+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR APPLICATION JUNE 2014

gildeh

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Hello Experts,

I received an email from CIC-Ottawa for document request which is a bit strange to me. They asked me and my spouse for the following two items:

Ø Please complete the form enclosed “Supplementary Information Request for Students”

Ø Please provide a CV including details of your employment history.

These items usually are asked for Student Visa and now they asked these for our PR application! Does it make sense to you? Was there anybody in the same situation?

The other thing is that they asked to upload the documents in MyCIC account which I used to use for my Visa and Work permit application and I thought that PR has nothing to do with MyCIC. It is really weird to me.

I really appreciate if you guys share your experiences and thoughts. My status is IP since June 10.

Thanks

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
gildeh said:
Hello Experts,

I received an email from CIC-Ottawa for document request which is a bit strange to me. They asked me and my spouse for the following two items:
Ø Please complete the form enclosed “Supplementary Information Request for Students”
Ø Please provide a CV including details of your employment history.
I am 90% confident that student info request form is an error. Unless it is specific to your application. The info asked in that form is irrelevent for PR.
CV is common. Often applicants are asked if they have doubts in schedule A, employment and travel forms. Call them and clarify. cic should be able to tell if it can be a mistake.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Can I switch my job w/o waiting for my PR Card? I have an interview in coming days and chances are high. I think HR would only ask about my SIN card and if it doesn't starts with 9xxx then I am good to go.

DO you guys think if CIC agents can answer this question?

gildeh

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
devpsd said:
I am 90% confident that student info request form is an error. Unless it is specific to your application. The info asked in that form is irrelevent for PR.
CV is common. Often applicants are asked if they have doubts in schedule A, employment and travel forms. Call them and clarify. cic should be able to tell if it can be a mistake.
Hi devpsd,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah, it is really strange to me too.
For the CV that you are saying it is common, how should we send it to them. In the email it says we should upload that in MyCIC account (to be honest I can not remember my password to check if they have added this at the moment!), is this true?

I will probably give them a call today.

Thanks

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
intellectgyani said:
This is strange. Try calling up CIC though they may speak the same things over and over again.
I think they started to get huge number of calls and just stopped giving information about cases. I see that in other posts. :) Maybe once in a while somebody gets lucky and they agree to check file.

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
gildeh said:
Hi devpsd,
Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah, it is really strange to me too.
For the CV that you are saying it is common, how should we send it to them. In the email it says we should upload that in MyCIC account (to be honest I can not remember my password to check if they have added this at the moment!), is this true?
I will probably give them a call today.
Thanks
Thats exactly the key. i know a few people who got cv request but they were asked to send by email to ottawa; similar to schedule A documents or mail with PCC. But your request seems unusual and i have not heard that. Thats y i have a strong feeling it may be a clerical error (which is very common), hence the delay and the unusual doc request. Only express entry applicants can submit docs through mycic. Call them asap and confirm. There is a longer queue afternoon fridays.
i still think u should meet with local mp. They get u up to date info and also it acts as a sanity check for cic. you get the update within a week.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Randy.Orton said:
Guys,

Can I switch my job w/o waiting for my PR Card? I have an interview in coming days and chances are high. I think HR would only ask about my SIN card and if it doesn't starts with 9xxx then I am good to go.

DO you guys think if CIC agents can answer this question?
you do not need pr card.

Just SIN. PR card is only used for travel purposes.
If they ask for proof of residency COPR will suffice but will likely not be needed.

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
BalticSea said:
I think they started to get huge number of calls and just stopped giving information about cases. I see that in other posts. :) Maybe once in a while somebody gets lucky and they agree to check file.
Well the thing is it depends how the caller carries the conversation. If someone calls and whines about "delay"; immediately agent says that std time is 16 months. But if someone calls and highlights a specific problem or unusual issue the agent does check. I have experienced that myself. Being more specific. ;)

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
devpsd said:
Well the thing is it depends how the caller carries the conversation. If someone calls and whines about "delay"; immediately agent says that std time is 16 months. But if someone calls and highlights a specific problem or unusual issue the agent does check. I have experienced that myself. Being more specific. ;)
That make sense. Next time i will try to be more specific. Thank you! :)

marso

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
1423 - Desktop Publishing Op
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 1, 2013 (Approved)
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2013
IELTS Request
April 6, 2013 (Taken ahead)
Med's Request
January 9, 2014
Med's Done....
January 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2014
LANDED..........
August 12, 2014
Hello everyone! Sorry to bother you guys. I'm an October applicant but I figured I might as well ask you guys since you probably already went through the processes we (october applicants) are still going through. I hope that's okay.

Recently I received an email from CIC, it seems like a simple reminder of everything that may have been lacking in my application. What bothered me though is the part about police clearance/certificates:

"POLICE CERTIFICATES
If you have not already done so provide original police clearance certificates from all countries where you have lived six months or longer since turning 18, for you and all family members over 18. If you delay in sending in these police certificates your application will be delayed. "

Since I was just here for a few months when I applied, I didn't have to include a police clearance from Canada to complete the application requirements...but now that I've been here past six months, do I need to send a new police clearance (issued by RCMP) in response to this letter?

To anyone who received a letter like this before, kindly tell us what you think. :)

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
marso said:
Hello everyone! Sorry to bother you guys. I'm an October applicant but I figured I might as well ask you guys since you probably already went through the processes we (october applicants) are still going through. I hope that's okay.

Recently I received an email from CIC, it seems like a simple reminder of everything that may have been lacking in my application. What bothered me though is the part about police clearance/certificates:

"POLICE CERTIFICATES
If you have not already done so provide original police clearance certificates from all countries where you have lived six months or longer since turning 18, for you and all family members over 18. If you delay in sending in these police certificates your application will be delayed. "

Since I was just here for a few months when I applied, I didn't have to include a police clearance from Canada to complete the application requirements...but now that I've been here past six months, do I need to send a new police clearance (issued by RCMP) in response to this letter?

To anyone who received a letter like this before, kindly tell us what you think. :)
Hi,

You don`t need to include RCMP along with your application. If CIC needs they will ask you to submit RCMP clearance during the processing of your application.

qtie1

Jun 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 04 2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Aug 25 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 03 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
June 30 2016
Med's Done....
July 05 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 03 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 09 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 03 2017
I applied ALBERTA AINP on July 04 2014 and got my file# in Sep 2014, until now im still waiting for my AINP
Anyone know when i can get my AINP? T.T I was waiting so long :'(