Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
harirajmohan said:
Congrats Ness. Last one step remaining which is independent of cic's waiting lounge. When are you landing - This weekend?
nope. im here in Canada... im single.... there is instruction on returrn envelop how will u do the exit... one is by the appointment and 2 is by the port entry which is u need to leave Canada and comeback at the port entry which is the 2nd option is my plan... my visa is valid until December which is they base on my medical...

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Yahoo06 said:
Cong!! Ness ! when you gona cross the border?
is there any particular time to cross the border? i mean like official time 9-5???
Theres none Yahoo06 they are 24/7 open specially airports... port entry i believe the same but u could check online....coz mine will be in airport when i come back here in canada after vacation on June

Feb 23, 2015
Quick question guys, hope someone can clear this out for me.

Im planning to do a exit on ossoyos canadian boarder on weekend. Question if its they are open on sunday? If so whats theyre office hours? Thanks in advance!

Jon_Snow

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Hello Friends,

Got good news....

Got passport request yesterday...

Ontario PNP Master's Stream Applicant with 1 dependent

Got medical done upfront on 22-03-2016.

All the best all of u...

Thanks

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
ness12 said:
Theres none Yahoo06 they are 24/7 open specially airports... port entry i believe the same but u could check online....coz mine will be in airport when i come back here in canada after vacation on June
Hello Ness i guess we have to (crossing) do that within one mont of receiving the passport back!!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
So my BF'S COPR is waiting to be picked up at the post office. We were out all day so we weren't here when they tried to deliver it (there was a notice to pick up something in our mail box)and we weren't really expecting it so soon since his copy of passport was just received April 21st. We checked the tracking number and sure enough it's that envelope waiting for us at the post office.

We are going to pick it up then drive to Grandforks, North Dakota for lunch and to buy some junk food not available in Canada. Then drive back to Manitoba over the Emerson Border so he can Land.

I am not sure if the fact that he only had to send a copy of his passport and not his actual passport is why the turn around was so fast?

fleurgirl

Apr 24, 2015
Mbgirlfriend said:
So my BF'S COPR is waiting to be picked up at the post office. We were out all day so we weren't here when they tried to deliver it (there was a notice to pick up something in our mail box)and we weren't really expecting it so soon since his copy of passport was just received April 21st. We checked the tracking number and sure enough it's that envelope waiting for us at the post office.

We are going to pick it up then drive to Grandforks, North Dakota for lunch and to buy some junk food not available in Canada. Then drive back to Manitoba over the Emerson Border so he can Land.

I am not sure if the fact that he only had to send a copy of his passport and not his actual passport is why the turn around was s
We are going to do exactly the same thing!!! But still waiting for passports back!! And they received them April 19!

aniarmhi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Mbgirlfriend said:

I am not sure if the fact that he only had to send a copy of his passport and not his actual passport is why the turn around was so fast?
Awesome!

I look forward to emulating your success soon :D

camerbabeli

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 1st 2015
Nomination.....
feb 3rd 2015
AOR Received.
july 16 2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
04-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
ness12 said:
nope. im here in Canada... im single.... there is instruction on returrn envelop how will u do the exit... one is by the appointment and 2 is by the port entry which is u need to leave Canada and comeback at the port entry which is the 2nd option is my plan... my visa is valid until December which is they base on my medical...
He ness12 congrats on getting your passport back.
May I ask what kind of appointment was mentioned in your letter

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
My BF is officially a Permanent Resident now.

We did his Landing at the Emerson Border. We went into the U.S and spent the afternoon shopping and on the way back he did his Landing. It was really easy and only took 45 minutes from the time we got there to him getting PR. Most of that 45 minutes was just spent waiting in line at the border because there was about 8 cars in front of us. The actual PR took about 15 minutes. The agent asked to see his Work Permit then asked him the questions that are on the COPR letter, got him to write "no" beside those questions and sign the COPR then gave him something to read about the rights of having PR while she did some other paper work. Then asked if he had about you questions and told him he was officially PR.

So happy and can't wait for everyone else to feel this relief.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Mbgirlfriend said:
My BF is officially a Permanent Resident now.

We did his Landing at the Emerson Border. We went into the U.S and spent the afternoon shopping and on the way back he did his Landing. It was really easy and only took 45 minutes from the time we got there to him getting PR. Most of that 45 minutes was just spent waiting in line at the border because there was about 8 cars in front of us. The actual PR took about 15 minutes. The agent asked to see his Work Permit then asked him the questions that are on the COPR letter, got him to write "no" beside those questions and sign the COPR then gave him something to read about the rights of having PR while she did some other paper work. Then asked if he had about you questions and told him he was officially PR.

So happy and can't wait for everyone else to feel this relief.
Hi Mbgirlfriend, congratulations to you and your bf. Could you please tell what questions they asked? I can definitely present my valid work permit but do they ask whether you are working or not? As you know my case, I am planning to say I am on the process of applying for new jobs and will start working once I have the PR

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
PMC89 said:
Hi Mbgirlfriend, congratulations to you and your bf. Could you please tell what questions they asked? I can definitely present my valid work permit but do they ask whether you are working or not? As you know my case, I am planning to say I am on the process of applying for new jobs and will start working once I have the PR
They asked if he had been charged with any crime since his application and if he had changed addres or if he had any other spouse or dependants that he hadn't named on his application.

They did not ask about his current employer.

Just answer the questions they ask honestly and don't mention that you aren't employed unless they ask. I don' think they really want to spen a long time asking questuon as they are usually busy at the border. I think you have a better chance of not being asked a lot of questions if you land at a border crossing. I think if you make an appointment to do the landing at an immigration office there would be more chance of them doing a more thorough interview because they have likely blocke off a certain amount of time to talk to you.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Mbgirlfriend said:
They asked if he had been charged with any crime since his application and if he had changed addres or if he had any other spouse or dependants that he hadn't named on his application.

Just answer the questions they ask honestly and don't mention that you aren't employed unless they ask. I don' think they really want to spen a long time asking questuon as they are usually busy at the border. I think you have a better chance of not being asked a lot of questions if you land at a border crossing. I think if you make an appointment to do the landing at an immigration office there would be more chance of them doing a more thorough interview because they have likely blocke off a certain amount of time to talk to you.
Hey Mbgirlfriend, how about an interview at the airport. Do you think that it would be a rigrous one too?

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Mbgirlfriend said:
They asked if he had been charged with any crime since his application and if he had changed address or if he had any other spouse or dependants that he hadn't named on his application.

Thanks for your helpful inputs, really appreciate it. Are bank statements necessary? Yes, I am planning to complete landing by crossing border. I didn't even know that you could do it in an immigration office.