+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR APPLICATION JUNE 2014

gennyquan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
thatguy1232 said:
hello and thank you to all...I am Aug 2014 applicant with completed RPRF and had medical test one week ago... i have just two questions and please help ...if you are aware of it please let me know

1 steps for PPR - what are we required to do? is it simply that we mail our passports and receive our passports back in mail? ...i am confused as i read about some travel involved?
2 work permit - with PR status eventually work permit is not required but at what point in PR process is the need for for WP over? my udnerstanding of PPR is that its a stamp put on ur passport and returned...so does the stamp then replace the need for WP? ...I have a closed WP and want to change jobs ....

please let me know! .. thanks!
1- You paid RPRF, got medical test done. Now I think you will wait for additional documents if they require. Otherwise, your status might changes to In process, or Decision Made, then you'll receive PPR via email. Then you sent your passport (and your dependants' passport as well). then you wait again, then you get your passport(s) back with immigration visa in it. Do the flagpole or you can travel somewhere and come back to Canada. After you get through Custom, you will be landed immigrant.
2- When you get landed immigrant status, your need for WP will be over. If you want to change job but you haven't changed your status to landed immigrant, you have to apply for new closed wp or an open wp.

thatguy1232

May 31, 2015
gennyquan said:
1- You paid RPRF, got medical test done. Now I think you will wait for additional documents if they require. Otherwise, your status might changes to In process, or Decision Made, then you'll receive PPR via email. Then you sent your passport (and your dependants' passport as well). then you wait again, then you get your passport(s) back with immigration visa in it. Do the flagpole or you can travel somewhere and come back to Canada. After you get through Custom, you will be landed immigrant.
2- When you get landed immigrant status, your need for WP will be over. If you want to change job but you haven't changed your status to landed immigrant, you have to apply for new closed wp or an open wp.
Thanks gennyquan!!..i was hoping that with the immigration visa i can change jobs without WP..so as i understand its not the case and i have to be landed imigrant first... got it thanks..hope thats right

i would like to apply for open wp but my current closed permit is expireing 11 months from now so more than 4 months left..so even though i have a file number i canot get the bridging open work permit...any thoughts?..so in my case throughout my PR process at no point i was eligible for the bridging open wp...odd...is there anything i may be missing?

honey1212

Jul 21, 2014
gennyquan said:
Hi honey1212, I'm 9, June applicants and I received IP, DM and PPR last week. I think you will get DM/PPR next week or next 2 weeks. Don't worry, your turn is coming.
Thanks for boosting my morale otherwise i dont understand why they take too much time almost 2months gone after taking my file in progress. Mostly every one get dm or ppr with in one month.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
thatguy1232 said:
Thanks gennyquan!!..i was hoping that with the immigration visa i can change jobs without WP..so as i understand its not the case and i have to be landed imigrant first... got it thanks..hope thats right

i would like to apply for open wp but my current closed permit is expireing 11 months from now so more than 4 months left..so even though i have a file number i canot get the bridging open work permit...any thoughts?..so in my case throughout my PR process at no point i was eligible for the bridging open wp...odd...is there anything i may be missing?
You dont get immigration visa until your process is complete.

And you are free to change jobs if you current work permit allows you do so. It is only when you nomination is tied to your employer that you cannot change jobs without voiding PR app.
You apply for bridging permit when your current work permit is about to expire but if you currently do not have a open work permit(tied to employer) then likely you wont get bridging permit when you apply. You will extend the current one based on your immigration application and it will still be tied to your employer. BOWP is only for those that have no restriction on their employer for PR.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
URGENT REQUEST

I am in Toronto, and need to submit my passport to CPC-Ottawa for PR stamping.

For the pre-paid Canada Post Xpresspost envelop, do I need to NATIONAL or REGIONAL envelop for tracking??

Email from CIC says the package should be mailed to:
Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

But the email says the Canada Post pre-paid envelop should be "National"...but when I went to Canada Post, they said it should be Regional envelop, as I am already in Ontario. Can anyone please help quickly? I need to mail the passport as soon as possible.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
cupcakes said:
URGENT REQUEST

I am in Toronto, and need to submit my passport to CPC-Ottawa for PR stamping.

For the pre-paid Canada Post Xpresspost envelop, do I need to NATIONAL or REGIONAL envelop for tracking??

Email from CIC says the package should be mailed to:
Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

But the email says the Canada Post pre-paid envelop should be "National"...but when I went to Canada Post, they said it should be Regional envelop, as I am already in Ontario. Can anyone please help quickly? I need to mail the passport as soon as possible.
It doesnt matter either ways. Regional will do. I got regional since I am in ottawa. As long as you can track it, you should be good.
CIC is not going to reject your application based on an envelope choice. So chill!

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
You dont get immigration visa until your process is complete.

And you are free to change jobs if you current work permit allows you do so. It is only when you nomination is tied to your employer that you cannot change jobs without voiding PR app.
You apply for bridging permit when your current work permit is about to expire but if you currently do not have a open work permit(tied to employer) then likely you wont get bridging permit when you apply. You will extend the current one based on your immigration application and it will still be tied to your employer. BOWP is only for those that have no restriction on their employer for PR.

Question, can I change my job after landing as an immigrant? I understand PR card will take 2 months, and I don't want to wait that long. I am already tired on my current job, but on a bound WP right now. Though, I know I can change my job but current Bound WP processing time is 2 months, and no employer will wait that long after giving you the offer letter.

So I have decided to just wait. Though my priority is to change my job asap.

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
hi randy have u got dm

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question to Pakistani Nationals:

I am on IP right now and hoping to get a PPR soon. I have a dependent in Karachi, Pakistan. Wondering if anyone know where to send the Passport and through which courier? I know the Embassy would be in Islamabad, my concern is more to the channel via which he will send the passport.

Feel free to inbox me if you're not conformable to answer here.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
Thanks, _MK_. I had requested CIC for extension to submit my passport, so did not want to screw up and send the wrong type of envelop, even though that's such a trivial thing. :p

For those who already did landing, how long has it taken to get your PR card??

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shareview said:
hi randy have u got dm
No buddy, still waiting. I have a feeling that we'll receive PPR directly, b/c most of batch-mates got the PPR email first and then DM on ECAS.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Randy.Orton said:
Question, can I change my job after landing as an immigrant? I understand PR card will take 2 months, and I don't want to wait that long. I am already tired on my current job, but on a bound WP right now. Though, I know I can change my job but current Bound WP processing time is 2 months, and no employer will wait that long after giving you the offer letter.

So I have decided to just wait. Though my priority is to change my job asap.
Yes you can change jobs as soon as you land. PR card is only required to come back into canada once you go outside the country. For all intents and purposes, once you land you get all the rights and benefits of PR.
If you are intent on changing jobs, I suggest you start looking. Usually just the search for the right job takes a while and then you have to setup multiple internviews and such. You can always tell them that you will start in a few months. Most employers are okay with a month or so after offer and the interview process takes a month usually as well.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
Yes you can change jobs as soon as you land. PR card is only required to come back into canada once you go outside the country. For all intents and purposes, once you land you get all the rights and benefits of PR.
If you are intent on changing jobs, I suggest you start looking. Usually just the search for the right job takes a while and then you have to setup multiple internviews and such. You can always tell them that you will start in a few months. Most employers are okay with a month or so after offer and the interview process takes a month usually as well.
Yes, that's what I am doing lately :D Have an interview in coming days; a bit nervous and excited as-well. Just waiting for DM & PPR right now. I have seen people here waiting for DM after IP, for months now. It's hardly been a week after IP and I'm already getting butterflies on my stomach ::)

cannonbarrel

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa-OPNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-03-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
shareview said:
May i know if someone among ONtario Applicant in QA still left for DM ... Pls share ur timeline.that may give me hope
Hi Shareview,

My ecas still shows Application Received.
I did my Medical tests on 14th May and RPRF on 8th May.
I think I am the only one in the QA batch with no update on ecas since Application Received

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
cannonbarrel said:
Hi Shareview,

My ecas still shows Application Received.
I did my Medical tests on 14th May and RPRF on 8th May.
I think I am the only one in the QA batch with no update on ecas since Application Received
You may get PPR anytime
I think me you gildeh and Randy are on wait list now..Hope for best