Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
That is not the issue. The issue is having no genuine intention to settle in the province you're applying to, during the application process. So essentially committing misrepresentation/fraud in order to gain PR status in the first place.
Once become a PR, it is not your responsibility to prove your intention of residence. It is the government's duty to find evidence of you not intended to live while PR is in process in a prosecution of misrepresentation. You are innocent until proven guilty.

I will reiterate. They need to prove that one has intention to leave the province BEFORE obtaining PR status, not citizenship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Once become a PR, it is not your responsibility to prove your intention of residence. It is the government's duty to find evidence of you not intended to live while PR is in process in a prosecution of misrepresentation. You are innocent until proven guilty.

I will reiterate. They need to prove that one has intention to leave the province BEFORE obtaining PR status, not citizenship.
Yes, and intent is difficult if not impossible to prove in most cases after the fact.

However the government's burden of proof does not alleviate the fact that if one has no real intention to live in a given province, they are committing misrepresentation/fraud in the application for PNP. Despite most likely never being caught, they have abused the PNP system to gain PR status.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Yes, and intent is difficult if not impossible to prove in most cases after the fact.

However the government's burden of proof does not alleviate the fact that if one has no real intention to live in a given province, they are committing misrepresentation/fraud in the application for PNP. Despite most likely never being caught, they have abused the PNP system to gain PR status.
Then it's on the government on both fed and provincial level to work on plans to discourage people who have little intention to stick around. The MPNP point system which deduct points for people with connections to other province than MB is a good sign, while SINP which adds points to relatives living in Sask but not job offer is bad.

On the other hand, it is much easier to prove misrepresentation on Canadian residency in Citizenship applications, as they should. It's not based on vaguely defined "intention", it's on physical appearance in Canadian soil.

There are cases where CBSA caught people bought house and landed a job in a different province while landing. That would be sufficient evidence for a refused entry.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
There are cases where CBSA caught people bought house and landed a job in a different province while landing. That would be sufficient evidence for a refused entry.
Was this a case under PNP, and did CBSA deny the landing and cancel the COPR?

I can't see how CBSA could possibly know this type of info, unless the applicant voluntarily provided the info at the landing interview.

What would be interesting is seeing if a PNP PR has ever been revoked after the fact, due to some evidence coming up they had no intention to live there during the application process. I've never heard of such a case before.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Was this a case under PNP, and did CBSA deny the landing and cancel the COPR?

I can't see how CBSA could possibly know this type of info, unless the applicant voluntarily provided the info at the landing interview.

What would be interesting is seeing if a PNP PR has ever been revoked after the fact, due to some evidence coming up they had no intention to live there during the application process. I've never heard of such a case before.
AFAIK, yes it's during landing the CBSA has right to ask questions and search things

I don't think there are precedents for such accusation

CIC does have stats on interprovincial mobility for PNP immigrants, this is for 2006. maybe there are newer versions of this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/research/interprov-mobility/section4.asp

Gag_nm

Oct 25, 2015
You can land at any borders into Canada. If you do not show intention of living in NS, you could be refused entry and nullify PR visa.
Dears,
Don't fire on me.., I am planning to stay at PNP , if I don't get job , I was looking for my other options to survive

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Dears,
Don't fire on me.., I am planning to stay at PNP , if I don't get job , I was looking for my other options to survive
It is advisable to have a valid address in the province (even for a short time), keep utility bills or government letter, keep document of job applications in the province. It's rare, if any case, that CIC comes after you for moving out after legitimately landed

Gag_nm

Oct 25, 2015
It is advisable to have a valid address in the province (even for a short time), keep utility bills or government letter, keep document of job applications in the province. It's rare, if any case, that CIC comes after you for moving out after legitimately landed
Thanks dear

ShakIsm

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
Finally received our PPR and planning our landing this Nov. My family and I are Provincial Nominees of Ontario, however the only direct flight from Qatar (current country of residence) flies to Montreal. I am happy to provide evidence to the CBSA officer proving our intention to travel to Toronto from Montreal.
Basically I want to know if flying through Montreal (even if we're Ontario PNP's) may cause any setbacks to entering Canada or applying for our PR cards...

Feb 3, 2020
Thank you everyone for sharing your insights. We applied for Nova Scotia and have received our COPR. We will be doing a soft landing in the coming months to complete the formalities and then return to our current residing country. Our plan is to migrate mid next year. We would be happy to live/settle in Halifax but i am considering a scenario where we are unable to find a Job in NS. We do not want to be jobless for months. And assuming better job prospects for IT skill sets we were considering relocating to Toronto or Vancouver or any province we could get a Job.
Hi there, I have a few doubts about as I’m planning for nova PNP as well. Is there a possibility we can connect. I can share my email or contact number with u

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, I have a few doubts about as I’m planning for nova PNP as well. Is there a possibility we can connect. I can share my email or contact number with u
He hasn’t been on the forum for over 3 years. Go to the Provincial Nomination section and post your question there. Assume you live in the province now or have a job offer.