+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP master program

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
I graduated with M.Eng from Canada in Feb 2018, the date mentioned in my degree. Undergraduate from other country. I am planning to apply for 2019 PNP master program. I have few concerns :
Is it the date mentioned in the degree or the last academic day of the semester is taken in account to span the 2 years period to apply for this program?
Any idea how frequent the portal opens for master program from now till the end of this year?
Is it ok to show funds in my name in foreign bank account?
Should I be doing the undergraduate degree assessment if I even have my masters done in Canada?
What is the procedure to apply for this program by myself, how many days will be allowed to submit all my documents once I start the application, especially the ielts score and financial documents?
Does the origin of our citizenship affects the processing time ?
In past how long was the portal open, I heard it was really short period of time and what is suppose to be done to get a spot on it ? Any suggestion is appreciated ?

tnitin809

Feb 22, 2016
Any idea how frequent the portal opens for master program from now till the end of this year? For this year all the nominations have been filled so it is highly unlikely it will open for this year.You might have to wait for the next year.
Is it ok to show funds in my name in foreign bank account? Yes but it can cause delay in the application due to verification. Also you have to get the letter from the foreign institution that it is your money and you don’t have an debt or loan obligation.
Should I be doing the undergraduate degree assessment if I even have my masters done in Canada? No
What is the procedure to apply for this program by myself, how many days will be allowed to submit all my documents once I start the application, especially the ielts score and financial documents? After the registration is done, you will get a email for your application file number within 1 day. You have 14 days to complete the application and submit. So you need to be ready with ielts and financial documents beforehand.
Does the origin of our citizenship affects the processing time ? Nope, you will get nomination within 60 to 90 days irrespective of the country of citizenship.
In past how long was the portal open, I heard it was really short period of time and what is suppose to be done to get a spot on it ? Any suggestion is appreciated ? The registration opens for 15 to 30 min. You need to check the Ontario immigration update page every day, as the updates are only posted on the website. They don’t post it on Facebook or twitter page.

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
Any idea how frequent the portal opens for master program from now till the end of this year? For this year all the nominations have been filled so it is highly unlikely it will open for this year.You might have to wait for the next year.
Is it ok to show funds in my name in foreign bank account? Yes but it can cause delay in the application due to verification. Also you have to get the letter from the foreign institution that it is your money and you don’t have an debt or loan obligation.
Should I be doing the undergraduate degree assessment if I even have my masters done in Canada? No
What is the procedure to apply for this program by myself, how many days will be allowed to submit all my documents once I start the application, especially the ielts score and financial documents? After the registration is done, you will get a email for your application file number within 1 day. You have 14 days to complete the application and submit. So you need to be ready with ielts and financial documents beforehand.
Does the origin of our citizenship affects the processing time ? Nope, you will get nomination within 60 to 90 days irrespective of the country of citizenship.
In past how long was the portal open, I heard it was really short period of time and what is suppose to be done to get a spot on it ? Any suggestion is appreciated ? The registration opens for 15 to 30 min. You need to check the Ontario immigration update page every day, as the updates are only posted on the website. They don’t post it on Facebook or twitter page.
Thank you so much

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
even if I am waiting for ielts results . Cant I just upload the document later

tnitin809

Feb 22, 2016
even if I am waiting for ielts results . Cant I just upload the document later
If you go by the rules you will be submitting an incomplete application which is likely to be marked as incomplete and rejected and your money will be refunded. I submitted all the documents right away and I dont know any of my friends who were in the same situation. It is advised to have the documents beforehand. But for more clarity you might want to send out to email to the help centre.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I watched the Ontario update page with an alarm every 15 minutes every weekday from 8 am to 5 pm eastern time. I also had automated page checking, but noticed that phone checking and computer checking alerts were different, and did not know which was more dependable. It is possible that they will announce in advance, but there is no regulation requiring them to do that. This was extremely important to me, so I wasn't going to take the chance.

On the first opening, where the website broke, my submission would not work. They said to send screenshots, but didn't accept them. On the second opening I got in.

Btw, your degree needs to be from an Ontario university for this program. Your post just said Canada.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I thought of something else. There is a chance that Ontario may open later this year. If you check the history on the OINP updates page, I think 2018 had a second one for later graduates even without the website breaking.

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
If you go by the rules you will be submitting an incomplete application which is likely to be marked as incomplete and rejected and your money will be refunded. I submitted all the documents right away and I dont know any of my friends who were in the same situation. It is advised to have the documents beforehand. But for more clarity you might want to send out to email to the help centre.
ok I have done my ielts now, so I should be good on that. thank you

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
I thought of something else. There is a chance that Ontario may open later this year. If you check the history on the OINP updates page, I think 2018 had a second one for later graduates even without the website breaking.
I am hoping it to open by this year.

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
I watched the Ontario update page with an alarm every 15 minutes every weekday from 8 am to 5 pm eastern time. I also had automated page checking, but noticed that phone checking and computer checking alerts were different, and did not know which was more dependable. It is possible that they will announce in advance, but there is no regulation requiring them to do that. This was extremely important to me, so I wasn't going to take the chance.

On the first opening, where the website broke, my submission would not work. They said to send screenshots, but didn't accept them. On the second opening I got in.

Btw, your degree needs to be from an Ontario university for this program. Your post just said Canada.
Ya I got my degree from Ontarian University itself. So how was it last 2 times did they give a notice time before opening the portal?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Ya I got my degree from Ontarian University itself. So how was it last 2 times did they give a notice time before opening the portal?
I asked them if there was any rule requiring them to give notice. They said it has just been their practice. No guarantees. Notice has been anywhere from a couple days to less than 24 hours. This program was my only hope, so I took no chances.

vaishsk13

May 12, 2017
I asked them if there was any rule requiring them to give notice. They said it has just been their practice. No guarantees. Notice has been anywhere from a couple days to less than 24 hours. This program was my only hope, so I took no chances.
How long was the notice period last time ?
What time did you see the notice, just because I work I have to arrange something .

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
How long was the notice period last time ?
What time did you see the notice, just because I work I have to arrange something .
They gave a few days notice the first time, when the website broke. When they finally got it fixed 2 months later and opened again, it was mid to late afternoon when they announced to watch the website for important announcement. I think it opened at 11 the next day.