+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP nomination

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Thank you for the response. At this moment i am gonna wait for 1 week/next draw and make a final decision. can we tell what is the possible chance of getting approval once I accept ONIP and submit the application. Curious for asking because 1500 CAD is a bit expensive and not sure if it gets refunded.
If you have all the required documents for Express Entry, then it’s good to go for and apply for OINP since they requires pretty much the same things (except Police Certificate since OINP doesn’t ask for it). 1500CAD fee is non-refundable though. Approval rate of OINP seems pretty high (I have no official figures here but when I applied for it, Icould tell that nearly 90% of applicants got the nominations).

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
If you have all the required documents for Express Entry, then it’s good to go for and apply for OINP since they requires pretty much the same things (except Police Certificate since OINP doesn’t ask for it). 1500CAD fee is non-refundable though. Approval rate of OINP seems pretty high (I have no official figures here but when I applied for it, Icould tell that nearly 90% of applicants got the nominations).
Thanks for highlighting PCC. With the given situations right now, I am not sure we can get PCC easily. I will take 90% to consider.
But as I mentioned earlier, since the next draw is 1 week away I will just wait for it and make a decision after that.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for highlighting PCC. With the given situations right now, I am not sure we can get PCC easily. I will take 90% to consider.
But as I mentioned earlier, since the next draw is 1 week away I will just wait for it and make a decision after that.
Sure, last time when I got NOI from OINP, I waited for around 3 weeks before submitting my PNP application as well.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Sure, last time when I got NOI from OINP, I waited for around 3 weeks before submitting my PNP application as well.
If it's not too much to ask, can you share the link or mention the steps on what should we do after getting NOI from OINP. I did some research but didn't know what is the first and next steps. Since you went thru the process, it would be easier to follow ur approach.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks but can I later withdraw?

As the letter says that the province is showing interest and I am supposed to apply directly to OINP to get the nomination, if they find my profile suitable?
So there is a possibility that I wont get nominated?
There will be a time frame mentioned in the intent mail within which you can apply to ONIP. In the mean time you can prepare you docs and if u get a FSW ITA you don't need to apply for ONIP, simple as that.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
If it's not too much to ask, can you share the link or mention the steps on what should we do after getting NOI from OINP. I did some research but didn't know what is the first and next steps. Since you went thru the process, it would be easier to follow ur approach.
This one was one of most comprehensive guides I found on this forum. Hope this might help!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide.396543/

Reactions: saiGaz

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
1. You need to create OINP profile on OINP portal and submit your required documents with CAD 1500 points.
2. Once you submit your application, you have to wait for almost 60 days to get the nomination approval (600 points)
3. 600 points will be added to your EE profile and your score will be updated to 1071.
4. Proceed with PR application then.
Thanks for the detailed reply
So lets say my application includes my spouse too (one primary and one secondary)
Is it 1500CAD per member
Or per application (including 2 ppl)