05-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone,

I applied for PR under O-PNP in April 2014.

Got AOR and medical request on May 22, 2014. Medicals received in first week of June.. But nothing since then.

Should I contact CIC for GCMS notes or this delay is normal processing time.

Thanks

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aman_Khatra said:
Hello Everyone,

I applied for PR under O-PNP in April 2014.

Got AOR and medical request on May 22, 2014. Medicals received in first week of June.. But nothing since then.

Should I contact CIC for GCMS notes or this delay is normal processing time.

Thanks

the people who applied for PR under OPNP are facing the same situation...

Ontario is keep on issuing certificates, but files are not moving an inch in cic. still don't understand why cic people are holding only ontraio pnp candidates. This is insane.

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Provincial Nominee Programs will continue to exist outside the Express Entry system, but provinces will also be able to select a portion of candidates from the Express Entry pool

Source:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-124159.html

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-details-comprehensive-ranking-system-announced-124175.html

Aman_Khatra

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
prudhvi said:
the people who applied for PR under OPNP are facing the same situation...

Ontario is keep on issuing certificates, but files are not moving an inch in cic. still don't understand why cic people are holding only ontraio pnp candidates. This is insane.
Thanks

Is there a useful way to get status update from CIC?. Last time I emailed was in August. They replied in September telling me that my application is still in process and an officer will contact me in due course. Nothing since then.

Calling the CIC call center is useless as they do not provide any information about Economic class applicants before 17 month delay period is over.

Any suggestions?

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
tsaini said:
Provincial Nominee Programs will continue to exist outside the Express Entry system, but provinces will also be able to select a portion of candidates from the Express Entry pool
Thanks for the update tasini. i used the calculator for the scoring.
The pnp is kind of grey area. How much portion goes to ee and how much follow usual process. Whats the criteria for being selected for ee or normal process
They talk about the first draw in jan. Are we in that draw too?
For guys who never got aor, how will i know i m moving to ee, what do i have to do next. Is there a med test.
I am not expecting an answer, just creating more confusion. :)
This is a worse process, no transparency. i know my score, never know the rank n selection criteria. No first come first. No certainty.

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devpsd said:
Thanks for the update tasini. i used the calculator for the scoring. Its easy but obviously won't know my rank.
The pnp is kind of grey area. How much portion goes to ee and how much follow usual process. Whats the criteria for being selected for ee or normal process
They talk about the first draw in jan. Are we in that draw too?
For guys who never got aor, how will i know i m moving to ee, what do i have to do next. Is there a med test.
I am not expecting an answer, just creating more confusion. :)
This is a worse process, no transparency. i know my score, never know the rank n selection criteria. No first come first. No certainty.
I don't think so they will consider into EE, who applied in 2014. Main reason behind that is Express Entry will function as a two-step process. Step one will involve candidates making an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, with candidates who are eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs entering the Express Entry pool. Step two will involve a portion of those candidates in the pool being issued invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

According to EE process, I don't think so they will waive the first step for all who applied in 2014 and did not get AOR yet, Reason is in the mean time most of candidates PNP certification will be expired.

REST CIC knows better, We just assume :) :) :)

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
tsaini said:
I don't think so they will consider into EE, who applied in 2014. Main reason behind that is Express Entry will function as a two-step process. Step one will involve candidates making an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, with candidates who are eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs entering the Express Entry pool. Step two will involve a portion of those candidates in the pool being issued invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

According to EE process, I don't think so they will waive the first step for all who applied in 2014 and did not get AOR yet, Reason is in the mean time most of candidates PNP certification will be expired.

REST CIC knows better, We just assume :) :) :)
I agree with you. Though not clear yet. But it seem Province will select applicants from EE and nominate them. Non EE applicants ( such as us) would not be considered for that. Our applications would follow existing system.

Also, even if we create a profile and apply for EE, I am not sure whether they would consider my PNP nomination issued earlier to Jan 2015.

But I do not get one point, why are they not preferring existing applicants and clearing up all the applications before they are starting a new system :S

Just sharing my views.

Thanks

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n.zaman said:
I agree with you. Though not clear yet. But it seem Province will select applicants from EE and nominate them. Non EE applicants ( such as us) would not be considered for that. Our applications would follow existing system.

Also, even if we create a profile and apply for EE, I am not sure whether they would consider my PNP nomination issued earlier to Jan 2015.

But I do not get one point, why are they not preferring existing applicants and clearing up all the applications before they are starting a new system :S

Just sharing my views.

Thanks
I think CIC giving more attention to FSW applicants and I just go through following link and got that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?usp=drive_web&sle=true

I did not see any progress on PNP applications.

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who so ever applied before January 1, 2015. Application under the rules in place at the time you applied, It will now considered under Express Entry.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp

No more assumptions :) :)

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
tsaini said:
Who so ever applied before January 1, 2015. Application under the rules in place at the time you applied, It will now considered under Express Entry.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp

No more assumptions :) :)
What do you mean "it will now considered under Express Entry"? It clearly states:

If you apply before January 1, 2015: We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied.

So not considered under Express Entry. Correct me if I am wrong.

tsaini

Star Member
Mar 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyous said:
What do you mean "it will now considered under Express Entry"? It clearly states:

If you apply before January 1, 2015: We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied.

So not considered under Express Entry. Correct me if I am wrong.
It will not be consider for Express Entry. applications will go with same flow.

bst2011

Feb 27, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/CVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014 received at cic
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
17-12-2014 to NDVO & 23-01-2015 to CVO
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015
Interview........
Re medical- 09-06-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2017
today at last I received my AOR from CIC
App reached 11 sept
mode of payment Bank draft
Draft cashed on 17th Nov
I have no words to express my happiness
Thank you my lord...& thanks & best of luck to all to all my frnds
plz update spreadsheet

vdang

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2014
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
17-07-14
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Jan-ish
Med's Request
17-07-14
Med's Done....
22-07-14
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-15
LANDED..........
25-04-15
bst2011 said:
today at last I received my AOR from CIC
App reached 11 sept
mode of payment Bank draft
Draft cashed on 17th Nov
I have no words to express my happiness
Thank you my lord...& thanks & best of luck to all to all my frnds
plz update spreadsheet
Congrats! They seem to move quicker on AOR and Med request now. It took 2 months for a lot of the May and June apps.