27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Yahweh said:
Got a question. SK pnp , CIO received application last July, and I was required to pay rprf and update new personal history on April 14. Ecas shows ip on 16, I called cic yesterday and they told me that my documents are still in Sydney. Anyone knows why?
Don't worry about it too much. In the past, Sydney used to be only the primary intake office, and the actual processing would happen in the visa office (Ottawa or outland VO). So if one's application was in Sydney, it meant that the application was still in the initial stages, and once it transferred to VO, then that meant that the application was close to being finalized.

In the past year or so, there have been quite a few applicants for whom almost the entire process has been done in Sydney. It's assumed that this is because CIC needed to rearrange resources to combat the application backlog. They seem more agile now with how files are handled and moved around, and it's not as much of a clear-cut linear process anymore. Because things don't quite seem to work the same way with CIC now compared to what it was before, it's increasingly difficult to draw comparisons with past applicants or procedures about how one's own case will be processed - it's annoying and confusing, obviously.

Also, nowadays the call centre agents don't seem to have very factual information in their hands. Someone in this forum said a few weeks ago (I wish I could remember who it was) that he/she spoke with three different agents within a week or so, and some of them said their file was in Ottawa, some said it was in Sydney.

So don't be too concerned about the location of your file.. you're already IP, which means things are moving, so I wouldn't expect it to take too much longer now.

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
parahulk said:
i have applied permanent resident application under Ainp they received my application in July 28 2014 and medical done in October 2014 still waiting for in process so anyone is there who applied in July 2014 under AINP for permanent resident?
Iam OPNP and application received on 31st july.
Still waiting for IP.
RPRF paid upfront

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
liisa227 said:
Don't worry about it too much. In the past, Sydney used to be only the primary intake office, and the actual processing would happen in the visa office (Ottawa or outland VO). So if one's application was in Sydney, it meant that the application was still in the initial stages, and once it transferred to VO, then that meant that the application was close to being finalized.

In the past year or so, there have been quite a few applicants for whom almost the entire process has been done in Sydney. It's assumed that this is because CIC needed to rearrange resources to combat the application backlog. They seem more agile now with how files are handled and moved around, and it's not as much of a clear-cut linear process anymore. Because things don't quite seem to work the same way with CIC now compared to what it was before, it's increasingly difficult to draw comparisons with past applicants or procedures about how one's own case will be processed - it's annoying and confusing, obviously.

Also, nowadays the call centre agents don't seem to have very factual information in their hands. Someone in this forum said a few weeks ago (I wish I could remember who it was) that he/she spoke with three different agents within a week or so, and some of them said their file was in Ottawa, some said it was in Sydney.

So don't be too concerned about the location of your file.. you're already IP, which means things are moving, so I wouldn't expect it to take too much longer now.
My file is in ottawa but still waiting for IP on ECAS.
CIC call centre says that my file is going security and background checks. Paid RPRF upfront.

Yahweh

Apr 28, 2015
liisa227 said:

thank you so much

SURESHASWINI

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 NOV 2013
Nomination.....
22 JUL 2014
AOR Received.
24 SEP 2014
Med's Request
25 SEP 2014
Med's Done....
02 OCT 2014
Passport Req..
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
hi guys good news i got turned ip on apr 22. please updeate in spread sheet thanks.best of luck for who waiting for ip

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
SURESHASWINI said:
hi guys good news i got turned ip on apr 22. please updeate in spread sheet thanks.best of luck for who waiting for ip
When did you receive request for RPRF?

SURESHASWINI

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 NOV 2013
Nomination.....
22 JUL 2014
AOR Received.
24 SEP 2014
Med's Request
25 SEP 2014
Med's Done....
02 OCT 2014
Passport Req..
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
astasi said:
When did you receive request for RPRF?
No Attasi they didn't request i just paid by on 21 apr then today i check my ecas shows that ip on 22 apr 2015

Amedee

Apr 29, 2015
Hi good day everyone! I would like to ask regarding to my uncle's application, he received a file number last year and then till now he never received an update, can I follow up his application and if ever how?

Thanks and God bless!

SirDickbutt

Feb 13, 2015
Amedee said:
Hi good day everyone! I would like to ask regarding to my uncle's application, he received a file number last year and then till now he never received an update, can I follow up his application and if ever how?

Thanks and God bless!
If he has authorized others to his application you can have him log on to cic to get a basic idea of what's going on at the moment

If there are no updates then you can ask CIC for notes on your application. This takes about a month to process but at least you will know exactly what's going on. hope it helps.

I would post links but my new account isnt allowed to

moy7

Dec 9, 2014
Hello,

Quick update on my case. I was asked 10 days ago by CIC to provide 2 id pictures.
On Monday, I got a form called Confirmation of Permanent Residence. So now I need to "land" to start the process of getting the PR card. I will go to the US border this week-end and come back to formally land in Canada. After that, I was told it takes 6-8 weeks to get the PR card.

Timeline:
Category........: Ontario PNP with Job Offer
App. Filed w CIC: 16-05-2014
AOR Received.: 13-01-2015
Med's Request: 30-01-2015
Med's Done....: 09-02-2015
RPRF.............: 10-03-2015
DM...............: 16-04-2015

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
am i only one left to get MR

gildeh

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
shareview said:
am i only one left to get MR
Not really. I received AOR on March 17 and still waiting for MR! It is really stupid!
My timeline:
ON-PNP
App. Filed: May 28, 2014
AOR: Mar. 17, 2015