+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pnp nominee drivers license renewal question ?

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hi ,

I have a question. We are already pnp nominee and the pr application is in process.
Now the drivers license is soon expiring and work permit extension is taking forever.
Can I renew my license without a valid work permit when I bring all documents that proof I am in or process and my application for new work permit was sent out in november already ?

Thank you

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
reminder email: Sept. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
Sandra80 said:
Hi ,

I have a question. We are already pnp nominee and the pr application is in process.
Now the drivers license is soon expiring and work permit extension is taking forever.
Can I renew my license without a valid work permit when I bring all documents that proof I am in or process and my application for new work permit was sent out in november already ?

Thank you

Here in saskatchewan, as long as you have the file number they can extend it for another 8 months. Just print the email you got from cic with the file number and show it to them. Not sure about other province.

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
That Is What I Thought If I Bring All My Filenummer ( Pr And WP Extension ), Payment Receipt Etc They Should Be Able To Extend :)

I hope it works this way in alberta too :)

alexsa75

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
??-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
IELTS Request
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2016 upfront
Passport Req..
23-02-2027
LANDED..........
Inland, reland for PR 07-03-2017
Sandra80 said:
Hi ,

Thank you
All in the hand of registry clerk. In one registry Calgary was unfriendly and we go in another office. Good luck

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
I spoke to the registry todayso officially you need to bring the receipt that has the Barcode on top to proof you paid for WP Extension
With tgat every registry has to renew the license for 1 year.
Some do not check and just do a 5 year extension I was told.

But getting a 1 year should always work with the right document :)