+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP ? Is this the way forward for me?

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Hi, I have already posted in the LMIA section querying things, now I am wondering if I am going down the wrong road.

I have lived in SK for almost 2 years ( i arrived as a spouse to a foreign worker, we are no longer together), my open work permit expires late June this year. I have a full time job as a care aide which I love and am very settled in and I wish to make SK my permanent home.
As this is not a skilled position, my employer has filled out an LMIA for me, however because

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
If the job is not classified as NOC O, A and B, you are not qualified for Express Entry from beginning.
You should get LMIA to extend your work permit and go for pnp.

Anna999

Jan 4, 2017
Ok thank you for that. So my employer has actually sent off my LMIA, but it is proving very time costly with regard tot he fact my OWP expires in 5 months.

The other issue I have just uncovered is that apparently the employee cannot pay the application fee. I offered as a gesture of good will, so it is my credit card details on the form.....do you think they will just request it to be amended, or instantly reject it?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Anna999 said:
Ok thank you for that. So my employer has actually sent off my LMIA, but it is proving very time costly with regard tot he fact my OWP expires in 5 months.

The other issue I have just uncovered is that apparently the employee cannot pay the application fee. I offered as a gesture of good will, so it is my credit card details on the form.....do you think they will just request it to be amended, or instantly reject it?

If Service Canada doesn't catch on how the application fee is paid then its fine but be prepared to explain on why you paid the fee and not the employer.