+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Nominee, Soft Landing to a different city

thomasp307

Jul 12, 2019
Hello ,
I am in same situation now. Sinp nominee. Planning to soft land through Windsor Michigan land border in my own car. Can I enter Canada with my car? I will go back to USA in few days. Will it create a problem??
I would recommend land in the province of PNP. I recently had an experience where I landed at an Ontario port with a SINP nomination and I was questioned on my intent to move to SK. The officer was not convinced that I had intentions to move to SK, so he didn't initiate the PR process and asked to come back with proof or better would be to go to SK.

Reactions: canuck78

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
I would recommend land in the province of PNP. I recently had an experience where I landed at an Ontario port with a SINP nomination and I was questioned on my intent to move to SK. The officer was not convinced that I had intentions to move to SK, so he didn't initiate the PR process and asked to come back with proof or better would be to go to SK.
When you landed in Toronto, did you had any air tickets to Saskatchewan or hotel bookings?

thomasp307

Jul 12, 2019
When you landed in Toronto, did you had any air tickets to Saskatchewan or hotel bookings?
My attempt to enter Canada was by road from USA not an airport. There was no air tickets to Saskatchewan or any hotel booking in that province. I was planning to stay at friends place and return back to usa

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
My attempt to enter Canada was by road from USA not an airport. There was no air tickets to Saskatchewan or any hotel booking in that province. I was planning to stay at friends place and return back to usa
Were you able to go back on same visa or you had to get new visa stamp?