+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Nomination and Relatives

Canada_2015

Jun 28, 2015
Dear All,

Are the chances of getting nominated and getting PR reduced if one of your close relatives lives in a province which is not the same as the province where you are applying ?I read this in the forum somewhere.Please advise.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_2015 said:
Dear All,

Are the chances of getting nominated and getting PR reduced if one of your close relatives lives in a province which is not the same as the province where you are applying ?I read this in the forum somewhere.Please advise.

What do you mean by getting nominated and getting PR reduced? I do not believe there is anything like that. PR's are usually issued for a fixed time frame and do not come in reduced time frames. If you get nomination and if all of your documents are perfect, then you get PR otherwise not.

Canada_2015

Jun 28, 2015
I know PR's are issued for a fixed time frame.My question is something else.I am applying for PNP to one of the provinces but my close relative lives in some other province.Are my chances of getting PNP reduced because my relative lives in some other province.I have read in the forum somewhere that one of the applicants was rejected because his brother lived in some other province.The reason is that CIC feels that you are not going to settle in the province(where you have applied)if you have a close relative in some other province.Seniors please advise

Canada_2015

Jun 28, 2015
Canada_2015 said:
I know PR's are issued for a fixed time frame.My question is something else.I am applying for PNP to one of the provinces but my close relative lives in some other province.Are my chances of getting PNP reduced because my relative lives in some other province.I have read in the forum somewhere that one of the applicants was rejected because his brother lived in some other province.The reason is that CIC feels that you are not going to settle in the province(where you have applied)if you have a close relative in some other province.Seniors please advise
Hello All,

Please advise

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_2015 said:
You have hear wrong. This is not a generic rule. Some provinces might decide to give you negative points on their grid for having a close relative outside the province but CIC has nothing to do with this.

This could be true for Manitoba PNP but I'm not completely sure. This isn't true for OOPNP, SINP, NS-Demand etc.