't let me progress with surname blank.How can I get over this?

CIC is showing a required document for this change, I believe it would require an notorized affidavit, please share your experience.
You may want to just put N/a in the surname field and make sure you attach an explanation letter.

Malik_ovs

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
IELTS Request
already sent to CIC
MPNP File Submitted: Jan 22, 2016
MPNP Received : April 26, 2016
PR Application Submitted: May 12, 2016
AOR Received : July 25, 2016
Awaiting Medical Request.

CANADA IMMIGRATION

Jul 15, 2016
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
kamy said:
My wife didn't have a surname in all her documents before marriage, after marriage she added my surname which is also on her latest passport now, I believe this amounts to name change.

First Name Last Name(Surname)

Before Marriage Swara Preet
After Marriage Swara Preet Singh

So, I am trying to marking this in online PR application which opens another field to mention her previous name, since she didn't have surname which was the only difference. I tried it but it doesn't let me progress with surname blank.How can I get over this?

CIC is showing a required document for this change, I believe it would require an notorized affidavit, please share your experience.

Follow the below:

Your surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashuindian said:
Here is the thread for Linking the application
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/linking-paper-baser-application-before-aor-t443988.45.html

Thank you very much!

tntusr

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashuindian said:
Friends I am very :'( :'( :'(Sad. My Paper based got delivered on 24 June at Sydney. Today I checked my Linked application status, my Application No. has changed to EP00230......., starting X omitted. And in "Details" section New message appears "Cancelled as Incomplete" in place of "Open". What can I do?
You will get a letter stating why it was canceled. Probably missing a document or a signature. Hopefully you will have enough time before your nomination expires to correct it and send it back. The payment is not processed so you can use the same receipt

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
farazNLPNP said:
June 1st,
Hi, friend. I saw you post application on 01/06 and got AOR on 08/09. Last month, you have registerd online account and linked your paper application.your situation similar as me and I am still waiting for my AOR. May I ask whether you have received AOR notification email and what UNIT send it? Thanks.

farazNLPNP

Jun 6, 2016
sirliujin said:
Hi, friend. I saw you post application on 01/06 and got AOR on 08/09. Last month, you have registerd online account and linked your paper application.your situation similar as me and I am still waiting for my AOR. May I ask whether you have received AOR notification email and what UNIT send it? Thanks.
hi, the email i received was from the intake office Sydney, it was the confirmation that they have received my application on 1st June, also they gave me the application number.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had got H1B petition approved in 2011, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?
I had got the PCC done for US at that time considering it would be required for H1B visa, this PCC is marked on my Passport because at that time PCC was only mentioned in passport.

I have two options, First is not to mention anything about this in PR application but problem is I'm asked to send all Passport pages with markings and PCC is marking is one of them.
Is it an issue?

Second option is I mention whole thing in Letter of Explanation, just wondering what is the best way to handle this

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
farazNLPNP said:
hi, the email i received was from the intake office Sydney, it was the confirmation that they have received my application on 1st June, also they gave me the application number.
In the status detail page of mycic account, there is a blue button "VIEW SUBMITTED APPLICATION", click this button, what does it shown? Thank you, Faraz.

sb689

Mar 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
EOI submitted:02-05-2015 | LAA received:25- 09-2015 | Full application submitted to MPNP:09-10-2015 | sp2 submitted:20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
no request
Nomination.....
Assessment pending:27-02-2015 | Assessment in process:03-03-2016 | Interview of supporter:04-03-2016 | Assessment complete:11-03-2016 | Nomination from MPNP:14-03-2016 | Full application submitted to CIC by Fedex:31-05-2016 | application received:06-06-2016
AOR Received.
First AOR from CIC : 24-08-2016 | Second AOR from Singapore : 13-09-2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application package
File Transfer...
13-09-2016
Med's Request
13-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-03_2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
RPRF request : 02-05-2017 | PPR request : 5-5-2017 | PP submitted : 11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2017 | visa on hand : 14-06-2017
Hello everyone,

Congrats to AOR receivers of last week. Welcome to the next stage. Besides, candidates who have received MR request or a second AOR from VO, please share timeline with us. We can pray and hope together for speedy successful processing of our application at VO level. Good luck to all of us.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANADA IMMIGRATION said:

Follow the below:

Your surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.
System doesn't allow either of fields to remain blank(First Name or Last Name)

imranchandio

Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP: 02-01-2016 CIC:02-06-2016 recieved 08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
no